Which Bulldog player should be called to replace Bourque/Moen

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
More like replacing the injured Bournival.

Bourque should be eating hotdogs in the pressbox for the rest of the season.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I'd like to see Andrighetto.

Same with me. I want a scorer making the other scorers nervous about their ice time, and not incidently, enabling the team to score more than a paltry goal a game.

Edit: and I want MB telling the coach whom to insert in the lineup; moreover if the coach benches that player arbitrarily, he does so at his peril. That's what I want.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You don't usually call up a player when you have 13 healthy forwards, unless you want to give a big middle finger to one of your guys.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
No one, Moen or Bourque will just be the extra attacker while Sekac might see more time unless he's somehow suspended

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Andrighetto will be a very good player the guy was better than kucherov in the chl and look a t what kucherov is doing. Just like I ssid back in 2011 Gallagher was going to be good. Mark my words.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
You don't usually call up a player when you have 13 healthy forwards, unless you want to give a big middle finger to one of your guys.

There are a few players that have certainly earned one. Not just Bourque. The scorers are not scoring either. Make 'em nervous, albeit not for 7-8 games in the manner that Sekac was singled out.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Andrighetto will be a very good player the guy was better than kucherov in the chl and look a t what kucherov is doing. Just like I ssid back in 2011 Gallagher was going to be good. Mark my words.

I haven't watched both guys but... Kucherov was almost a 2pts/game in his first season in the QMJHL ('Gettho was close too). He also got way more points/game in his first few games in the AHL..

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I'd trade Bourque asap tbh. His effort is acceptable this season but he's not effective at all.

1 goal in like 30+ reg. season games.. that's brutal. We cannot wish that his shot % to double every time the playoffs come.

John Scott still have more goals than him this season.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
I really don't see the issue people have with Moen. He was fine when he was in the lineup - as good as Prust or Weise, in my opinion.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Bring up Hudon to replace Bournival, and Andrighetto to replace Bourque.

The problem with our depth is that all of our next-gen players are bringing us back to midget status: Thomas, Ghetto, Hudon, Reway...I only hope guys De La Rose, Lehkonen, and Scherbak come up at the same time to balance it out.

TimGolbert

Oct 30, 2014
Edmonton
Bring up Hudon to replace Bournival, and Andrighetto to replace Bourque.

The problem with our depth is that all of our next-gen players are bringing us back to midget status: Thomas, Ghetto, Hudon, Reway...I only hope guys De La Rose, Lehkonen, and Scherbak come up at the same time to balance it out.

I agree about DeLarose and Scherbak, but Lehkonen is listed at 5'11 163 lbs

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I'd like to see Dumont get some time on(/under) Malhotra's wing (instead of Moen, of course), and I'd like to see Ghetto instead of Bourque. Don't think either turns our fortunes significantly nor immediately, but I might be more content developing those young guys a bit further than I am watching those vets occupy time/space on the roster at this point. Don't know how much I like getting a bit smaller and softer again as a result, but whatever.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Anyone who says Dumont needs to realize that guy should not play on the Habs.

Too small for bottom 6 and not talented enough for top 6.

habitue*

He has the heart of a T-Rex, is a damn good leader as the dogs Captain though!:nod::nod:

As a #13 forward, Dumont won't hurt. he can still play RW on the bottom line part time. The guy deserves few NHL $$$, more than some who are actually on the big team.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'd trade Bourque asap tbh. His effort is acceptable this season but he's not effective at all.

1 goal in like 30+ reg. season games.. that's brutal. We cannot wish that his shot % to double every time the playoffs come.

John Scott still have more goals than him this season.
Trade him for what? He doesn't have any value on the trade market, unless you want draft picks. Giving him a few weeks of paid vacation on the press gallery is better than getting some draft picks.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Trade him for what? He doesn't have any value on the trade market, unless you want draft picks. Giving him a few weeks of paid vacation on the press gallery is better than getting some draft picks.

What's wrong with trading him for picks?

You clear 3M$ on the cap and can use to sign a winger in the off season or trade for someone at the deadline.

Bourque has been useless for us in the regular seasons since he joined the team and nobody will take the gamble that he's gonna suddenly double his shot % in the playoffs every years. Might as well get rid of him now because the more he plays, the less value will get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad