Which duo would you rather have, including contracts?

Which Duo would you rather have?

• Total voters

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It is also how superstar giraffes make only 7.14M on a long term contract that hasn't even started yet, just use your eyes. Nurse wishes he was Dahlin. As mentioned above, it was also much of last season.

Uhmm, the bigger picture is 18yr generational prospect gets ruined by hockey terrorist coach. Finally looks like himself (which is a being a beast and generally one of, if not the best player on the ice).

Also I'd be so happy if we only had to pay him what Nurse makes. Sabres fans would rejoice, we'd be pretty set cap wise.
Lol @ generational.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Heiskanen continues to be overrated because of the bubble playoff run. That being said Robertson is a lot better than Thompson. He's the hart front runner this year.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Heiskanen continues to be overrated because of the bubble playoff run. That being said Robertson is a lot better than Thompson. He's the hart front runner this year.
Heiskanen is the go-to guy if you want a reliable two-way defenseman. You can rely on him in every situation.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Jason Robertson 22GP 18G 17A 35P +12 7,75M RFA 2026

Miro Heiskanen 19GP 2G 13A 15P +4 8,45M UFA 2029

VS.

Tage Thompson 21GP 13G 13A 26P +2 1,4M 2023 7,143M UFA 2030

Rasmus Dahlin 20GP 8G 15A 23P +9 6M RFA 2024

I`m taking the Dallas duo longterm. Buffalo`s contracts are good now, but I`m expecting Dahlin to get 10M+ longterm. I also expect Heiskanens numbers to rise. The difference between Robertson and Thompson is much bigger than between Dahlin/Heiskanen

Robertson will get a mega contract in a few years while Tage is on a steal of a contract.

What do you expect Dahlin will get in 2024 when RFA? He`s now on a 6M/. I`m sure he will get 10M+ then. Might even get 11-12M. Heiskanen is signed longterm for 8,45M.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Caufield and Robo play similar roles on the team and the Habs have no one like Dahlin as a PMD so Ill go him. I feel like Tage's position versatility is big here too.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
While i feel like people have caught up on what Tage is doing, I don't think most realize how good Dahlin has been on both sides of the puck. He's elite offensively and probably just a notch below when it comes to defense.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Caufield and Robo play similar roles on the team and the Habs have no one like Dahlin as a PMD so Ill go him. I feel like Tage's position versatility is big here too.
The similarities between Caufield and Robertson begin and end with both being top line wingers.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Jason Robertson 22GP 18G 17A 35P +12 7,75M RFA 2026

Miro Heiskanen 19GP 2G 13A 15P +4 8,45M UFA 2029

VS.

Tage Thompson 21GP 13G 13A 26P +2 1,4M 2023 7,143M UFA 2030

Rasmus Dahlin 20GP 8G 15A 23P +9 6M RFA 2024

I`m taking the Dallas duo longterm. Buffalo`s contracts are good now, but I`m expecting Dahlin to get 10M+ longterm. I also expect Heiskanens numbers to rise. The difference between Robertson and Thompson is much bigger than between Dahlin/Heiskanen

What do you expect Dahlin will get in 2024 when RFA? He`s now on a 6M/. I`m sure he will get 10M+ then. Might even get 11-12M. Heiskanen is signed longterm for 8,45M.
Dahlin will get signed this summer. I'd expected somewhere in the 9-10 range.

Robertson in 4 years might get double what Tage gets.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
It's so close that I have to go with recency bias here. Dahlin is playing like a Norris finalist and Thompson is such an exceptionally rare player that he's hard to pass up. Love Roberston and Miro has been great, but he hasn't been exceptional like Rasmus.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Robertson and Caufields games are nothing alike.

Also find it interesting how some seem to be saying Buffalo because of Tage over Robertson... I get the positional advantage could sway if their impact was similar but Robertson is producing at a rate much higher than Tage and is 2 years younger

Reactions: centipede2233

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Robertson and Caufields games are nothing alike.

Also find it interesting how some seem to be saying Buffalo because of Tage over Robertson... I get the positional advantage could sway if their impact was similar but Robertson is producing at a rate much higher than Tage and is 2 years younger
The similarities between Caufield and Robertson begin and end with both being top line wingers.
I really wonder how you can go through adult life with this level of reading comprehension.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I really wonder how you can go through adult life with this level of reading comprehension.
Comprehended just fine. Just wanted to point out that being top line wingers doesn't really make it a wash.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Lol, clearly you did not.
Then you have no idea what you actually wrote.

Caufield and Robo play similar roles on the team
Here you stack them up to essentially cancel each other out in the comparison.

and the Habs have no one like Dahlin as a PMD so Ill go him.
Here you stress that key difference in this pairing comparison is Dahlin's PMD skills relative to Miro that tips the scales for you, as you had earlier stated "Caufield and Robo play similar roles on the team"

I feel like Tage's position versatility is big here too.
Here you pay some lip-service to Tage's center position.

Words mean things. How you phrase things mean things. If it is not your intention to consider Robertson and Caufield a wash, I'd urge you to find a better way to phrase it otherwise you will continue to run into situations like this where you come off as pretty uninformed.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Then you have no idea what you actually wrote.

Here you stack them up to essentially cancel each other out in the comparison.

Here you stress that key difference in this pairing comparison is Dahlin's PMD skills relative to Miro that tips the scales for you, as you had earlier stated "Caufield and Robo play similar roles on the team"

Here you pay some lip-service to Tage's center position.

Words mean things. How you phrase things mean things. If it is not your intention to consider Robertson and Caufield a wash, I'd urge you to find a better way to phrase it otherwise you will continue to run into situations like this where you come off as pretty uninformed.
All of this and you couldve just said you misunderstood.

They both fill the role of scoring 1st line LW.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I fully understood your post. While Robertson is scoring a ton its because he is putting an emphasis on trying to be more selfish. He is a facilitator and more of a big brain set up type of player.

Caufield on the other hand has an ELITE shot and is the guy you want to be shooting. They fill different rolls.

As to your first line comment... robo plays closer to 2nd line minutes. Nothing wrong with running 2 lines closer to second line minutes

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I fully understood your post. While Robertson is scoring a ton its because he is putting an emphasis on trying to be more selfish. He is a facilitator and more of a big brain set up type of player.

Caufield on the other hand has an ELITE shot and is the guy you want to be shooting. They fill different rolls.

As to your first line comment... robo plays closer to 2nd line minutes. Nothing wrong with running 2 lines closer to second line minutes

Robertsons shot is pretty elite too. Both players are turned up to 11 on offensive skills and they play first scoring LW role, it wasnt meant as anything more than that.

Id just rather have Dahlin than Heiskanen and Thompson is a good fit for the Habs. Dach and Thompson could be a very dominant line in the future, and it gives the Habs the fall back plan of having the Giraffe at C if Dach cant make it there.

Also Slafkovsky is a LW, and while Cole has played RW all his career, he really exploded there. I think having a guy that can play C and RW is much better than just a guy that can play LW, no matter how good that guy is.

I understood.

Kurashev and McDavid both fill the role of scoring 1st line C.
Its funny because in this example theres less of a gap between Mcdavid and Caufield than Cole and Kurashev.

You didnt understand anything.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Robertson plays 1st line minutes. He gets the most ice time among forwards at even strength and on the powerplay, he just doesn't kill penalties. Caufield gets a bit more time on the powerplay but realistically he's only averaging about 20 seconds more per game this season, and some of that could be due to Jason playing less minutes in the first several games of the season, guessing because he missed most of camp.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Robertson plays 1st line minutes. He gets the most ice time among forwards at even strength and on the powerplay, he just doesn't kill penalties. Caufield gets a bit more time on the powerplay but realistically he's only averaging about 20 seconds more per game this season, and some of that could be due to Jason playing less minutes in the first several games of the season, guessing because he missed most of camp.
Robertson 17min 42s/gp. PP-time 2min 34s/gp

Caufield 18min 5s/gp. PP-time 3min/gp

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
And in that slightly less time he is killing Caufield in production. The point is MTL has a LW and C to make a line already. In this given hypothetical to create a 2nd scoring line that is elite I would 100% start with Robo over Tage because one is leading the league in goals with those minutes and the other isnt.

What im saying is if you want to pick the buffalo duo because you think Rasmus tips the scale then I agree there is an argument. If your scale is being tipped because you would take Tage over Robo then im at a loss because I see no measure where that is the right pick... This is no slight on Thompson, its just a statement about how Robo has looked like the best forward this year not nick-named after jesus

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad