Which D prospect would you prefer to have?

Which of these five D prospects would you prefer to have?

• Cal Foote

• Erik Brannstrom

• Juuso Valimaki

• Timothy Liljegrin

• Urho Vaakanainen

Results are only viewable after voting.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
These five defensemen were drafted in order at the 2017 draft. Which one would you prefer to snag for your team?
Should have made the votes public so we can ajust the homer team votes

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
I feel like Valimaki, Brannstrom and Liljegren has the most potential out of the group. I went with Valimaki

Reactions: cgf

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Branstrom
Lilijgren
Valimaki
Foote
Vaak

Though all are good defense prospects i see brannstrom and lilijgren as having the highest ceiling with branstrom being the best of the bunch overall. Valimaki im the most confident in becoming a top 4 defender but I dont see his ceiling as much higher than that. Dont like Vaak and Foote as much as the other three.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Brannstrom>>Valimaki>=Liljegren> Vaak>Foote

Brannstrom is the only one that has really impressed me so far. The other ones have been kind of unspectacular (still consider them good prospects) to me so far.

Reactions: Mitch nylander
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure Liljegrin belongs on this list, he's at least a tier worse than the other guys.
Have you watched all 5 of these players extensively or do you have advance stats of the minor leagues that no one else has access of to make such a bold statement? Because NHL network ranked them close to each other on their top 50 NHL prospect list this August (except for Vaakinainen who didn't make the cut).
NHL Network reveals top 50 prospects

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
It’s interesting that you recognize Foote only. Especially considering that at this point Valimaki is the only full time NHLer. I would think if one was most recognizable, it would be him for that fact.
Vaaakanainen has been in the NHL pretty much the whole season. Just on the IR cause of Borowiecki's elbow.

When he did play he was very good but I haven't seen enough of the other 4 to feel comfortable voting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad