Which 2003 Draft Picks Re-enter the 2005 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Both Carter and Richards from Philly would be high selections if the lockout went beyond May 05.

Who else is not signed. European league and college picks don't have a two year clause, but juniors do - who's potentially going back in?

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
operasen said:
Both Carter and Richards from Philly would be high selections if the lockout went beyond May 05.

Who else is not signed. European league and college picks don't have a two year clause, but juniors do - who's potentially going back in?

You are using old CBA language and trying to apply it to a new CBA in the future. No one says that that rule is going to be included in the next CBA. In fact, I am hard pressed to believe that the owners and GM's would keep that particular rule in the new CBA. I personally think that the new CBA will get rid of that "two year rule" for unsigned draft picks so I don't think teams will have to worry.

That said, there obviously is some fear on the part of some GM's because we just saw a lot of teams hustle to sign their #1 picks before the CBA expired.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Peter said:
You are using old CBA language and trying to apply it to a new CBA in the future. No one says that that rule is going to be included in the next CBA. In fact, I am hard pressed to believe that the owners and GM's would keep that particular rule in the new CBA. I personally think that the new CBA will get rid of that "two year rule" for unsigned draft picks so I don't think teams will have to worry.

That said, there obviously is some fear on the part of some GM's because we just saw a lot of teams hustle to sign their #1 picks before the CBA expired.

The players were drafted under the old CBA, so there is a very good chance that they will still be under those rules if the strike continued past next june. If not, a legal case would be a strong possability.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Nope, they only signed Eager, Umberger, and Ruggeri. Carter and Richards are unsigned.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Using the current CBA system of course, here's my predictions from the Penguins...

None

1 G Marc-Andre Fleury
32 C Ryan Stone
70 R Jonathan Filewich
73 L Daniel Carcillo
121 D Paul Bissonnette
161 Evgeny Isakov
169 D Lukas Bolf
199 G Andy Chiodo
229 C Stephen Dixon
232 Joe Jensen
263 F Matt Moulson

The only players that we have to worry about are Stone, Filewich, Carcillo, Dixon and Bissonnette. Fleury and Chiodo are already signed, Bolf & Isakov are Europeans, and Jensen and Moulson are collegiate players. I just can't see any of them not being signed.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota:
Patrick O'Sullivan
Georgi Misharin
Mathieu Melanson
Jean-Michel Bolduc
Adam Courchaine
Marcin Kolusz

Will most likely end up back in the draft or FAs because of Minnesota's incompetance to sign prospects when money is involved...

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
If it turns out the 2003 prospects will reenter the draft, there are so many 2003 top prospects that will re-enter that teams that lose a prospect may get a better one or of equal value when its their turn to draft.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
2003 first round:

unsigned CHL:{let me know if any of them have been signed}

Jeff Carter (11th Philadelphia), Brent Seabrook (14th Chicago), Steve Bernier (16th San Jose), Eric Fehr (18th Washington), Marc-Antoine Pouliot Edmonton (22nd Edmonton), Mike Richards (24th Philadelphia), Shawn Belle (30th St. Louis-traded to Dallas).

top 10 have all been signed.

5 NCAA's unsigned.

1 European unsigned.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
operasen said:

Carter and Richards arent going anywhere.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The Pucks said:
The players were drafted under the old CBA, so there is a very good chance that they will still be under those rules if the strike continued past next june. If not, a legal case would be a strong possability.

If that's the case then the NHL owners can agrue that all contracts lose one year on existing agreements. If there is no hockey past May/05, that means there is no hockey draft, so how can those players go back into the draft.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Peter said:

I think because they were originally drafted under the old CBA, they can re-enter. The same with any player contracts signed under the old CBA. The old terms still apply as long as the contract runs.

Rather Gingerly 1*

montreal said:
If there's no season, there's no draft to reenter.

There has to be a draft unless the lockout stretches into multiply seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad