Which Coyote takes the biggest step in 17/18?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
My next thread in the super important set of lame canned topics!

Which Coyotes *ROSTER* player will take the biggest step forward next season?

Not talking prospects here but guys who were on the team for large parts of last season.

Domi take the next step putting up >60 points and make the all star game?

OEL put up Norris numbers offensively?

Dvorak continue his second half of last season into this one solidifying himself as a top 6 C?

Perlini score 25?

Chychrun continue his rocketship stock raising ride?

Duclair shows it was just a sophomore slump?

Someone else? I'm intentionally excluding the new acquisitions as well.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
IF Tocchet does't screw up and split up Domi and Duclair, I think Duke will show that it was just a sophomore slump and that we can start to pencil him in for 20 goals a year in the near future.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
For the health of the franchise it should be Duclair or Dvorak. Duclair so we don't end up with an asset who's value has plummeted so far. Dvorak because if he's the story of the year, our center problems are solved regardless of Strome's progression.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm expecting big things from Dvorak. He was just starting to break out of his shell towards the end of last season, and I think he'll come flying out of the gates come October.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Perlini

He was held back by back usage and linemate combos on Tippett's part, Tocchet will set him free. He was already scoring by himself off the rush last year.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I think Dvo legitimizes himself this year. He was good and continued to get better and towards the end of the year he started to really assert himself out there. I really see him becoming our version of ROR.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Dvorak. I could see it in the kid's face as the season went on last year. He didn't seem at all intimidated by the NHL game. He just waited and watched. Then, after some breaking-in time, he said, "OK, let's go play this game." And he did it with the look of a guy who was going to make the game his *****.

I think he's going to have a great season.

Toadie

Mar 24, 2015
Calgary AB
Going dark horse here. He will be on the ice vs easier lines. I say Goligoski will have 40 points and a plus 10. A Huge increase from last year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Going dark horse here. He will be on the ice vs easier lines. I say Goligoski will have 40 points and a plus 10. A Huge increase from last year.

There's definitely a decent chance he flourishes. He still put up respectable numbers even when he didn't look all that great eye-test wise last year. Though I think he has an upper limit on production given he's behind OEL on the PP and not that great at it anyway.

Toadie

Mar 24, 2015
Calgary AB
Agreed but I hope being on the number 2 power play unit he will find his 2014 magic. The big wild card is who will be his pairing partner. My gut says one more trade is still in the works.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm legally required to answer Chychrun. I also think he'll be our 2nd best defensemen by the end of the year.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Perlini. I expect him to get more PP time and better line mates. I even expect him to play on the second line with Dvorak. If we can get another skilled winger on the right hand side, whether thats Keller or an acquisition, I expect Perlini to do great things this season.

Yandover

Nov 8, 2013
Duke and Perlini will both net 25. Book it.

"Duclair shows it was just a sophomore slump"

Duke will show it was just a HWMNBN Slump and will return to his rookie season form, especially if Tocc plays him with Max instead of fourth line scrapheap bums. Perlini also should benefit from the Regime change and with "a new dawn, a new day" and a breath of fresh coaching air, Perlini just might hit that 25 goal mark. All the pieces are falling into place and anything is possible. It's been almost five years since I have been this excited in looking forward to the start of a new season.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think it's Domi. Not since OEL have the Coyotes had a player who so easily passes the eye test. Despite a ton of adversity last year he still looked good and avoided the dreaded sophomore slump. I think this year he takes that final jump into legit first line territory, he will eclipse 60 points and likely never look back.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I voted Duclair - but i really think it will be Duclair and Domi. I think with Doan and Vrbata gone - these two should excell. I am excited to see what the power play really looks like next year.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
How awesome would it be if everyone in this thread ended up arguably correct!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
IF Tocchet does't screw up and split up Domi and Duclair, I think Duke will show that it was just a sophomore slump and that we can start to pencil him in for 20 goals a year in the near future.

Why does someone always have to say this. Duclair HAS to learn to play without Domi. I believe he will play the majority of his ice time with Domi if he produces, if not it's anyone's guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad