Which front office changes do you want to see ?

What changes you want to see ?

• No changes, keep everyone as is

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • Fire Jarmo, keep Vincent

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Keep Jarmo, hire a new coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire Jarmo, hire a new coach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Complete front office overhaul

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
We have a training camp starting up and an exciting season ahead. Boat was slighly rocked by a bad hire, but it's dealt with and time to move on. See what the team can do! I'm much less interested in the drama and just looking forward to the hockey season.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Organization was caught in a bind because of the timing.

I give Jarmo and Vincent the two years to get this team in the playoffs. If the team is walking all over Vincent like they did Larsen, then speed that up to this year.

JD is practically untouchable I believe.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would can Jarmo and have JD work with a new GM hire, maybe that's the plan once they can get a candidate free (right now most candidates are not available).

Vincent isn't going anywhere (nor should he) so I wouldn't include him in this poll.

Reactions: MAHJ71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Vincent now has a 2 year contract so that's settled. Time to rally behind him and hope for the best.

I'd fire Jarmo and JD. Both share responsibility for where the team is today and the mess ups along the way.

Bottom line: This org just needs new blood. New faces, new idea. In many different departments on the business side as well.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Vincent is now the coach and Im fully behind him. With zero games played, talking about a new coach is silly.

JD and Jarmo out, keep Vincent until there's a reason not to

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Keep Vincent. Let's see what he can do. Bring in a veteran assistant coach. Remove JD and Jarmo. Do NOT promote Rick Nash.

And finally, and probably most importantly, remove the common denominator on this staff that's been here for 23+ years of mostly losing hockey. Mike Priest, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
All of them. Jarmo hasn’t done enough in his time here to justify his job.

For the love of god make an outside hire. I guarantee the best person for the job doesn’t just so happen to already be in the building.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
JD just has 2 years left on his deal too doesnt he? No way they want to pay Babcock, Jarmo and JD to sit at home. Id be fine firing Jarmo if a suitable replacement is found. JD can go regardless I just get annoyed listening to him speak a lot of words and say nothing. To ownership its probably 2 years to figure it out or dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

Reactions: Cowumbus

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
what needs to be changed in our happy and comforting family? nothing, we can't fire anyone :sarcasm:

IMG_4382.jpeg
IMG_4381.jpeg
IMG_4383.jpeg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
out: jarmo + maybe JD
up: flynn (interim GM), rick nash (AGM)
keep: pazzy

Flynn and Nash are the two guys that kept saying Gudbrunson, when we excitedly signed him to that awful deal. I guess the more important question would be whether they thought $16m made sense for that contract offer, regardless it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing.

All of them. Jarmo hasn’t done enough in his time here to justify his job.

For the love of god make an outside hire. I guarantee the best person for the job doesn’t just so happen to already be in the building.

I don't think we have a good internal GM candidate. If they thought we had one then perhaps they'd already have the job by today. Part of the reason Jarmo might still be standing is that the good outside candidates are almost all locked up during the season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
JD just has 2 years left on his deal too doesnt he? No way they want to pay Babcock, Jarmo and JD to sit at home. Id be fine firing Jarmo if a suitable replacement is found. JD can go regardless I just get annoyed listening to him speak a lot of words and say nothing. To ownership its probably 2 years to figure it out or dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

I just don't want to listen to JD say "we're going North". It's always annoyed me.

Reactions: Cowumbus and Monk

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
I know two of the people in these photos and they have nothing to do with the players or front office staff. They're fans.
We are all from the owner to the fans - one big and friendly family. Why stressful changes? :sarcasm:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
As unpopular this may be, I voted keep everyone in place. But that vote is for this year only. To fire Jarmo (and possibly JD) now would be more disruption that can be absorbed. I agree with McConnell on this.

I’ll let Jarmo play out his hand this season. But at seasons end a complete evaluation is needed. I have no interest in promoting Nash at this time and I’m not all in on Flynn. I might have a more aggressive stance if Zito (or McFarlane) were still here.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Keep Vincent. Let's see what he can do. Bring in a veteran assistant coach. Remove JD and Jarmo. Do NOT promote Rick Nash.

And finally, and probably most importantly, remove the common denominator on this staff that's been here for 23+ years of mostly losing hockey. Mike Priest, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.
He’s the one constant in this franchise’s mediocre existence……Priest:thumbd:

Let’s just go all in……

Name Rimer GM & Jody skills coach

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I’m keeping everything the same for now. If the team is vying for a playoff spot you want people In position to make trades, etc to improve the team
it would be difficult to find quality people to take over right before the season, better to wait until the off-season when you can not only prepare for a change but also compile a list of people you want to go after
but if this team plays as poorly as they did last year you make the change at the all star break, that way you have a lame duck GM for only a couple of months

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I think Jarmo has built a really good foundation in Columbus. I appreciate many of the moves he's made, I really respect swinging for the fences with Panarin and Duchene. I also like what he did this offseason with the roster. He's made some excellent trades during his run.

That being said, the results haven't been there and that's all that matters. The Babcock situation is basically a kick in the nuts to the organization and its fans. This is it. Better win this year. If this season doesn't go well and no changes are made (at the front office level), I can't help but question the org's dedication to winning.

As always, I'm rooting for you guys. Wish ya'll didn't have to deal with all this drama.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think Jarmo has built a really good foundation in Columbus. I appreciate many of the moves he's made, I really respect swinging for the fences with Panarin and Duchene. I also like what he did this offseason with the roster. He's made some excellent trades during his run.

That being said, the results haven't been there and that's all that matters. The Babcock situation is basically a kick in the nuts to the organization and its fans. This is it. Better win this year. If this season doesn't go well and no changes are made, I can't help but question the org's dedication to winning.

As always, I'm rooting for you guys. Wish ya'll didn't have to deal with all this drama.
Meh it just keeps things entertaining until the hockey starts :laugh:. Not my money and if nothing else really puts added pressure on management to do something positive. Plus we finally get to see what Vincent can do after I wanted him before the Babcock hire

Reactions: 3074326

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad