OT: Which is the next Canadian city to get a professional franchise?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
actually nvm Quebec its just another team that will invade our barn with their fans.. I hope they don't get it.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
actually nvm Quebec its just another team that will invade our barn with their fans.. I hope they don't get it.

Nordique fans will be the LEAST obnoxious of fan bases. They know what it's like to deal with idiot fans from the more "tenured" franchise (i.e. the Habs).

They'll have to deal with Hab fans invading their arena so the last thing they'll be is obnoxious when visiting other ones.

We'll have more in common with them than other fan bases for sure.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Before any expansion happens the Coyotes need a firm home, Seattle or Vegas would be the perfect options for that team. QC is easily the best choice, next to another Toronto team.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Before any expansion happens the Coyotes need a firm home, Seattle or Vegas would be the perfect options for that team. QC is easily the best choice, next to another Toronto team.

Well said.

Would be comical & pathetic if the league decided to go with a traditional expansion before it went with the relocation of a team who's own city council doesn't even want them there anymore.

When will Bettman just throw his hands up & say that his experiment in Arizona failed miserably? He's so in denial right now, it's ridiculous

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

Its the East vs West. The two spots open are in the WEST and Quebec needs to be in the East. Vegas and Seattle get the nod, especially with a new TV contract coming. US based gets more $$.

That said, if Arizona gets moved, it could be to Vegas or Seattle easily. That leaves the Toronto bid as the next in-line as it could play in the West. Detroit and Columbus would not want to move back.

I could see Florida getting a transfer to QC. But even though They lose money, the sports group does not, so who knows about that. Maybe Carolina gets a change of address. ??

All that said, Quebec (and Toronto2) would be a far better fan base than Carolina, Florida and many other US based teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad