Which D prospect would you prefer to have?

Which of these five D prospects would you prefer to have?

• Cal Foote

• Erik Brannstrom

• Juuso Valimaki

• Timothy Liljegrin

• Urho Vaakanainen

Results are only viewable after voting.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I wouldn’t say a tier worse. But he’s definitely the least impressive so far. Still has potential though.
I think the problem with voting for him over ANY of the others here is hes living on past rep and potential but his value has been falling like a rock over the past two years. He was suppose to be an easy breasy top 3 pick in 2017 and dropped all the way to 17, and as expected since then has dropped in the redraft and will most likely continue to

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd take Valimaki over any of the others by a pretty comfortable margin. I think he's got the most all-around upside. He can skate, he can move the puck, he can produce points, and he's also got the size and defensive side of things.

After that, it's tough. Maybe Brannstrom for the raw offensive upside. I still don't fully trust Liljegren's decisionmaking or Foote's skating. And Vaakanainen has always kinda struck me as the definition of "meh".

With the Canucks current state of defence prospects though, i'd happily take any of them. I'd just vastly prefer Valimaki. Could desperately use a guy with that sort of all-around upside in their organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad