Which "C" will NYR acquire in the offseason

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hey all,

Im aware there is already a trade/roster building thread, but im just really curious to see these results on a poll. Not trying to derail the roster thread in any way.

Cheers!

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Monahan or nobody would be my best guesses. I don't see anybody paying what Buffalo wants for Eichel until they at least see him return from surgery.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I think they'll sit tight for now. I would rather stay patient and continue evaluating what we have. This team in certain regards is still a bit of a mystery because of how young they are. Other centers will become available. No reason to rush things.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hey, good question.
I have to say NOBODY, in Capital letters. I don't see WHY in any way they would before then. I don't think this upcoming off season is the season in which they so called "have to" make a move. Decisions surely will have to be made......but MUCH of what the answer is, has EVERYTHING to do with the 2 ????marks on Zibby and Stromer, but probably equally important is exactly "how much of a stride" has Filip made BEFORE TDL of next season. That is when decisions will be made. Me thinks.
If I "HAVE TO" choose one from above, it certainly wouldn't be Eichel, and living here in Florida, I just happen to LOVE Barkov and what he brings.
Zibby despite his down year is a fave of mine, and Stromer seems a must have for Panarin and vice versa. They are just like peanut butter and jelly. So, what to do?
NOTHING......just sign and drive away.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
They will wait and hope barkov is available the following offseason. If he isn't extended with Florida by next deadline I'd definitely inquire about a sign and trade.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Eichel would be my preferred choice but if LA is serious about blowing Buffalo outta the water with an offer than Larkin would be my second guesss

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
To acquire Eichel you need to send back a bunch of high end assets, and then clear other assets to make cap work long term. It doesn't make you a better team.

This team will be loaded up front like Tampa in a few years once the kids start going. Find a way to move troubas contract and then start workin' on that defense. Lots of good young talent in the pipeline. Use kravtsov as a part time c, or Barron as a middle 6 c. You got zibby. Great wingers, great goaltending, some high end defensive pieces. As a canucks fan, I'm jealous.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
To acquire Eichel you need to send back a bunch of high end assets, and then clear other assets to make cap work long term. It doesn't make you a better team.

This team will be loaded up front like Tampa in a few years once the kids start going. Find a way to move troubas contract and then start workin' on that defense. Lots of good young talent in the pipeline. Use kravtsov as a part time c, or Barron as a middle 6 c. You got zibby. Great wingers, great goaltending, some high end defensive pieces. As a canucks fan, I'm jealous.

Fair enough about the assets, we'll have to see what it will cost

Cap wise, we are probably not paying Strome long term and he is going to be a loss. He is taken for granted here. Incredible value at 4.5 mill. Maybe he wouldn't be on another team or situation but that doesn't matter, he fits here.

Then you have the Zibanejad decision. A trade for Eichel means we don't pay him. So, Eichel for 5 years at 10 mill or Z at 8.5-10 for 8 years?

Eichel could be the better bet. And I didn't want him at first.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I’d guess none is most likely and Larkin is second most likely. Trading top dollar assets for Eichel coming off a serious injury without playing a game is just insanely risky.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I like the idea of solving our center depth problem internally. Keep Strome. Keep Zibanejad (and reevaluate in a year). And instead of trading for a shiny new toy, just put a lot of resources into developing Chytil. There are a lot of tools to work with there. At worst, he’s a great 3C (and we have Zibanejad and Strome as our top 6 centers anyways). At best, he develops into a 1C. Kravtsov also has the tools to become a great center. And Barron is looking like a great middle 6 option.

The key here is Zibanejad. If he’s not a surefire, elite 1C by this time next year, I think that’s when you make a trade for one. It’s much easier to hope one of Chytil/Kravtsov/Strome becomes a 1C when you already have one in Zibanejad. But you can’t put all your eggs in that basket if Zibanejad badly regresses.

Nolan Patrick is a very intriguing option though. There’s some upside there, and he probably won’t cost too much. If he can be had for a 2nd, Georgiev, and maybe another minor-ish asset, I’d do it.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Two things:

1. I basically wrote the same thing. I promise I didn’t copy you. I read your post afterwards.
2. Trouba is going nowhere. I just wish his cap hit was like 6-6.5 mil.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Said none b'c options listed were either
not desirable
not truly available
not affordable

If we could have done something around Deangelo for Patrick, that looked interesting.

Howev, we will have a new C face by promoting from within....

It cannot be disputed that he looks like he can handle it;
also,
has played well w/Panarin as has Kakko
so the line I seek on paper is can't miss:
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well Gorton and Blake have been very active with each other as of late so i'm going with Turcotte.

Lundkvist for Turcotte gets it done. A top prospect for a top prospect.

Reactions: Buchnevich89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad