NFL: Which 6 NFC Teams Make the Playoffs?

Which 6 NFC Teams Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's shaping up to be extremely competitive. Teams not included in the poll:

East

Giants (2-5)
Redskins (1-6)

North

Lions (2-3-1)

South

Buccaneers (2-4)
Falcons (1-6)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'll go with the 6 teams currently holding a position.

Not a big believer in the 49ers. It will be tough to blow a 6-0 start, but wouldn't shock me if they did.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'll go with the 6 teams currently holding a position.

Not a big believer in the 49ers. It will be tough to blow a 6-0 start, but wouldn't shock me if they did.
I didn't put them in. It's seems kind of stupid but when I look at their schedule, the two teams below them (Rams have been drastically underperforming and I think they turn it around quickly), and then a team like the Vikings at 5-2, I don't think it's completely crazy to leave them out.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I just did that playoff predictor thing and came up with a scenario where the Vikings go 12-4 and miss the playoffs. Unlikely as it may be.

1. NO 14-2
2. SEA 12-4
3. GB 12-4
4. PHI 10-6
5. SF 12-4
6. LA 12-4

7. MIN 12-4

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I feel safe is ruiling the Lions out. Schedule is still favorable but they needed to beat Minnesota after getting jobbed in Green Bay. Now their starting RB is now on IR. Adios.

New Orleans
Green Bay
Seattle
San Francisco
Dallas

LA, Minnesota and Carolina will compete for the last Wild Card.

Feel that New Orleans and Green Bay will secure the first round bye. Dallas will be the 4th seed while Seattle, San Francisco and possibly LA will battle it out for the division. If LA gets in I have three teams from the NFC West in.

member 157595

Went Rams over Vikes. Zero faith in the Vikings to maintain any level of consistency.

Nonsense, the Vikings are consistent. When the going gets tough, Kirk Cousins will always find a way...to underwhelm.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I still don't believe in 49ers completely, but at 6-0 I have to put them in.

Right now, I'll say 3 teams for the West, with GB, NO and Dal winning the other divisions. I'm sure if you ask the question next week my answer would change though. It's going to be a wild race.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Right now, I'll say 3 teams for the West, with GB, NO and Dal winning the other divisions. I'm sure if you ask the question next week my answer would change though. It's going to be a wild race.
I don't see how the East is going to end up with 2 teams with the top 2 in the division having 3 & 4 losses already. South, the Panthers are still in it. But, they have to win against SF and SEA because of the tie breaker situation, as the West looks strong and they won't catch the Saints.
Packers are looking good. Vikings should remain competitive, but will have ups and downs due to Cousins. Bears, the D can only do so much if the Offense doesn't at least move the ball to give the D a rest.

Hard to envision the West/North having both wildcard teams. So, likely 2 from each division. Again, Carolina if they make it, need to win the head to head matchups against the West as they get Green Bay and Washington for their other conference matchups. So, this weekend against SF is huge.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I don't see how the East is going to end up with 2 teams with the top 2 in the division having 3 & 4 losses already. South, the Panthers are still in it. But, they have to win against SF and SEA because of the tie breaker situation, as the West looks strong and they won't catch the Saints.
Packers are looking good. Vikings should remain competitive, but will have ups and downs due to Cousins. Bears, the D can only do so much if the Offense doesn't at least move the ball to give the D a rest.

Hard to envision the West/North having both wildcard teams. So, likely 2 from each division. Again, Carolina if they make it, need to win the head to head matchups against the West as they get Green Bay and Washington for their other conference matchups. So, this weekend against SF is huge.

At the end of the day I still trust the Rams more than the Vikes.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

I've seen this now 3 times in this thread already. What is it that people don't believe? There isn't a front 7 better in football, and they have the best run offense when Juszczyk is healthy. As long as they don't turn the ball over they'll be in every game, regardless of the opponent.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I've seen this now 3 times in this thread already. What is it that people don't believe? There isn't a front 7 better in football, and they have the best run offense when Juszczyk is healthy. As long as they don't turn the ball over they'll be in every game, regardless of the opponent.

Yeah it's crazy to me that people think they're going to miss the playoffs at this point. Who's going to catch them in that division? Seattle is a poorly coached team with a below average roster being dragged kicking and screaming to lucky wins by a Hall of Fame QB. I don't think that can last for another 9 games. The Rams schedule might be soft enough to get them into the playoffs, but they're not getting to 12-4, and it's hard to see the 49ers finishing worse than that.

I'm also surprised to see this so one-sided in favour of the Cowboys over the Eagles. Remove the common opponents remaining and the schedule is hugely favourable to the Eagles. Philly still has their freebie against Miami, plus home games against the Giants and Seahawks. That should be 2-1, maybe 3-0. Dallas has a trip to Detroit, and home games against the Vikings and Rams. That could quite easily be 1-2 or even 0-3. In spite of last Sunday night, I don't think either of these two teams is really much better than the other one, and whoever wins the race to 8-8 probably gets in.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I can only answer for me, but it comes down to who've they've played. The record of the teams they've played is 11-28 with only 1 win (Rams) against a team with more than 2 wins. I'd pick them as a playoff team as a WC right now, personally, so it's not like I think they are garbage or anything. But if I had to rank teams in terms of who I think is the best in the NFC (regardless of record) I prefer NO, GB and Sea personally.

The schedule picks up now, with the next 7 all against .500 or better (2 vs Ariz who are .500) teams. I'd probably say they win 3 of those games as we sit currently, but I could very well be changing my tune in a few weeks and might be eating my words.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm also surprised to see this so one-sided in favour of the Cowboys over the Eagles. Remove the common opponents remaining and the schedule is hugely favourable to the Eagles. Philly still has their freebie against Miami, plus home games against the Giants and Seahawks. That should be 2-1, maybe 3-0. Dallas has a trip to Detroit, and home games against the Vikings and Rams. That could quite easily be 1-2 or even 0-3. In spite of last Sunday night, I don't think either of these two teams is really much better than the other one, and whoever wins the race to 8-8 probably gets in.

This is pretty simple. These teams just played and Dallas killed them and is a game up in the standings. I'm not saying Philly can't win the division, but it's pretty obvious why Dallas would be getting more votes or considered the favorites at this point and time.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
This is pretty simple. These teams just played and Dallas killed them and is a game up in the standings. I'm not saying Philly can't win the division, but it's pretty obvious why Dallas would be getting more votes or considered the favorites at this point and time.

Yeah, true enough. It's fair to call Dallas the favourite, though I think the Eagles nose them out in the end.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
1. Packers, 2. 49ers, 3. Saints, 4. Cowboys, 5. Seahawks, 6. Panthers

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's impossible to not look at the schedule they've played vs. their upcoming schedule and couple it together with their lack of pedigree coming in. Like the rest of their schedule is SO bad:

vs. Panthers
@ Cardinals
vs. Seahawks
vs. Cardinals
vs. Packers
@ Ravens
@ Saints
vs. Falcons
vs. Rams
@ Seahawks

The Falcons game is the only gimme on their entire schedule. Cards are on a roll but they've faced weak competition, they'd be the next worst team.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The 49ers are absolutely not a shoe in to the playoffs, especially with their upcoming schedule as was mentioned. That said, I think they’ll make it but go out early as an “upset”.

My last pick was between the Seahawks and Panthers, but the five I think definitely get in are:

Saints
Packers
Cowboys
49ers
Vikings

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point its pretty bleak for Bears

Packers/Vikes are running away with NFC North Crown and a WC spot and the Bears are behind several teams in race for final WC spot

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I think SF will continue to be a contender late into the season because of that defense and good running game. The question about them is Jimmy related, no doubt.
He's been fine and all but nobody has had a chance to see what he does in big games.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Outside of Rams they've played garbage teams.
Something they have 0 control over.

Look, they aren't gping 16-0, but their lineup and schemes are conducive to winning and staying in games. They'll lose 3-4 of their remaining 10 probably, but they aren't going to turn into a pumpkin. They've missed their 2 best olineman and the best fb in football and have adjusted and haven't missed a beat.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think that is reasonable statement

49ers have already built a nice cushion for whatever struggles they face in 2nd half and at this point are safe playoff bet

I don't see them as viable contender when going up against a team like Saints IMO but they could certainly make a run especially if they can get a 1st round bye

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad