Proposal: Which active player/players would you like to see back in Pittsburgh?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Forwards: Staal, Sutter, Neal, Bjugstad, Galchenyuk, Sheary, Wilson, Kessel, Hagelin, Bonino, Hörnqvist, Kühnhackl, etc.

Defensemen: Schultz, Määttä, Cole, Goligoski, etc.

Goalies: Fleury & Murray

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Winner: Staal quite easily, allowing Malkin to move to 1LW.

Other Guys that would be nice: Sheary (so we don't have to play against him), Bonino, Cole, Hornqvist, Sundqvist, Fleury

Players I never want to see here again: Kessel, Schultz, Maatta, Hagelin, Bjugstad, Galchenyuk, Murray

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Forwards: Staal, Sutter, Neal, Bjugstad, Galchenyuk, Sheary, Wilson, Kessel, Hagelin, Bonino, Hörnqvist, Kühnhackl, etc.

Defensemen: Schultz, Määttä, Cole, Goligoski, etc.

Goalies: Fleury & Murray

none lol…but I’m not a MAF fanboy, and I think he’s the only one we could actually use (at their current ages and abilities)

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
none lol…but I’m not a MAF fanboy, and I think he’s the only one we could actually use (at their current ages and abilities)

After the year Staal just had in the RS and Playoffs, seriously? You wouldn't want him?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If we had a capable coach, I’d take these guys back shirt-term.

Kessel
Staal
Cole
Horny
Maybe Sheary

Reactions: pi314

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is quality. I'd forgotten about Perron. He'd be a great add.

I still would take Staal but I'd have to have a think between the two.

I get the idea of wanting Staal, but he’s basically one conky away from a career ender. Also, I think Geno is going to surprise a lot of people next year. His big issue this year was conditioning. If he comes back from this injury he is probably going to be in the best condition of his life. Or his career is over.

I doubt Carter is what he was last year, but McCann can easily fill that 3C role with Carter on RW.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I get the idea of wanting Staal, but he’s basically one conky away from a career ender. Also, I think Geno is going to surprise a lot of people next year. His big issue this year was conditioning. If he comes back from this injury he is probably going to be in the best condition of his life. Or his career is over.

I doubt Carter is what he was last year, but McCann can easily fill that 3C role with Carter on RW.

Geno is going to be 35. At some point you can't keep reaching for the fountain of youth. He will not be in the best condition of his life. Only through artificial testosterone can an athlete be in his best condition at age 35.

Staal is 2 years younger.

I think Geno-Sid would be a really fun 1st line and I don't get the reticence to go to it. They look great out there together and can create space for each other. Geno can end his career as a dynamic playmaking wing (in fairness I always thought Geno's twilight years would be on Sid's wing; I think it's time to just...do that.) My only real concern is the regression of his shot.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Do not miss Cole and his awful amount of penalties.

The best former Penguins atm are Perron, Hornqvist and Staal. Would like all of them back.

I wouldn't mind Sunqvist, Pearson or Archibald back.

Don't miss Kessel at all. Guy was annoying to watch after 2018.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just want new ownership.

The only way we will ever see the changes this God forsaken :eek::eek::eek::eek: of a franchise with a country club loving legend owner of a team will ever see proper change is with an owner that isn't tied to some ridiculously stupid times where players dictated what happened.

New ownership.
New ownership.
New ownership.

Say it f***ing with me.
New
Ownership.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

The only way we will ever see the changes this God forsaken :eek::eek::eek::eek: of a franchise with a country club loving legend owner of a team will ever see proper change is with an owner that isn't tied to some ridiculously stupid times where players dictated what happened.

New ownership.
New ownership.
New ownership.

Say it f***ing with me.
New
Ownership.

On a website full of horrendous hot takes, yours stands alone above the rest as the worst.

Congrats?

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

New ownership.
New ownership.
New ownership.

Say it f***ing with me.
New
Ownership.

Just............wow......?!

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

New ownership.
New ownership.
New ownership.

Say it f***ing with me.
New
Ownership.

Posted at 3am. Never post at 3am.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm not a huge fan of recycled ideas.

I'm also never going to say a bad word about current ownership after the shit show that was Penguins ownership for pretty much our entire history prior to Mario...hell, throw in the Pirates' history too while we're at it. And arguably 2/3 of the Rooneys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad