Which D would you want?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I have seen a lot of different idea's floating around, I am curious where everyone stands. You can pick one.

Sign Alex Edler in the off season.

Sign Ladislav Smid in the off season.

Trade for Keith Yandle.

Trade for Gormley.

Offer sheet P.K. Suban.

Offer sheet Dmitry Kulikov.

If there is a different D out there you want, who is it?

TheOriginalSilf*

I suppose to me the most logical and likely situation could be Ladislav Smid. I'd love to ink Smid if he doesn't re-sign with Edmonton.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Edler in the off season for nothing but cap space is ideal.

If we go the trade route depends what they want for Yandle/Gormley.

Not a fan of offer sheets although Subban is tempting....not quite sure if I'd pull the trigger on that though.

TheOriginalSilf*

I wouldn't be down for offer sheeting anybody. There are much better alternatives.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Edler in the off season for nothing but cap space is ideal.

If we go the trade route depends what they want for Yandle/Gormley.

Not a fan of offer sheets although Subban is tempting....not quite sure if I'd pull the trigger on that though.

Same except I would rather Kulikov than Subban.

General Granny*

Elder looks like the most realistic option here, with him needing an extention and the Can bucks without much room to resign him, plus being Swedish and all he might want to play with his Sochi 2014 partner ;). And seeing how Van has been stockpiling on free agent dman, they maybe be looking at a trade soon.

Edmonton loves Smid and don't seehim going anywhere.

Phoenix is looking for a top center in return for Yandle and Gormley, unless they think that Dacosta could fill that role then that won't happen.

We don't have the balls to offer sheet anyone, unless our GM was Holmgren we either trade for them or nothing.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I don't see any of them leaving their present teams any time soon, with the exception of Yandle. So I guess Yandle.

With that said, I'd love to snag Smid in the very unlikely scenario where he hits UFA. I think Murray would be all over it, too.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If I could have just one of those players without taking into account cost in dollars and assets, I'd say Kulikov.

But when you take into account the other factors, I'd go Edler as an UFA. We'll have the money and maybe Karlsson/Alfie/Lehner/Silverberg can get in his ear about how awesome its going to be to play for Paul Maclean in Ottawa for the next 5+ years.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Edler
Phillips-Ceci

me likey.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Lol imagine the Leafs fans backlash if we took Kulikov from them. Wouldn't want to see the price tag it came with though...1st 2nd and 3rd round pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad