Which goalie do you think catches fire this playoffs?

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Lots of really good goaltenders in the playoffs this year.

So, with that in mind, I'll go nuts and say Samsonov. :laugh:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I know he's had a tough season but I wouldn't be surprised if Vasi leads Tampa to yet another deep playoff run. Playoff mode Vasi is always scary.
He's turned it around of late. I'd be very scared to play TB right now, especially since they're going to be playing Boston/Florida who they've owned completely in the postseason.

Reactions: insomniaddict

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Who the f*** is Aiden Hill? English isn't even my mother tongue and even I can spell his name correctly.
1713190193735.gif

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
I feel like Helle could be really good this year. He looks much fresher than he has in past seasons heading into the playoffs. If he plays like he can, along with the team defense the Jets have wrangled together, the Jets team could stick around for a long time this year.

Here's to hoping Ilya samsonov pulls 16 incredible efforts out his ass.

Goalies can be great, but when there is swiss cheese in the defensive zone in front of him even that may not be enough.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not that it matters, I'm not offended or anything, and I do think Bobrovsky was the better goalie through 3 rounds but it wasn't a "lesser extent" for Hill after the Finals, plus the scope of your question works better for Hill since Bobrovsky was a former Vezina winner and Hill was a nobody back up on San Jose who didn't even become the de facto starter in Vegas until goalie injuries called on him to be one. Not that the question called for who came out of nowhere, but I don't know how you can say Hill's run was to a lesser extent.

Bobrovsky full playoffs: 91.5 Sv% 2.78 GAA 7.2 GSAA

Hill full playoffs: 93.2 Sv% 2.17 GAA 13.7 GSAA

This year I couldn't say. Maybe Demko

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Last year it was Bobrovsky. And you could even say Aiden Hill too but to a lesser extent.

In 2021, it was Carey Price.
In 2019, it was Jordan Binnington.

So, if a goalie catches fire who do you think it is this year?

Carey Price didn't 'catch fire, he's always been mostly elite in the playoffs. He did what generational goalies do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad