McMillan - 10% - Depth player
Etem - 5% - Late season call up
Wagner - 5% - Depth player

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Your likelihood for Holland is a bit...well...wrong. He's a PPG player in a talent inflated AHL and Boudreau loves his game. He's probably the third most likely to get a spot on the team behind DSP and Palmieri.

I also think Lindholm would be more likely to get a call up right off the bat than Guenin. Hampus only came to NA because management let him think he'd have a shot to make the team out of camp.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I love Hollands game, I think he is a potential first line center, but unless something happens, I dont think he will play this year in the NHL. You can pencil him in for next year though.

As far as DSP, I like the way he plays also, but I think he played in the NHL last year because he could not go to the AHL. It was either the NHL or juniors and he would not have improved playing against kids.

I did not include Lindholm since they will go slow with him because the concussions. I think he could play this year, but he is too valuable to rush.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
DSP, Holland and Palmieri are all close to locks IMO. Maroon has an outside chance also. Someone will need to take the 7th defenseman spot as well - I expect that to be a vet as they will be sitting in the pressbox every night - probably Smaby, Hendry or Guenin.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If Holland doesn't make the team then who are the 4 centers? And please don't tell me you think Cogliano is a realistic option at C. He's ****ing terrible there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Getzlaf
Koivu
Bonino
Holland

There you go. List me a better center than Holland. He looked plenty capable in his stint last season and Id argue that he improved quite a bit since then.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
If Holland doesn't make the team then who are the 4 centers? And please don't tell me you think Cogliano is a realistic option at C. He's ****ing terrible there.

Unfortunately it is Cogliano unless Pellly or some Veteran face off guy is signed. Holland is a top 6 center, and although I would not be upset if they brought him up to play there, I just think they are going to go with

Getzlaf
Bonino
Koivu
cogliano

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'll say this. If holland can elevate his game enough with an NHL job on the line at camp, he'll earn a spot easily

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Your likelihood for Holland is a bit...well...wrong. He's a PPG player in a talent inflated AHL and Boudreau loves his game. He's probably the third most likely to get a spot on the team behind DSP and Palmieri.

I also think Lindholm would be more likely to get a call up right off the bat than Guenin. Hampus only came to NA because management let him think he'd have a shot to make the team out of camp.

They won't call Lindholm up to sit on the bench, so unless Beauchemin isn't healthy yet I agree Guenin as the #7 D is far more likely the first D call up. If/when Souray injures himself then its likely Lindholm gets a call.

I also think the only way Holland stays up is if either Bonino can't cut it as the 2a/2b center or if Holland goes back to tearing it up at the AHL level. I doubt they want him only getting 5-7 minutes of ice time when he could be further developing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They won't call Lindholm up to sit on the bench, so unless Beauchemin isn't healthy yet I agree Guenin as the #7 D is far more likely the first D call up. If/when Souray injures himself then its likely Lindholm gets a call.

I also think the only way Holland stays up is if either Bonino can't cut it as the 2a/2b center or if Holland goes back to tearing it up at the AHL level. I doubt they want him only getting 5-7 minutes of ice time when he could be further developing.

Thankfully Beauchemin was fully recovered before training camp was meant to start, he's definitely ready as far as I know.

As for Holland, Boudreau did say he wants to roll 4 lines. Getzlaf and Perry played on the 4th line in 05-06 and still averaged around 12 mins a game due to getting a decent amount of PP time and the fact we actually had the depth to roll 4 lines that year.

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
If Wagner is a depth player then so is Etem.

Wagner works every shift and is a good player but Etem has really stepped it up and should be ahead of wags on the depth chart.

I'm not sure who makes it and who doesn't. It seems like that entire team is struggling.
Got that right the team is frustrating to watch.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Wagner works every shift and is a good player but Etem has really stepped it up and should be ahead of wags on the depth chart.
I don't disagree, but he hasn't opened up a major lead on Wagner, yet. So if we're calling Wagner a depth player, then Etem is the same. In truth, I don't think either are depth players. They just aren't ready for the show.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Pelly can barely handle himself in the AHL from what I've seen.

Agree completely. Pelly is a waste. Not physical enough and doesn't consistently bring enough energy to earn a spot IMO. I don't mind having a grinder on the 4th line, but he better be mixing it up, and IMO he's not consistent enough in that area. Don't waste a roster spot on him.

Either Holland or bring someone like Moore in.

We really need another top six forward though.

Admiral Al

Jun 14, 2005
I dont think there is much room for many in the line up but here you go

Palmieri - 90% - Nothing left to prove in AHL
Guenin - 75% - 7th Defense
Maroon - 50% - 4th line
DSP - 30% - Needs to develop game more
Vatanen - 20% - Only if they need puck moving defense
Holland - 20% - Only if injury or season goes in the tank
Clark - 20% - Injury or 7th defense
McMillan - 10% - Depth player
Etem - 5% - Late season call up
Wagner - 5% - Depth player

I think I saw a Pig Fly, oh no wait that was Palmieri starting in the NHL, from the worst team in the AHL to the best team in the NHL LOL

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Camp opens on Saturday, says Eric Stephens.

I wonder how many guys will be called up, since it will be a short camp plus Norfolk can't stand to lose too many guys(but idk their schedule).

I'd imagine that's why Boudreau is in Norfolk right now, to see who deserves at least a look with the big club.

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
Holland
Palmieri
DSP
Maroon
Guenin
McMillan

Only ones I think that have a shot. At least for the opening night roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: