Which former Sabre FA to be would you like the Sabres to sign most?

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Which former Buffalo FA would you like the Sabres to sign the most? Also, assume that St Louis decides to not to re-sign Ryan Miller.

Last edited by a moderator:

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
None of the above bc I want a clean complete rebuild. Only guys here I want from the last regime are the guys who were drafted in the past few years like Myers, Ennis, Hodgson, Foligno, Girgs Grigs, etc. etc.

Stafford will probably be gone too

Better to fill vet spots w/ new vet FAs next season's free agency

I love Steve Ott's leadership, but he's at best going to be a 3rd line player and as his career progresses, his style of play is going to take a bigger toll on his body

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
No love for Derek Roy, Cory Sarich, Jaro Halak, Chris Butler, Taylor Pyatt, Cody McCormick, Dom Moore, Chris Thorburn, Tim Kennedy, TJ Brennan, Joe Finely, Adam Pardy, or Mark Mancari?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Ott: I would love to see him in the blue and gold again. The team seemed to love him; he had a strong voice in the lockerroom.
Moulson: he's my second choice. Provides scoring. I never questioned his effort. He even stood up for his teammates. Would love to have him back.

IMLACHnME

Dec 27, 2013
GTA
No love for Derek Roy, Cory Sarich, Jaro Halak, Chris Butler, Taylor Pyatt, Cody McCormick, Dom Moore, Chris Thorburn, Tim Kennedy, TJ Brennan, Joe Finely, Adam Pardy, or Mark Mancari?

If the question had permitted a list, Cody McCormick would be on it with my Matt Moulson, my first choice, and Steve Ott, my second. With Chris Stewart, Marcus Foligno and McCormick up front, and Matt Greene and Deryk Engelland on the blueline, #32 would not need to be re-signed.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You guys really need to give up on the Steve Ott thing, go ask the Blues board how they feel about him.

Who cares what Blues fans feel about Ott? They're expecting him to score goals in a playoff series ... He's played well in the playoffs. They're losing so they're cranky.

Ott would serve this team just fine...but for some reason it rubs you the wrong way when people like what he brings to a team that is in obvious transition period. Your Ott hate is rather pathetic.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
None. I don't share the fascination with Ott and the others would be wasting their talents as Sabres.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Who cares what Blues fans feel about Ott? They're expecting him to score goals in a playoff series ... He's played well in the playoffs. They're losing so they're cranky.

Ott would serve this team just fine...but for some reason it rubs you the wrong way when people like what he brings to a team that is in obvious transition period. Your Ott hate is rather pathetic.

His possession numbers suck, his +/- sucks (even on a good STL team) He hits people and has mythical intangibles.

He's garbage.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
His possession numbers suck, his +/- sucks (even on a good STL team) He hits people and has mythical intangibles.

He's garbage.

lol .. You're acting like he's overpaid and praised for his numbers. He's not. He's an effective bottom 6 player. Period. And you've got a hard on for telling people how much of a garbage player you see him as... All because people like him. That falls on you.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Vanek for the haul he could get at the deadline next year (Tkachuk). Ott to shepherd the kids. I wpuld not be surprised to see them take a run at Mr. 50in07.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY

bull ****.

10/31/13

http://kuklaskorner.com/tso/comments/signs-are-pointing-to-ott-leaving-buffalo1

and now, after seeing the sabres trade their best forward in thomas vanek, and sensing the inevitable departure of franchise goaltender ryan miller, the "i melt with you" tune ott has metaphorically been singing to the press all this time is finally beginning to sound a bit more like "can we still be friends".

"i want to win," ott said during his radio segment this morning on wgr-550. "that's, firsthand, the most important thing for myself is i want to be successful in the nhl and have a chance to win..... Who knows what situation the buffalo sabres are in. They might use myself, for an example, as an asset and acquire things as well. Obviously, it's the business side of things."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad