NFL: Which 6 NFC Teams Make the Playoffs?

Which 6 NFC Teams Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think it's hard to bet against the Niners at this point. The only question is can they hold off the Seahawks/Rams for the division title since their second half schedule is pretty nasty. (2x against Seattle, the Packers, Ravens, Rams and Saints) I wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks swoop in and steal it from them. They do have two against Arizona and one against Atlanta so in theory they should be able to pick up enough wins to comfortably be a playoff team.

All the other picks seem easy enough. The Packers are the only consistent team in the North. The Cowboys are the only team in the East that seem rounded enough to win enough games, and the Saints play in a trash can division (tho while being damn good against the rest of the league)

Wild cards are Seattle because Wilson is going to drag that team to the playoffs again, and the Rams since they're the only one on that list that i have faith in.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That was a huge game for sure. Their schedule still gets more difficult from here as the Panthers were one of the worst "good teams" that they play, but dropping 50 on them is very convincing.
Seattle, for example, is 6-2 but only a +12 in pf/pa. Their qb is masking deficiencies that a team like the 49ers don't currently have.

I believe they'll end up 3rd behind the Rams and SF, but could still very well make the playoffs. It wouldn't shock me if all 3 West teams made it.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Seattle, for example, is 6-2 but only a +12 in pf/pa. Their qb is masking deficiencies that a team like the 49ers don't currently have.

I believe they'll end up 3rd behind the Rams and SF, but could still very well make the playoffs. It wouldn't shock me if all 3 West teams made it.
Agreed, The Niners look miles better than Seattle imo. Defensively it's not really close and Kyle Shanahan is a wizard.

Russel Wilson is just so f***ing good that it's still somehow close overall.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
After week 8, NO is going to take the South. Carolina is hard pressed to make the playoffs now at 4-4 and with head to head losses to LAR and SF. Still have Seattle on the schedule which if they lose, I can't see them getting in having lost so many tie breaking matchups.

Dallas and Philly. 4 wins each so far. Not looking like there will be 2 teams coming out of this division.

GB with a 1 game lead on Minnesota. Still a game in Minny later in the season which the Vikings need to win to have any chance at the division. 7-1 and 6-2.

SF still unbeaten at 7-0. Seattle at 6-2. Rams at 5-3. Have losses to SF and SEA. Need to win the rematches. Seattle, will need to at least split with SF. Key remaining non-divison games would be Minnesota and Carolina for head to head. Minnesota more than Carolina at this point.
SF, needs to split with Seattle. Tough games against GB/NO, which could determine the bye situation. Lose both games and the chances of getting a bye are slim.

At this point seems like it's a battle for the West and Minnesota for the WC spots.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I see 6 wins on the Eagles remaining schedule. That's giving them a win against Dallas at home, just because they're at home. Cowboys schedule looks marginally tougher, with Vikings/Pats/Bills/Rams and at Philly.

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
After week 8, NO is going to take the South. Carolina is hard pressed to make the playoffs now at 4-4 and with head to head losses to LAR and SF. Still have Seattle on the schedule which if they lose, I can't see them getting in having lost so many tie breaking matchups.

Dallas and Philly. 4 wins each so far. Not looking like there will be 2 teams coming out of this division.

GB with a 1 game lead on Minnesota. Still a game in Minny later in the season which the Vikings need to win to have any chance at the division. 7-1 and 6-2.

SF still unbeaten at 7-0. Seattle at 6-2. Rams at 5-3. Have losses to SF and SEA. Need to win the rematches. Seattle, will need to at least split with SF. Key remaining non-divison games would be Minnesota and Carolina for head to head. Minnesota more than Carolina at this point.
SF, needs to split with Seattle. Tough games against GB/NO, which could determine the bye situation. Lose both games and the chances of getting a bye are slim.

At this point seems like it's a battle for the West and Minnesota for the WC spots.
Panthers are 5-3 they haven't lost a 4th game yet but its still possible for them to steal the South if they beat the Saints 2x or grab a WC spot if they win most of their games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad