Which duo would you rather have, including contracts?

Which Duo would you rather have?

• Total voters

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I said generational prospect, and yes they would if they were 19/20yo with both zero support and a coach that literally won't let him play his game (that hockey terrorist I mentioned).

And he wasn't ruined, just stalled. As anyone else would be.
Unfortunately “anyone else” don’t see it the same way.

Again, Dahlin will be a fine defenceman but it’s time to accept he isn’t going to live up to that draft hype

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland

Again, Dahlin will be a fine defenceman but it’s time to accept he isn’t going to live up to that draft hype

You just don't get it. He already has. That is the point.

And this next part is probably pointless seeing your ignorance with Dahlin the player himself, but I guess some people will just never appreciate how bad Krueger was, if Thompson wasn't already a decent indicator. No teenager on a garbage 1 line team with zero support is going to shine when their coach also deliberately kills their game on top of that.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I guess man.

Hes one of the best players in the league today. But you’d have to watch him and know what you’re talking about to know that. He had a coach who told him not to carry the puck. That’s real. He told an elite possession puck moving D man to dump and back up instead of jump. That’s what happened. If you can’t understand it…no one can help you. Denying its existence doesn’t change it. Skinner, Dahlin, Thompson, Okposo…Krueger killed vets and young players alike. LOOK AT TAYLOR HALL.

I wouldn’t trade him for Heiskanen now. And I wouldn’t trade him for Heiskanen in two years when he is, rightfully, making a lot more money than him.

Robertson sure. But we’ll see how that works out on the next deal. Buffalo will still be paying Thompson less than Robertson makes now for another four years when he’s cashing checks for 4 million dollars more per year.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You just don't get it. He already has. That is the point.

And this next part is probably pointless seeing your ignorance with Dahlin the player himself, but I guess some people will just never appreciate how bad Krueger was, if Thompson wasn't already a decent indicator. No teenager on a garbage 1 line team with zero support is going to shine when their coach also deliberately kills their game on top of that.

So people might understand, Krueger
Have you seen some of the coaches a truly generational player (McDavid) has had to play for?

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Have you seen some of the coaches a truly generational player (McDavid) has had to play for?

This isn't your normal bad coach. He had a deliberate game plan that literally didn't let Dahlin do what he did best, no teenage defenseman is going to overcome that alone, never mind the whole 1 line garbage team with no support thing...

Regardless of these facts, back in the present, very much a top 30 (10)(5?) D in the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
He had a coach who told him not to carry the puck. That’s real. He told an elite possession puck moving D man to dump and back up instead of jump. That’s what happened. If you can’t understand it…no one can help you. Denying its existence doesn’t change it.

I tried to tell 'em. As a 19/20yo.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Heiskanen is great and solid but Dahlin have a toolset that Heiskanen is missing. Would also chose Tage, but close also between those.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

Do you even know what you're arguing about? Dahlin had a coach that literally would not allow him to play hockey. In no way did any of McDavid's coaches prevent him from playing his game, were they good coaches that brought success to the team as a whole? Probably not, but can you say that his coaches did not allow him to play his game? In my opinion, a coach's role is to put his players into positions where they can succeed, Krueger literally did the opposite.

As for the poll, it depends what sort of player you want, Robertson is a smarter player, but Thompson has that explosiveness. Both special players. Dahlin plays a more exciting, high event style of hockey while Heiskanen plays a safer more conserved role. Both dominate when on the ice. I LOVE Heiskanen and wish the Sabres had a player like him.

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I like Tage over Robertson, particularly for positional value. But i trust Heiskanen overall, more than Dahlin. Although Dahlin is a ton of fun to watch when he's on, and the upside is very comparable.

Overall, my head says take the "sure money" in the Dallas duo. But i kinda want to go with the Buffalo guys.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
No, he really isn't. He isn't bad but he also isn't this defensive messiah that people try to make him out to be
Watch more Sabre games. Best defenseman on the ice most of the time. On both ends. I mean he's leading the team in +/- and plays all the minutes for cripes sake. He's excellent in his own end. You're talking about 19yo Dahlin and applying to him today.
Screenshot_20221124-174836_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Personally like the Dallas duo more from a hockey sense perspective but this is super close. Good one, OP.

Reactions: centipede2233

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Watch more Sabre games. Best defenseman on the ice most of the time. On both ends. I mean he's leading the team in +/- and plays all the minutes for cripes sake. He's excellent in his own end. You're talking about 19yo Dahlin and applying to him today.View attachment 612470
He had a rather unsustainable start to the season, small sample size

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What about last year? He was a beast the last half of the year. From here on out people are going to realize why he was considered a generational draft pick. He's that good.
If he was a generational draft pick, it would be be a “wait and see” scenario. He has the potential to still become a good defenceman but that generational ship has sailed

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Robertson is better than Thompson, Dahlin is better than Heiskanen.

The two forwards have contracts which will largely wash. Sure Robertson will make much more eventually he’s still signed for years.

Dahlin is likely to get a big payday. There’s a $ I take Heiskanen over him, but it’s pretty high.

I’d select Dallas’ pair with contract considerations. Very close though.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
If he was a generational draft pick, it would be be a “wait and see” scenario. He has the potential to still become a good defenceman but that generational ship has sailed
He started his NHL career at 18 playing defense on a generationally bad team with crap goaltending. And one of those years he played for a coach who wouldn't let.the defensemen skate 5 feet passed the blue line. But he's playing like a freak of nature now at 22. And now is what counts.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He started his NHL career at 18 playing defense on a generational bad team with crap goaltending. And one of those years he played for a coach who wouldn't let.the defensemen skate 5 feet passed the blue line. But he's playing like a freak of nature now at 22. And now is what counts.
That’s not how the career of a true generational player works…. Sorry to burst your bubble

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
That’s not how the career of a true generational player works…. Sorry to burst your bubble

I'm trying really hard to understand how you can't grasp what Krueger did. No 19yo is going to play through it. The team also being abnormally bad just adds to it.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Man, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you had the instructions on "how a generational player works". My bad.

I'm not advocating that Dahlin's a "generational" player, or whatever that means anymore. I'm saying from here on out, he's going to be one of the top contenders for the Norris every year until A. He gets old and loses his skill set, B. Retires, or C. Gets injured. He'll be a top defenseman at both ends of the ice.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad