Which forwards have a legit shot at making the team?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Unless someone comes out of no where, they have:

Ylonen
RHP
Heineman
Kapanen(no idea on contract statues)

I don't think anyone else is close and none of these guys are A level. Not sure anyone graduates.

Last edited:

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
I agree with you, our forward short-term prospect pool is absolute garbage. I'd say Mysak might have a shot the year after that, or maybe Roy and Farrell in 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dach Vader

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Ylonen
RHP
Heineman
Ikonen (no idea on contract statues)

I don't think anyone else is close and none of these guys are A level. Not sure anyone graduates.

Ikonen isn't property anymore and hasn't been for awhile.

It's really Ylonen, RHP and our 1st overall pick.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Ylonen
RHP
Heineman
Ikonen (no idea on contract statues)

Ylonen. Which is why I have no idea why Armia got signed to that crazy deal but here we are.....

RHP will be first call up I think.

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
I went to see the Rockets in playoffs and wasn't impressed by Ylonen at all !! RHP and Dea were the ones standing out. Even Danick Martel had a bigger role. Hope i'm wrong.

Reactions: MasterD

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Ylonen and RHP aren't ready as shown by the AHL playoffs. No need to rush them, wait and see how their off-seasons go and how they look at camp but unless they are lights out they should be back in Laval.
Ylonen may never look ready in the AHL. I don't know what he needs, but he's got a step or two to take.

RHP needs to spend his summer working on skating. If his skating makes it to "meh" he should make the team.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I went to see the Rockets in playoffs and wasn't impressed by Ylonen at all !! RHP and Dea were the ones standing out. Even Danick Martel had a bigger role. Hope i'm wrong.
Same. Saw him a few times in the season too, never been impressed. Saw him score a goal but it wasn't anything to write home about.

I don't see him have a role in the NHL, very bland.

Jan Bulis type, maybe.

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
Out of that group probably, Ylonen or RHP.

Ylonen hasn't impressed me in the small sample that I've seen him in. He can score but I don't really see anything else there. It's hard to tell because I've only seen him in a handful of games.

I expect & hope Poehling to be better.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Ylonen
RHP
Heineman
Kapanen(no idea on contract statues)

Roy could impress at camp...

But we have no room for anyone. We need to move some vets for futures. Ylonen and RHP are ready.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

But we have no room for anyone. We need to move some vets for futures. Ylonen and RHP are ready.
Roy is only mentioned by few posters. If he makes the team before Ylonen, RHP and others, let's say that's what happen, how this board will look? :naughty:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
This is the correct answer.

But we want to tank, so preferably, two of them please!

If we're tanking the prospects might as well play on a good team in Laval. After the TDL when guys like Dadonov are gone then they can come up for a few weeks and get a taste of the big league.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

I agree that they need to move vets. Roy could impress, but there's no need to rush him. I'd still send him back no matter how good he looks. They need one more year of sucking to get another high pick. After that, I fully expect to see them moving in the right direction. That's about the time guys like Roy will be ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad