Proposal: Which active player/players would you like to see back in Pittsburgh?

RSPens

May 25, 2015
How about Mr Game 1? You just said active, you didn't specify NHL active.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Ex Pirates would never want to come back to the shit show Nutting has been doing.

But Steelers ex players come back because it's where they peaked in their career and want to do that again. But the Pens? I don't think many ex Pens want back. Not any that have spent time there. I mean not even Kunitz came back in a staff role and you know they'd give him one.
What about Dupuis and Cullen? I mean not all former players are interested in office jobs, but from the way people talk about Pittsburgh it is a desirable place.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
What about Dupuis and Cullen? I mean not all former players are interested in office jobs, but from the way people talk about Pittsburgh it is a desirable place.

Also Daley, Scott Young, Tom Kostopoulos, Bob Errey, Kevin Stevens, Warren Young, Andy Chiodo I think. That's off the top of my head.

Reactions: RSPens

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Ex Pirates would never want to come back to the shit show Nutting has been doing.

But Steelers ex players come back because it's where they peaked in their career and want to do that again. But the Pens? I don't think many ex Pens want back. Not any that have spent time there. I mean not even Kunitz came back in a staff role and you know they'd give him one.

Plenty of Pirates would come back. The players don't get actively mistreated. They just don't get paid.

Probably the first ex-Pen that would want to come back is Sheary - at least off the top of my head. Though he does his best work against the Pens so who knows. Maybe MAF.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
MAF or Staal. I think the rest of the players their time has passed or will be passing.

Kessel will always be one of my favorite Pens and would help on the PP but we don't need help there. Hornqvist, same idea.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
XWuAmla.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Plenty of Pirates would come back. The players don't get actively mistreated. They just don't get paid.

Probably the first ex-Pen that would want to come back is Sheary - at least off the top of my head. Though he does his best work against the Pens so who knows. Maybe MAF.

Not being paid for their value to me is mistreatment.

Why would Sheary come back? He's being used in the Caps top 9 and was 4th in goals with 14. The most he ever had with the Pens was 23 and 18 while being on Sid's wing, I always liked Shears as a depth winger and didn't want him to go in the first go around and felt the line/idea of Zucked-Sid-Sheary could work and allow the other two to be where they belong with Geno. In any case, then in Buffalo he put up 14 goals. I mean unless he's coming back with the knowledge that he will be with Sid yeah sure.

Also it's been a few times now ex pens have chosen the Caps and stayed there on long term deals after being rentals or as free agents.

Hagelin
Orpik
Niskanen
Sheary

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wanted Hagelin and Cole back. But the log jam on the left side D is an issue whereas I think we really could have used Hagelin over ZAR with Blue and Tanev.

Then again Cole can play RD and would have been great for POJ.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Since we're on a recycling wish list:
Sergei Zubov
Marcus Naslund

Seriously though, recycling players is often a nostalgic effort trying to bring back a glorious (almost legendary) past. That being said, I think that:

- Staal could help, but he won't be the savior. I'd rather get a top 6 Tkachuck (easier said than done) type of player.
- MAF for the right salary, mainly because he may be available, and there isn't any other solid G out there available.

Reactions: EightyOne

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
My actual answer is Fleury then Ian Cole. Feel like we could use both an upgrade at goalie and more physicality on d.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Forwards: Staal, Sutter, Neal, Bjugstad, Galchenyuk, Sheary, Wilson, Kessel, Hagelin, Bonino, Hörnqvist, Kühnhackl, etc.

Defensemen: Schultz, Määttä, Cole, Goligoski, etc.

Goalies: Fleury & Murray

Staal, Hagelin, Bonino, Hornqvist, Fluery, for the nostalgia factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad