Management Which Bruins Fan Grouping Are You In?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hey All!

Loving this time of year and the great debates. It is becoming clear that there is a clear divide of multiple philosophies of what the Bruins management should do this weekend. So let's see what the poll says!

There seems to be something absent of this thread

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Since it's unlikely to get him on a 3 to 4 year deal, I'm fine with dealing him as long as the plan is those pieces for something better. Wouldn't be happy to have 3 more 1st round picks with how strong the pool currently seems. If they do keep him I would look into moving on from one of Hayes/Connolly and Seidenberg to free up space and money on the roster. Vatrano could replace one of those two next year.

I also take extreme offense to being called Pie! I don't even like Pie!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Since it's unlikely to get him on a 3 to 4 year deal, I'm fine with dealing him as long as the plan is those pieces for something better. Wouldn't be happy to have 3 more 1st round picks with how strong the pool currently seems. If they do keep him I would look into moving on from one of Hayes/Connolly and Seidenberg to free up space and money on the roster. Vatrano could replace one of those two next year.

I also take extreme offense to being called Pie! I don't even like Pie!

HAHA. Edited. Check the reason.:)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Option 1 skewed word play. Suggest trading Eriksson now for assets which will return a #1-2 dman. A late 1st is highly unlikely to be a major part of a trade to acquire a top pairing dman.

Why not "trade Eriksson for a 1st + prospect."

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I went trade him for a 1-2. But I'd personally even take a solid, steady, 3-4.

But I'm coming around to paying him a sizable contract. I would just need that to happen before the deadline...otherwise I'm almost certainly using that giant trade chip.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Option 1 skewed word play. Suggest trading Eriksson now for assets which will return a #1-2 dman. A late 1st is highly unlikely to be a major part of a trade to acquire a top pairing dman.

It's not skewed at all. It is a poll and I want them to trade Eriksson for assets to move later or now for a top pairing defenseman. If you don't like that option, pick another one you do like. That one is pretty straightforward.

I could put 'eat your shoe' and if people choose it, they choose it.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

Because DS wouldn't bail on this year's team, like that. Not too many ways he could get fired, doing that and then missing the playoffs might be one.

Upper management/owners have to have playoffs.

Full sale mode excuse went out the door a while back. The team is just not bad enough.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
You can't re-sign Loui and at the same time improving the defense (I'm totally against rentals), unless you find a taker for Seidenberg.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I chose option one, but primarily because I don't see the Bruins signing Eriksson.

The key here for me, is when the dust settles on Monday, I want the Bruins to have a better team than they have now. I have no interest in dealing for more picks or more prospects at the expense of today's roster. If that happens, I'd be more disappointed than I would if Eriksson walked away for nothing.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I chose option one, but primarily because I don't see the Bruins signing Eriksson.

The key here for me, is when the dust settles on Monday, I want the Bruins to have a better team than they have now. I have no interest in dealing for more picks or more prospects at the expense of today's roster. If that happens, I'd be more disappointed than I would if Eriksson walked away for nothing.

You forgot the best part:

Now all us theorists and debaters have a separate thread from the trade one to discuss the philosophical moves management should make!

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

Interesting, because on the ride home I was thinking to myself that I'm almost at "as long as he doesn't walk for nothing I'm happy."

I'm not thrilled about paying him a huge contract, but it wouldn't kill me. And I don't worry about Loui going for picks or prospects, DS could never justify that.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
If Trouba is indeed on the market, I would offer all three 1st round picks for him in the summer.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Same boat

I'll only be okay with dealing Eriksson if

We get a top 4 D via Loui + assests trade & acquire a top 9 winger to replace him....or acquire a younger top 6 winger for Loui +

I will not be happy if we deal Eriksson for a mid 20s pick and a prospect....I know most of our fans will but I can bet if that is our only deadline move....it will cause some problems between our players and management...I can't imagine what Bergeron, Marchand, Z, Rask, etc will think about our front office trading a top 10 NHL winger in Goals and Points for 2...18 year olds who they won't even see for 3-4 more years if ever...when they have the 8th best record in the NHL

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
We can't afford to lose him for nothing, if we were a cup contender I would hold onto him, but we are not. Continue to add prospects, the mini rebuild is going really well this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I watch this team plays game like last night, the way the forward lines have gelled when everyone's healthy, and the goaltending, and think what if.

I've been on the Sell-Eriksson bandwagon for awhile.

But if Sweeney could some how, some way, pull a rabbit out of his hat and deliver the Bruins the top end RD they desperately need, not this summer, but right now, I think I'd be OK with keeping Eriksson not signed past the deadline.

But alas, this is fantasy stuff, back to reality.

Sell, sell, sell!

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
No, I think it is clear: the majority of the board recognizes that defense, top pairing, is the most anemic part of our roster and they realize that Loui, or assets received by moving him, can help us get that type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad