Prospect Info: Where They Will Play Season '20-'21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Zadarnowski earlier mentioned that we should keep an eye on Romanov being loaned to CSKA and Armia to Assat.

However, Doucet checked in on Romanov, specifically:

Reactions: Habs76

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I saw where Sweden is now going to allow teams to increase the fans per game from 50 to 300. With the way things are looking for the NCAA and CHL, wouldn't be surprised if we see more prospects loaned to Euro clubs as you don't want guys that haven't been playing since March or longer for the injured guys, to sit still Jan or Feb or worse.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
some hockey east talk from Maine's head coach,

College hockey programs in Maine hoping for a season during pandemic

Gendron is preparing his team for a season during the coronavirus pandemic that could begin in late November or, perhaps, not at all.

The Black Bears compete in Division I Hockey East, which has yet to announce a schedule for the season, although Gendron said he anticipates that coming in the next few weeks with a late November start.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
a letter from the president of the Chicago Steel,

October 23, 2020

Steel Fans:

The 2020-2021 season is finally upon us. This weekend, our team will take the ice for the first time for a pair of preseason games in Green Bay. Next weekend, we will play a home-and-home series with Muskegon leading up to the start of the regular season on November 6. ...

As our team prepares to take the ice, what remains uncertain is whether or not we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you to Fox Valley Ice Arena this season. Currently, State of Illinois guidelines prohibit us from having spectators at our home games. We have not been given a clear timeline as to when these restrictions may be lifted.

To that end, we have decided at this time to refund all purchases remaining from unplayed games during the 2019- 2020 season, and all deposits for the 2020-2021 season. This process will take place over the next 14 days and fans impacted may expect to receive a refund during this period.

This decision doesn’t mean that we won’t have spectators during the 2020-2021 season. While we are still hopeful for the opportunity to host fans this season, we don’t want our fans to feel as though they are being strung along, and we wouldn’t feel right at this point holding on to credits or deposits while we wait this out together. ...

Sincerely,
Dan Lehv
President Chicago Steel Hockey Team

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
we'll see since it's less then a month away and still no schedule, 2 of their 11 teams are shut down due to covid, and that number would be much higher if the Massachusetts rule about shutting down rinks applied to colleges. With numbers going in the wrong direction, it's certainly going to be interesting to see how they handle this.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i've heard some rumors that the Hockey East is looking at playing around 20 games which isn't far off from what the NCHC has said they will play though they are going to be in a bubble. From what i've heard, schools are going to send kids home for the US thanksgiving break in late Nov, and then they won't come back for the final 2 weeks or so of the semester and will just finish classes online.

I don't know how true these rumors are though but the thought is they could play more games as their wouldn't be any students on campus, which is why BU had to shut down this past week, not because any players got it but the case numbers on campus were spiking.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Although we already knew Big 10 had set a return to play date for November 13th, Granato confirms Wisconsin will play that day.

So USHL starts next Thursday on November 5th (Smith, Dobes, Pitlick & Farrell)

A week later, Big 10 starts on the 13th (Caufield & Gorniak)

A week after that, Hockey East is rumored to start on the 20th (Harris, Struble & Tuch)

And a week and a half after that (December 1st), NCHC is set to begin (Stapley & Biondi)

I really hope it all goes as planned so we can start watching these prospects again. It will feel a lot closer to normalcy. It will also help with passing the time waiting for the NHL and AHL to return. It's good to at least be able to follow prospects in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I feel so bad for all the kids who have worked so hard... They must be devastated.

Yea. I don't know how they can even make this work if Ontario government puts these restrictions.

But today, the OHL Board of Governors met and it sounds like they will most likely return in January rather than on December 1st as they had initially set out as a plan. The GM's will meet later this week and will discuss it more.

The WHL had also initially set a December 1st start date. But they have moved it to January 8th, right after the WJC.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm expecting the AHL to cancel the season at some point unless things improve a lot. Because that league depends a lot on having fans in the stands.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm expecting the AHL to cancel the season at some point unless things improve a lot. Because that league depends a lot on having fans in the stands.

That would be terribly bad for the devlopement of every team’s prospect!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The whole thing is crazy, Sweden is increasing their fans from 50 to 300 this weekend, the Q is playing, yet the OHL and WHL won't for months, the AHL is clearly in trouble if no fans which I don't see how they pull that off this season. The NCAA still don't have schedules outside of the 2nd weakest conference the WCHA where Henriksson plays at LSSU.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not that any or maybe barely anyone cares but the WCHA is now scheduled to start play on 11-21

i posted the schedule in the op of the sticked prospect thread which has all the updated schedules if anyone wants to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad