Which Bulldog player should be called to replace Bourque/Moen

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Anyone who says Dumont needs to realize that guy should not play on the Habs.

Too small for bottom 6 and not talented enough for top 6.

I agree with you long term, especially as a centre, but circumstances aren't exactly ideal right now. Hard work is infectious, and a lot of my concern with him is mitigated by playing the wing instead - especially with someone like Malhotra. It's also a good "job shadowing" opportunity in that regard. Also, he's kind of earning it down there, as is Ghetto. I guess Hudon is also an option, but I think Dumont's style suits the role better. In any event, the more hungry players the better at this point, imo... at least in the short term.

Best case scenario, we find out once and for all that $5 million of Moen+Bourque can be safely unloaded and we can try to keep moving forward. Worst case scenario, both of them prove to still be in over their heads, and solutions still have to be sourced elsewhere. I'm pretty comfortable with the entire range of possibilities there.

HabsFanJosh

Jun 28, 2014
I agree with you long term, especially as a centre, but circumstances aren't exactly ideal right now. Hard work is infectious, and a lot of my concern with him is mitigated by playing the wing instead - especially with someone like Malhotra. It's also a good "job shadowing" opportunity in that regard. Also, he's kind of earning it down there, as is Ghetto. I guess Hudon is also an option, but I think Dumont's style suits the role better. In any event, the more hungry players the better at this point, imo... at least in the short term.

Best case scenario, we find out once and for all that $5 million of Moen+Bourque can be safely unloaded and we can try to keep moving forward. Worst case scenario, both of them prove to still be in over their heads, and solutions still have to be sourced elsewhere. I'm pretty comfortable with the entire range of possibilities there.

I like the idea of Dumont shadowing Malhotra this year. It'd be good to teach someone to replace him as our fourth line Center. Dumont also isn't that small, plus he plays a big mans game. Also, Mathieu Perrault is the same size and a pretty decent bottom six player.

I'd like to see Ghetto stay in the AHL until we have a top six position for him. I believe Hudon would be a great solution to the Eller problem. Hudon has always been a good two way player, and he's got the vision and playmaking ability to help spark Eller. I've always believed Eller is better shooting than passing.

I'm also very curious to see what we do with Bowman and Tangradi.

Last edited:

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I really don't see the issue people have with Moen. He was fine when he was in the lineup - as good as Prust or Weise, in my opinion.

I agree but he has been pre-selected as a whipping boy for this year.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
The correct answer is no one. With Bournival gone there's still 13 healthy forwards.

To be honest I would scratch Prust for a while. He has been the worst forward on this team to date. At least Moen can kill penalties. Prust does nothing. He's done.

Bourque is awful again, but he is still far more useful than Prust, and can at least keep up on the Eller line. Seeing Prust play on the 3rd line after Bournival was hurt last night was absolute agony to watch.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
If for some reason they do call someone up, it most likely will be Thomas or Ghetto.
DLR needs to work on his offense a bit more.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Nobody to replace Bourque or Moen. They are fine where they are. When we actually need a player to play due to injuries, and Bourque and Moen are already in the lineup, then it depends on where we need the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad