GDT: Where's the GDT? Oilers and Kracan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeSly

Jan 29, 2010
Wayne Gretzky Drive
If you could turn it into something better, wouldn't you?

The other way to look at it is: This team is not a Cup contender this year. It's painfully obvious.

But how would we do that with Barrie? Other teams might trade a decent forward for him, but I doubt they're giving up their more solid D-men at this time of year. And that's what we need, not more forwards, especially with Kane coming back.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
I still dont like it, the way Makar is never offside. I know the differentiating logic here is that Hyman didnt touch it a second time in the zone, but I would question why the hell that would demonstrate control of the puck anymore than tipping it into an exact spot of open ice in the zone to await a teammate. I mean, all of this shit should be offside by rights, but when you start allowing whack ass offside plays like the NHL has its hard to imagine how or why they decided to draw a line in the sand where it is now instead of yknow... where the blue line is.
The rule is possession and control prior to players skates crossing, no mention of continued possession or control.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
unimpressed-whatever.gif

My feelings for this team. Especially the GM for doing f*** all about it.

Reactions: Oilhawks

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Why do Oilers never fall down when they touch other players at their blueline on the PK?

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
But how would we do that with Barrie? Other teams might trade a decent forward for him, but I doubt they're giving up their more solid D-men at this time of year. And that's what we need, not more forwards, especially with Kane coming back.
I don't know, but the way things are going this year we'll be sellers at the trade deadline.

• Wow
Reactions: TypeSly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad