Proposal: Which JT Miller Deal do you prefer?

Which JT Miller Deal do you prefer?

• NYR- Kravstov, Lundkvist, 2023 1st

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • PITT- Marino, Poulin, #21

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • CBJ- Peeke, #12

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • LA- Grans, #19, Turcotte

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • BOS- Carlo, Lysell, #54

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Wash- McMichael, Lorio, #20, #46

Votes: 29 10.5%
  • NJD- Holtz, Mukhamadulin, 2023 1st w/lottery protection

Votes: 68 24.7%
  • CAR- Necas, Morrow, 2023 2nd

Votes: 67 24.4%

• Total voters

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This is a poll from another site, with some interesting responses. I'm curious to see what the folks over here think.

NJD 2023 PICK IS TOP 10 PROTECTED

Last edited:

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
This is a tough one to pick...the only ones I really don't like are Boston and Pittsburgh, and not really sure about the CBJ deal and not 100% in love with the Carolina deal...I'd be ok with any of the others though. It would be a difficult choice between the LA and NJ deals.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I don't love the Pit, NYR, or Bos deals. I'd rather do a Kessel style deal to Boston and take their next two unprotected firsts, they're probably decent again next year but there's real crash and burn potential there over the next two.

The Carolina and NJD deals would be home runs imo.

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I that Carolina deal what would we need to add to Miller to get DeAngelo’s RFA rights?

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I voted Carolina but I really like the poll, too bad the votes are not public. Will be interesting to look back at this thread in 5-10 years and see how wrong we all were :laugh:

Reactions: calnuck

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I voted for the Devils. Holtz, to me, would be the crown jewel. The 1st has the potential to be a pretty decent pick, and difficult last name Russian defensemen may be good? He has qualities that make me hope so but I’ve never seen him play.

A very close second is the Capitals offer. There’s less upside but I like McMichael’s floor, Iorio may be good, and I prefer having two good picks get into the Canucks system immediately over waiting a year.

I’d then probably put Carolina third. Necas is appealing but he doesn’t actually play center, had a bad year and playoffs, and requires a new contract. Morrow is about the same as Russian and Iorio, I just don’t know anything about him. The pick doesn’t hold much value considering Carolina will still be good.

I’m surprised LA has received so many votes. Grans is fine but has flaws, Turcotte hasn’t impressed in his two AHL seasons, and the #19 obviously is less appealing than the two Capitals picks. It feels like an extremely week package.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I thought the w standard for without which would have made that the no brainer. So I’ll pick that one without top 10 protection.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Necas would be a great get. Coming off a mediocre season but played 2nd line wing and a PP2 role. He can fly, play C and is about to hit his stride. Would keep us deep down the middle and his right shot could be on PP1 for us in Miller's spot. Morrow and the 2nd are gravy.

Like the 12th offer but would have to add Texier over Peeke for me. I haven't seen top4 upside but maybe the scouts think so which I would be fine with then.

Reactions: Burnaby Schmo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad