Which goalie do you think catches fire this playoffs?

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
Oettinger was a brick wall in the playoffs that one year.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I just feel Oettinger will be the Bobrovsky of last year. Getting better results as the regular season went on, and then just crushes everyone's dreams on the way to the finals

He's also been playing quite well overall for the past ~month. If he's on fire then Dallas will be the most frustrating team to play

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Watch Charlie Lindgren go on a tear and take the Capitals to the SCF :laugh:

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Bernar did his team a disservice not playing Annunen down the stretch. He continuously outplayed Georgie and probably should have started the playoffs. Don't really understand Bednars alliegance to Georgiev.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Georgiev was definitely on fire...

Hellebuyck starting out pretty damp.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Bernar did his team a disservice not playing Annunen down the stretch. He continuously outplayed Georgie and probably should have started the playoffs. Don't really understand Bednars alliegance to Georgiev.

Think Aunnunen was sick, he prob still plays Georgiev tonight but would likely been pulled early enough to win the game had Annunen been available to him

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Georgiev was definitely on fire...
As predicted. And the best is yet to come: He will start Game 2 again because our Backup has the flu at the worst f***ing time....:laugh: and wont be healthy enough for Game 2 or even Game 3....:laugh:

Great times to be a Jets-Fan. Even if Helleybuck and the team dont get going, you can always count on Georgiev....

By the time Anunnen is healthy and can redeem our "starting-goalie" the series will allready be over.

Reactions: katfude

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Carey Price didn't 'catch fire, he's always been mostly elite in the playoffs. He did what generational goalies do.
Have you actually looked at Price’s numbers? He had one incendiary year, and then was ok to very good otherwise.

In the playoffs, he also had tons of shit years. There are tons of active players with better numbers than him in the playoffs.

Here, let me help. Carey Price Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Salary, Title | Hockey-Reference.com

I continue to remain baffled at how this guy gets so much veneration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad