Which current player are you most like?

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
If you played hockey, who on the current Isles roster would you most resemble. and if you didn't play hockey, who do you think you would be like. and what number would you wear?

i played a lot like Cizikas does.

big on skating, hits everything. decent hands (or so my girlfriend tells me :naughty: ), decent hockey sense. better suited to PK than PP.

and i would wear # 11. because #1, is like the best number, and that's why it's #1. and i'd have two of them... ;)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Growing up my favorite player was Kasperitis and I always tried to play just like im...

Im 6'1 and was 6'0 since I was 14 so I was always a bit bigger then the other kids when I played....

I played physical and was a RHS so on the current Isles I would say Hammer...

I wore #4

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
My user name describes me best. Love the physical game but keeping it clean as well. Not always looking to fight but when I need to I will.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I actually still play hockey, so this is an easy one...

AMac!

Smart, mid-sized, 2-way dman who tries hard but just isn't good enough to play on a really great team

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
359-3.jpg

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
A mix between McDonald and Moulson probably, although I can play on the PP and PK. I like physical play on the wall and in front of the net and can put up some points.

ktrio730

Nov 25, 2006
Wantagh, New York
In real life, came up with Josh Bailey. No real clue as to why.

In real life hockey, Hamonic with 99.999999% less skill.

In NHL 14, Tavares baby!

Quine Gon Jinn

Apr 12, 2011
Long Island
I'm having a hard time figuring out who I am most like. I have been playing hockey my whole life and here's a basic summary of how I play the game.
-I mostly play center because I do enjoy helping out in my own end.
-I'm not the most physical player out there
-Not the fastest either
-Normally a pass first type of guy, I like to be creative and try to set up goals
-Don't always take defenders on but I have been known to get a sweet dangle in ever once and a while
-If I didn't pass it, My wrist shot is very accurate but not very fast, and my slapshot is basically non existent
My first couple of bullets seem a lot like Franz but then my last two seem like a more Okposo/Bailey combo sooo basically I'm a combination of our second line.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Franz but without the speed. So that made me a small, slow, play making center. It's no wonder I don't play any more.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
I'm a sniper and really nothing else. Give me the puck between the circles and I will find the back of the net with regularity. Ask me to back check consistently or kill a penalty and I'm pretty much useless :laugh: So, I guess I'm Moulson... with a bit more speed.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
When I started as a goalie before ruining my hips, probably Steve Shields - big, flexible, butterfly style.

As a winger, likely Dustin Penner only with more grittiness - a big-bodied, pass-happy LW with a bit of a mean streak.

bvon44

Jul 3, 2006
Long Island
Growing up playing hockey I modeled my game after Pat Verbeek, a little guy (I'm just barely 5'8'') with a lot of hitting and a great deal of offensive skill, and not too much on the defensive end.

Now when I play I'm a lot like Frans Nielsen, good shot, less hitting (always being the smallest guy out there has limited this), great passing, good hands, and defensive awareness. If only I could get that Danish backhand of justice working, maybe it only works for Danes....

Ahh, didn't see the last part of the question, I always try to wear #44 but if it isn't available, #14 or #24.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
When I started as a goalie before ruining my hips, probably Steve Shields - big, flexible, butterfly style.

As a winger, likely Dustin Penner only with more grittiness - a big-bodied, pass-happy LW with a bit of a mean streak.

I don't know if you know this or not but...Dustin Penner isn't on the Islanders roster :(

Also to answer the other part of the original question, I wear #29 currently but grew up wearing #2 and #8. And it's not because of Leetch or Ovechkin, and I was a goalie so it was a bit odd to most people. Now I'm playing center and wear #29 since KJ was my favorite player growing up, regardless of the position I play.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Frans Nielsen easily.

Fast two-way forward who loves to pass and play very good defensively, I need to shoot more often. I do have some moves, but mostly get past the defenseman with my speed. Same height, I'm just 10lbs lighter and a right-handed shot. Funny thing is when I'm on a breakaway I go to my backhand lol.

Last edited:

startainfection*

cizikas clutterbuck or mcdonald, smaller/average size, i like to hit a lot and i grind, depends if I'm playing wing or center i guess

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Ice hockey, I could barely be a Moulson. Couldn't skate, tried to hit, but could bury the puck with the best of them.

Roller Hockey - When I was younger a Jarome Iginla....

As I got older and wanted to be able to build the play and be a leader I became a defenseman and I'd say I was a Bryan McCabe or a Paul Coffey.

Oh, crap...Isles roster...hmmm.

In Roller Hockey none of the wingers cause i'm better than all of them. On defense, maybe a Visnovsky but a bit more physical.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
I play a lot like Moulson, really good At putting the puck in the net, but I am not the best player with the puck or in the defensive Zone. I am smart with the puck and my positioning and I pick up a lot of the garbage goals because I get into the dirty areas, I also play physical so that isn't Moulson like but close enough.

MarginallyTalented

Mar 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
For me, Moulson all the way. Not a good skater or good defensively but I was good at one thing and one thing only, and that was putting those garbage goals away. I couldn't dangle or do anything with the pick before the blue paint lol. Everytime I got the puck, I would pass it off or dump it in and get my butt in front of the net. Looking back, I didn't deserve to play on the first line :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->