Which Avs players will have a good SCF series?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Going with Lehkonen, the man has true clutch and his play style will thrive against Tampa's suffocating defense. If the Avs are going to win this thing we'll need to outwork them, and Lehks will lead the way in that category at the very least.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Someone should tell MacKinnon that if he scores at least 8 points in this series, Halifax Regional Municipality will add his name to that Crosby sign outside the Cole Harbour Walmart.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Darren Helm

For years I've thought if MacKinnon ever found himself in a cup final he'd hit a gear we've never seen from him before. That guy wants to win more than any Avs players I've seen in decades.
We will see. If Memorial Cup Mackinnon shows up the Avs have a chance. If Game 7 Mackinnon shows up its over quick.

• Haha
Reactions: Avs2022

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
only thing I know is that if we win the Cup, the clinching goal will be scored by someone these boards hate. it is bound to happen, it is called karma. :P can you imagine JMFJ sniping one from center ice on Vasi? to close the OT in game 7? after the obvious meltdown these boards would have seeing Bednar send him to play on such a moment? lol

Reactions: Pokecheque

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
only thing I know is that if we win the Cup, the clinching goal will be scored by someone these boards hate. it is bound to happen, it is called karma. :P can you imagine JMFJ sniping one from center ice on Vasi? to close the OT in game 7? after the obvious meltdown these boards would have seeing Bednar send him to play on such a moment? lol
JTC

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
MacK because he has been waiting for this series all his life;
Byram because Tampa will overfocus on Makar-Toews and he can really unleash all the frustration he has accumulated this season;
Kuemper because he was brought in exactly for this. If he fails, he will struggle to find a starting job or he will end up (again) on a bottom feeder at 3/3.5 mil a year

Reactions: Mules

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Every single one. Our team is a well oiled machine. Every single cog is sharp, important and dominating.
I actually agree with you on this. As impressive as MacKinnon and Makar often are with spectacular plays, one of the things that is so striking about this club is their ability to score on the opponent in multiple ways. Top line, second line, D-core, bottom 6, PP, PK. And your line about it being a well oiled machine. JB has the players laser focused. NHL had a great article about Landeskog in which he cited a story about Jiggy who often said opportunities to play in the SCF are rare.

I don't doubt the TBL can and will suppress some aspects of the Avs offense at times. They are a superior opponent. The best. But I just don't foresee them consistently stifling and suppressing the Avs' offense throughout the series because the Avs are a superior skating team and can move the puck with speed. That's what I'll be looking for. Can the Avs get their game going in the o-zone?

I suspect they're going to be shooting snipes (high blocker), wristers, slappers, tips and deflections (suspect these will be really important against Vasilevsky), all kinds of attempts to score greasy goals around the crease.

I would be really disappointed if I saw the Avs handle the puck as carelessly as the Rangers did in game 6.

• Love
Reactions: Sea Eagles

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I actually agree with you on this. As impressive as MacKinnon and Makar often are with spectacular plays, one of the things that is so striking about this club is their ability to score on the opponent in multiple ways. Top line, second line, D-core, bottom 6, PP, PK. And your line about it being a well oiled machine. JB has the players laser focused. NHL had a great article about Landeskog in which he cited a story about Jiggy who often said opportunities to play in the SCF are rare.

I don't doubt the TBL can and will suppress some aspects of the Avs offense at times. They are a superior opponent. The best. But I just don't foresee them consistently stifling and suppressing the Avs' offense throughout the series because the Avs are a superior skating team and can move the puck with speed. That's what I'll be looking for. Can the Avs get their game going in the o-zone?

I suspect they're going to be shooting snipes (high blocker), wristers, slappers, tips and deflections (suspect these will be really important against Vasilevsky), all kinds of attempts to score greasy goals around the crease.

I would be really disappointed if I saw the Avs handle the puck as carelessly as the Rangers did in game 6.
They are superior to the other team we faced I agree, but I wouldn't call them superior to us - just want to clarify that. We are a better team across the ice. Vasilevsky was rubbish down the stretch for them in the season proper. We are winning the cup, and I'd be surprised if Tampa win a game.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
They are superior to the other team we faced I agree, but I wouldn't call them superior to us - just want to clarify that. We are a better team across the ice. Vasilevsky was rubbish down the stretch for them in the season proper. We are winning the cup, and I'd be surprised if Tampa win a game.
Who can establish their game? I think the Avs’ skill and physical ability, especially speed and accurate puck passing, will be key and allow them to do so.

Reactions: Sea Eagles

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
They talked about first round Mackinnon. I just hope by the end of this people talk about Stanley Cup Mackinnon. He's built to shine in pressure situations. He threw down that nasty hatty in the St Louis series, got us back in it with the 4th goal in game 4 against Edmonton, goals in every Nashville game. He has come up clutch every series and this is the biggest spotlight he can show up in.

On the unexpected side of things, I'm hoping EJ comes up big after all these years. I don't see it on the offensive side but just with all out play in his own end. Also have a weird feeling that a guy like NAK lights the lamp at key times out of the blue.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00