Which current player are you most like?

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
When I played hockey I would say the closest example on an NHL level would be Kasparitis. (we have nobody on our current team like him).

I'm 5'11" , a little light in the a$$ (168 Pounds playing weight)
I played a physical defensive game anyway and my goal was to get the top offensive threat for the other team to throw a punch at me by the end of the game. Part of it was playing sound defense, part of it was telling him about it every time I took the puck from him and part of it little gabs in the legs with my stick, crosschecks in the back, gloves in the face after the puck is frozen. Little things that over the course of a game agitate until the player snaps and takes a swing. I took my fair share of punches for power plays.

In practice I would lay down to block shots without upper pads on. Practice to me was just as important as games, I was the captain of the team and I wanted to lead by example in practice including getting into shoving matches and fights but everyone on my team knew I would be the first to drop the gloves for any one of my brothers in a game.

Kasper is without a doubt the closest example of me on the ice.

Wore #77...Favorite player on at Isles team at that time was Sneaky Pete (Although everyone thought it was for Bourque because I played defense)

Last edited:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
When I played hockey I would say the closest example on an NHL level would be Kasparitis. (we have nobody on our current team like him).

I'm 5'11" , a little light in the a$$ (168 Pounds playing weight)
I played a physical defensive game anyway and my goal was to get the top offensive threat for the other team to throw a punch at me by the end of the game. Part of it was playing sound defense, part of it was telling him about it every time I took the puck from him and part of it little gabs in the legs with my stick, crosschecks in the back, gloves in the face after the puck is frozen. Little things that over the course of a game agitate until the player snaps and takes a swing. I took my fair share of punches for power plays.

In practice I would lay down to block shots without upper pads on. Practice to me was just as important as games, I was the captain of the team and I wanted to lead by example in practice including getting into shoving matches and fights but everyone on my team knew I would be the first to drop the gloves for any one of my brothers in a game.

Kasper is without a doubt the closest example of me on the ice.

Wore #77...Favorite player on at Isles team on Sneaky Pete

Getting into shoving matches and fights with your teammates is unbecoming to a captain and leader.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Well no one, id get killed out there pretty quick.

However, I play hockey video games like a perfect combination of Kyle Okposo when he is motivated defensively. You remember that tenacious stick checking gritty forward who didn't really throw his weight around, but got the job done. Yeah that's me defensively. That plus John Tavares of say 2 years ago. I am not good at deeking, but I see the ice better than I'd say about 99% of the people who play NHL online. I pass, I go to where the puck is going to be & not to where it is, I am always open for passes. I make my teamates better.

The problem is, when you play online there are so many dummies who have no idea how to play hockey & they just all clog the net/swarm to wherever the puck is/dmen playing as forwards etc...

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Getting into shoving matches and fights with your teammates is unbecoming to a captain and leader.

So is throwing your stick into the bench because we came out flat against a team we should beat into the ground on opening night(which I did and got a 10 minute misconduct) but there were 5 minutes left in the game and we were down 5 goals. The point is I played with emotion at all times, a lot of the time in the locker room after practice it was squashed. The players on my team knew it was nothing person, if I wasn't emotionally involved I was not as effective.

So maybe its unbecoming but the players voted for the captain every year...I was the player they voted for every year.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Current Islander? hmmm probably none. Undersized goalie that has to make up it with speed and flexibility/athletism along with good positioning. Probably would compare myself to Osgood if we're talking ex-isles, just a little bit more of the butterfly style in my game then he had (when he was here at least, he developed more butterfly technique once he went back to detroit for round 2)
League wide....I'm not sure, all the goalies are freaking giants now lol

emotionally....Hammer. I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
When I played, I was most like Hickey. Undersized, but highly mobile, positionally sound, and a good first pass out of my zone. In the offensive zone could distribute the puck efficeintly, but a weak shot and not terribly creative, so the majority of my points came from breakout passes that resulted in a rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad