GDT: Where There’s a Cale There’s a Way - 7pm MT

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Manson had a very good game against a good team. Could it be that he needed some time to adjust to a very different system? Shocker, right?
And to think some people here wanted him to sit instead of figuring it out on the ice.
Who would we even sit him for lol. I was dissapointed with his play thus far but never once said we should sit him. Im just salty about losing Helleson and im taking it out on Manson.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Great win, obviously not pretty but with a lineup this depleted against a team like that, I’m not about to complain.

Manson was a beast tonight. Loved his game.

I have not-nice things to say about JTC but I’ll skip it for now.
I thought it was beautiful. A nice low event, tight defense, minimal mistake game without your 1C against the greatest team in hockey.

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
Hope Toews or Strum have not gotten any lingering injuries. Toews could have gotten a concussion and Strum could have gotten some shoulder/back injury.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Who would we even sit him for lol. I was dissapointed with his play thus far but never once said we should sit him. Im just salty about losing Helleson and im taking it out on Manson.
In reading about Helleson on the Ducks board, it seems like he may not even be playing in the NHL next year. Even though the Ducks defense is terrible and thin.

Helle's contract is sliding to next year but he has made his professional debut on a AHL tryout contract with the San Diego Gulls. They said he played fine, even PK, but he has a ways to go physically.

If Helleson cannot crack that Ducks roster next year, there is no way he would be helping the Avs in the next two seasons. I loved following him once he was drafted but I am glad Sakic used him as an asset at this point.

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
They said he played fine, even PK, but he has a ways to go physically.

If Helleson cannot crack that Ducks roster next year, there is no way he would be helping the Avs in the next two seasons. I loved following him once he was drafted but I am glad Sakic used him as an asset at this point.

Judging solely from that clip (which is unfair to Helleson), he would have been murdered on ice in the playoffs by whatever opponent we end up facing. Kid needs time (in years) and AHL simmering.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Lol.

Attachments

• 7C55E1B1-A3EB-497B-BF30-AAC12DE668D5.jpeg
    7C55E1B1-A3EB-497B-BF30-AAC12DE668D5.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 21

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This dude is laying it on thick. I see right through him. Hes obviously playing mind games. He knows how the Avs play when they get overconfident. This old poop Darryl Sutter.

Yeah he's trying to shift the attention away from his team so they feel like underdogs, and onto the best team so they get overconfident.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to create his own bulletin board material in case they meet in the playoffs too. "Nobody thinks you can win. Even me! Prove me wrong."

He's trying to create a team full of kids that just want to impress their dad.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Nothing new here that hasn't been discussed already. Avs lose the possession battle but they produce more scoring chances than the Flames.

Compher got killed out there, no surprise, all the top guys had better shot shares. Avs got their asses handed to them in the faceoff dot, with only Sturm having a positive win count.

Someone posted a chart of Avs defensive pairs and their relative performances, and it's quite surprising that MacDermid-EJ has performed really well with limited minutes.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah he's trying to shift the attention away from his team so they feel like underdogs, and onto the best team so they get overconfident.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to create his own bulletin board material in case they meet in the playoffs too. "Nobody thinks you can win. Even me! Prove me wrong."

He's trying to create a team full of kids that just want to impress their dad.
I actually admire the effort from him. Everyone is saying how great the Flames are and hes trying to deflect attention away from his team and make them the underdogs while putting added pressure on the Avs for no damn reason haha.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Nothing new here that hasn't been discussed already. Avs lose the possession battle but they produce more scoring chances than the Flames.

Compher got killed out there, no surprise, all the top guys had better shot shares. Avs got their asses handed to them in the faceoff dot, with only Sturm having a positive win count.

Someone posted a chart of Avs defensive pairs and their relative performances, and it's quite surprising that MacDermid-EJ has performed really well with limited minutes.
If you told me MacDermid didnt dress last night I would believe you. I literally didnt notice him one time last night and thats amazing. Compher was noticeable but moreso in a bad way. Lazy, stupid and weak. Ill also add NAK to that list. Guy has no idea what to do when he has the puck along the boards so he just turns it over.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If you told me MacDermid didnt dress last night I would believe you. I literally didnt notice him one time last night and thats amazing. Compher was noticeable but moreso in a bad way. Lazy, stupid and weak. Ill also add NAK to that list. Guy has no idea what to do when he has the puck along the boards so he just turns it over.
He laid down some pretty big hits and didn't treat the puck like a grenade, so I was largely happy with his play last night. There was one moment I got annoyed, I think he was bodying up Dube in open ice, he did a good job of taking the man, but Dube fought through the check and went for the puck, MacDermid reached for it and could've knocked it away but whiffed, and Dube ended up carrying it in. So...whatever, he was mostly fine last night. Can't complain too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad