Speculation: Which goalie will LA trade for?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
according to your metrics .. Anze has only been a #1 center twice in his career ... I dont agree with that part .. but i agree with some of the rest of your post ... i mean not all of it, haha but some of it ... i agree we should have played the kids more .. thats mainly coaches fault I think .. but i have been on the fire Tmac campain since like year 2 haha
I have to be on the fire the coach train since he was hired.
He invented the legendary choking artists and showed exactly that with the Kings.

But to be fair, i think the pressure is coming from the head office to make the playoff.
I'm sure Uncle Phil isn't exactly thrilled with Blake's performance.
So Koala plays the best possible lineup in his mind, instead working towards the future.

I really supported Blake and his patience but flipped into hostile mode when he lost the cool and made questionable at best decisions.

By the logic of looking at point totals Beegeron has been in the same low tier as Kopitar, but anyone with an understanding of the game should know better. They have been quite similar throughout their careers IMO. The difference is that Kopitar still has drive and health to keep playing at his level for a couple more seasons.
At this point you have demonstrated that you don't watch a single Kings game.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
He invented the legendary choking artists and showed exactly that with the Kings.

But to be fair, i think the pressure is coming from the head office to make the playoff.
So Koala plays the best possible lineup in his mind, instead working towards the future.

I really supported Blake and his patience but flipped into hostile mode when he lost the cool and made questionable at best decisions.

I’ve watched a handful of games, but they’ve been away games with more favorable game times given my location in Europe. I don’t pretend to be more informed than you, but my opinion is based on what I’ve seen.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If this years playoff showed us anything, you don't need a 7-10 mil a year goalie to win, just good enough to make the important stops when needed. Nobody had Hill winning the cup, hell, even playing a playoff game last year.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
And those players with longevity bring up the average age quite a lot. The average age of a roster does tell a story for where the team is positioned refardimg their future plans.
What’s the future plan when their 36 year old top line center is no longer a top line center?

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
What’s the future plan when their 36 year old top line center is no longer a top line center?
Well that’s the eternal question with teams that are pretty set when it comes to the average age. It won’t be a rebuild, that’s for sure. That’s what GM’s get paid for and some do a better job at it than others. Time will tell, but they are not in a bad position as I see it.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
And may i ask why Kopitar is a -6 after a playoff series?
All the points we have pre season are highly inflated by playing in an AHL division

And how comes that an elite two-way player is not able to keep opponents top line in check?
He was utterly destroyed twice in 2 playoff rounds
Tmac rode him too hard for his age he looked gasped at times.
His line was on the ice for the tying and overtime loser in game 4

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
1. bern is busy til Sun at earliest so I will respond to anything below when I get a chance.

2. NY wants to move Panarin, who nmc but I can see to LA [started midwest, went east, and LAK is a fit roster wise]. Doughty fits otherwise even but LA needs to throw small add for extra yr.

3. As to a G, Kings could do no better than Shesty. That will be top top dollar, but a smart gamble for NY if correct currency returned, Rs gamble G guru coach Benny Allaire gets most out of this season, noting Garand could be here sooner than later.

Could be a win win but LA has gotta pay big
til Sun
Blake wants to trade for Saros by 24/25 deadline or sign him as UFA after.

Reactions: YP44

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

This is the fanbase we are blessed with on HFBoards. You’ve got a team that’s had b2b 100+ point seasons following a rebuild and you’d think they were battling ANA for worst team in the league judging by the posts.

Absolute clown show.

I don’t pretend to be more informed than you
Don’t worry, you are.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I’ve watched a handful of games, but they’ve been away games with more favorable game times given my location in Europe. I don’t pretend to be more informed than you, but my opinion is based on what I’ve seen.

You can watch one game and be more informed than that clown.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This is the fanbase we are blessed with on HFBoards. You’ve got a team that’s had b2b 100+ point seasons following a rebuild and you’d think they were battling ANA for worst team in the league judging by the posts.

No idea how you come to this conclusion.
Yes, we will make the playoff but the circumstances how that happen can't be ignored.

BTW it it comes to playoff hockey vs the Oilers or Vegas, which we will most likely face, it doesn't matter it's the Kings or Ducks, the outcome is the same

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Let’s not forget that this guy sincerely believes that Kopitar and Doughty should be banished to the press box for getting paid too much. Tell ‘em, @Kurrilino

I still don't see what's wrong with that.
But i would phrase it different, they are not overpaid, they don't play up to their salary demands and this is why they would be in the press box

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
No idea how you come to this conclusion.
Yes, we will make the playoff but the circumstances how that happen can't be ignored.

BTW it it comes to playoff hockey vs the Oilers or Vegas, which we will most likely face, it doesn't matter it's the Kings or Ducks, the outcome is the same
Sweet. Since you have it all figured out like the next coming of Nostradamus, I can only hope you don't waste any precious time following this atrocious organization in the next 9-10 months. Can we get your buy in on that?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I still don't see what's wrong with that.
But i would phrase it different, they are not overpaid, they don't play up to their salary demands and this is why they would be in the press box
Everyone knows that professional athletes get paid for what they've accomplished in their careers...apparently you seem to be the one person who hasn't grasped that concept. Certainly there are players who come nowhere to close to earning their cap hit where it actually is putting the team at a disadvantage, but you might be the only Kings fan waving that flag for Kopitar/Doughty. Kopitar continues to lead the team in scoring and Doughty is the best d-man the Kings have. But you do you, boo.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Everyone knows that professional athletes get paid for what they've accomplished in their careers...apparently you seem to be the one person who hasn't grasped that concept. Certainly there are players who come nowhere to close to earning their cap hit where it actually is putting the team at a disadvantage, but you might be the only Kings fan waving that flag for Kopitar/Doughty. Kopitar continues to lead the team in scoring and Doughty is the best d-man the Kings have. But you do you, boo.
I grasp that concept perfectly fine
This doesn't change the fact when everyone but 2 players play well below their salary demands, you end up with a team that can't compete.
The Kings demonstrate that to perfection

Kopitar leading the team in scoring is not an achievement, its a disgracefor the team.
The issue is also not if Kopitar and Doughty lead the Kings, the issue is that thei salary demands demand to be NHL leaders, which they are not even remotely close.

The point of the NHL is to win the Cup, not to guarantee a hockey operation
This is impossible when you #1 center would be a #3 on cup contenders but is asking for #1 salary

Sweet. Since you have it all figured out like the next coming of Nostradamus, I can only hope you don't waste any precious time following this atrocious organization in the next 9-10 months. Can we get your buy in on that?
You don't need to be Nostradamus to figure that out.
Vancouver has the same issue, The core can't compete but their salary demands lead the team close to the salary cap, taking away any chance of adjustment.
But if you insist, i make a prediction, neither the Kings or the Canucks will win the Stanley Cup.
I will still watch the Kings games

Happy?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kopitar leading the team in scoring is not an achievement, its a disgracefor the team.
The issue is also not if Kopitar and Doughty lead the Kings, the issue is that thei salary demands demand to be NHL leaders, which they are not even remotely close.
This is just a small example of how idiotic your take is, but the following players make more money per point than Kopitar:

Jack Eichel
John Tavares
Austin Matthews

Should all those guys be banished to the press box as well?

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Axl and Kurrilino need to f*** already and just get it over with.
Almost forgot how much of a shit-flinging contest it can be around here with lord Axl escalating every conversation. It’s been a nice reprieve.

Sprinkle in a bit of Kurri delusion, and you’ve got a recipe for one hell of a soup sandwich.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Almost forgot how much of a shit-flinging contest it can be around here with lord Axl escalating every conversation. It’s been a nice reprieve.

Sprinkle in a bit of Kurri delusion, and you’ve got a recipe for one hell of a soup sandwich.
You are the modern day Socrates!

1694624744798.png

Reactions: Trash Panda

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce