Which "C" will NYR acquire in the offseason

Which "C" will NYR acquire in the offseason

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
First time we have a bonafide 1C in forever and now we're scared of his contract. He's better than Eichel and all the other jamokes mentioned here. Pay him what he's worth and move on.

This is sort of how I feel. And to the extent that Zibanejad is injury prone, it’s head injuries and that kind of issue is LTIRable.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Most people expect it to be Eichel, I think he ends up in LA. Sutter seems to love Lindholm and is molding Monahan into a more complete role right now in Calgary, I think Larkin is the one on this list that makes the most sense. That doesn't mean he is my first choice, just that he makes a lot of sense.

Larkin and Kreider do have chemistry from their USA Tournaments. I prefer Larkin but I doubt the Wings will move him. why move the only good pieces that they have. wish Rangers was in on the Mantha deal.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
What will Penguins do at the deadline next year ? They will be on the way down in the standings.....Malkin about then to become a UFA....does he get moved at the deadline .....??????? Now he would be some kind of add for a playoff run on a club like the Rangers albeit an expensive rental for sure . It's the type of add though that could win a team a Cup .Imagine trying to defend on that top 9 of Panarin-Malkin-Buch or Kravs and Lafreniere-Zibs-Kravs or KK while rolling out a 3rd line of Kreider -Strome/Chytil- and Kravs . 4th line of Barren ?-C -Blackwell /Gauthier . Fun times....

A healthy Malkin would be worth a first rounder and a D prospect of sorts and who knows what else ?

effen

Feb 3, 2018
What will Penguins do at the deadline next year ? They will be on the way down in the standings.....Malkin about then to become a UFA....does he get moved at the deadline .....??????? Now he would be some kind of add for a playoff run on a club like the Rangers albeit an expensive rental for sure . It's the type of add though that could win a team a Cup .Imagine trying to defend on that top 9 of Panarin-Malkin-Buch or Kravs and Lafreniere-Zibs-Kravs or KK while rolling out a 3rd line of Kreider -Strome/Chytil- and Kravs . 4th line of Barren ?-C -Blackwell /Gauthier . Fun times....

A healthy Malkin would be worth a first rounder and a D prospect of sorts and who knows what else ?
Malkin is glacially slow and if he came here it would be to retire.

Reactions: bernmeister

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Well Gorton and Blake have been very active with each other as of late so i'm going with Turcotte.

Lundkvist for Turcotte gets it done. A top prospect for a top prospect.
This changes EVERYTHING. I love Lundkvist, and we do have a need for another offensive d-man, but there’s a greater need for a top-end center prospect.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Totally forgot about Clayton Keller. Wasn't Gorton really high on him? Coyotes may be desperate for picks and quantity over quality.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I would say Eichel, but I don’t think anyone offers anything substantial for him until they are sure he comes back at 100%. Kind of works out because Zibby and strome still each have a year left and Barkov may decide to go UFA as soon as Zibby expires. It’s an interesting situation to say the least. If he’s staying a panther expect him to sign as early as possible. If he doesn’t, there’s hope

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I like the idea of solving our center depth problem internally. Keep Strome. Keep Zibanejad (and reevaluate in a year). And instead of trading for a shiny new toy, just put a lot of resources into developing Chytil. There are a lot of tools to work with there. At worst, he’s a great 3C (and we have Zibanejad and Strome as our top 6 centers anyways). At best, he develops into a 1C. Kravtsov also has the tools to become a great center. And Barron is looking like a great middle 6 option.

The key here is Zibanejad. If he’s not a surefire, elite 1C by this time next year, I think that’s when you make a trade for one. It’s much easier to hope one of Chytil/Kravtsov/Strome becomes a 1C when you already have one in Zibanejad. But you can’t put all your eggs in that basket if Zibanejad badly regresses.

Nolan Patrick is a very intriguing option though. There’s some upside there, and he probably won’t cost too much. If he can be had for a 2nd, Georgiev, and maybe another minor-ish asset, I’d do it.
If you keep strome and Zibby and Chytil, I expect ChytilS development to stall a bit and Barron won’t be getting a lot of minutes either. I think Fil might be going the other way in a package. He’s got the goods and I think teams are going to want him and play him in a larger role then he’ll get here

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
I would, at this point, rather have two-way centers that compliment our wingers and win faceoffs. We have so much wing talent that having centers being dominant scorers is not necessary. Having them compliment the wingers would be more important and effective. Would also save some $$$ towards the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad