Where would Valimaki go in a re-draft?

Where would Valimaki go in a redraft?

• Total voters

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Since he's made the NHL after his D+1 season (which is a little bit surprising), where do you see Valimaki going in a re-draft today? Personally, I could see anywhere from the 8-15 range, but I want to get a read of other people before I vote myself :laugh:

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Just because you make the Nhl early doesn't make you a better player. By that logic Nolan Patrick is better than Pettersson for example. So for now he should still go 16-20 because while they haven't played yet the guys in front of him can still easily become better players in the long run.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Reminder of the top 16 of that draft:

Nico Hischier
Nolan Patrick
Miro Heiskanen
Cale Makar
Elias Pettersson
Cody Glass
Lias Andersson
Casey Mittelstadt
Michael Rasmussen
Owen Tippett
Gabriel Vilardi
Martin Necas
Nick Suzuki
Cal Foote
Erik Brannstrom
Juuso Valimaki

I would say top 10.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Way too early for this, but I'd say 11-15 if I had to give an answer.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Just because you make the Nhl early doesn't make you a better player. By that logic Nolan Patrick is better than Pettersson for example. So for now he should still go 16-20 because while they haven't played yet the guys in front of him can still easily become better players in the long run.

Yes but if you make it early AND play well, you can certainly pass some people. Not all the people in front of him will make it.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don't think he's done enough to warrant a top 10 pick. Theres still a lot of guys not in the NHL id take over him.

Also Yamamoto is playing in the top 6, I guess he's would go 5th OA in a redraft.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I don't think he's done enough to warrant a top 10 pick. Theres still a lot of guys not in the NHL id take over him.

Also Yamamoto is playing in the top 6, I guess he's would go 5th OA in a redraft.
Because 1 goal while playing in the top 6 warrants going to top 5?
Valimaki is in the 11-15 rangr for me, but def on the rise

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013

For sure, but on top of making the NHL he's also looked really good doing it

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's kinda hard to say. I liked him a lot higher than where he actually went at the draft in the first place, and he's been trending pretty strongly upward since then. But then...it's still super early, and i think a lot of the teams that picked others ahead of him in the first place would probably still want to roll the dice on "their guy"...even though Valimaki cracked the NHL already. The value of his position being a potential tipping point, but i think a lot of the guys ahead of him still have teams holding out hope they'll stick as equally valuable Centers as well.

I'd say comfortably Top-10 if i were drafting, but i had him Top-10 in the first place...so i'm clearly not a great measuring stick for what a literal redo of the draft would look like either.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
It was quite obviously hyperbole
But such an odd one, Valimaki has been very solid defensively (other than the 1st game) and has started to show a little flare on the offensive side. While kailer is supposed to be an offensive winger and he only has 1 pt to his name

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Probably right around where he went I would say.

He has done well and passed a couple of guys that were drafted ahead of him, but there are of course also risers that were drafted behind him who I would suggest have passed him like Comtois and Aho.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Right about where he went. He passed some guys ahead of him but then there are guys behind him that probably get picked before. I voted 11-15.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He made the bottom pairing on a team know for it's defense more than anything. He's not exactly ripping it up either, but playing as a bottom pairing D with sheltered minutes doesn't mean anything when it comes to future projections, especially one year after the draft, and especially given the defensive position.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Probably right around where he went I would say.

He has done well and passed a couple of guys that were drafted ahead of him, but there are of course also risers that were drafted behind him who I would suggest have passed him like Comtois and Aho.
Wrong draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1