OT: Where should I work on January 13th?

Where should I work on January 13th?

• Gillette Stadium - Foxborough

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Centre Bell - Poutineville

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Normally I agree.

Here is my thinking. Montreal is always one of my favorite trips and in theory the Pats should advance to the AFC game. The following week Foxborough wins over Montreal.

I went to college in Burlington, Vt, so I've been up to Montreal more times than I can count. Really love that city.

Shame they have such a stupid hockey team :sarcasm:

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Getting stranded in Montreal is never a bad thing :)

I love Montreal and have had way too much fun every time I've been there, but the playoffs are the playoffs. Hard to pass that up for a regular season game, especially since the Scabs stink on ice this year, and Claude's brand of hockey is an all natural solution for insomnia...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You couldn't pay me to go to a football game.

I've been to a ton of football games, and have always had a great time. Lots of fun and a much different scene than going to any other sporting event. The tailgate portion of the day alone is well worth the price of the ticket.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'd go with Claude's first game against the B's. And besides, there's likely to be a great pre-game ceremony honoring something very important to hockey history you'd hate to miss.

Yay! Let's once again trot out every white haired old fossil who ever wore a toilet seat logo to celebrate the anniversary of the first time Guy Lafleur blew smoke rings at the old Forum!

Ole! Ole! Ole! O-Let-Me-Out-Of-Here! :doh:

Reactions: Aeroforce

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I'm actually giving up my Pats tickets this weekend to drive to Poutineville. Never been to a game there, and it's a bucket list item (I've done Sox @ Yankees and Patriots @ Denver). I've seen the Pats blow out a scrub team in the divisional round more than a few times, so while it breaks a consecutive home playoff game streak for me at 20+ games, I have no hesitation, whatsoever. We'll be able to catch the second half on TV after the Bruins victory and, assuming a Patriot victory, I'll be back at Gillette the following Sunday. Don't know how many Pats playoff games you've done, but I don't think this will be one of the greats, where years down the road folks are still talking about it, either.

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I'll say spending half my life in coastal states like Massachusetts and California to all a sudden move to Nevada was sort of a culture shock. Well a small one.

Las Vegas would be my favorite city in the world if it was by an ocean. But Boston will forever hold that title it seems. Followed by Seattle and Oakland.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've been to a ton of football games, and have always had a great time. Lots of fun and a much different scene than going to any other sporting event. The tailgate portion of the day alone is well worth the price of the ticket.
I don't care for the sport.

I will not go to any more "outdoor" hockey games at a football stadium. TOO many people.

Reactions: LSCII

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm actually giving up my Pats tickets this weekend to drive to Poutineville. Never been to a game there, and it's a bucket list item (I've done Sox @ Yankees and Patriots @ Denver). I've seen the Pats blow out a scrub team in the divisional round more than a few times, so while it breaks a consecutive home playoff game streak for me at 20+ games, I have no hesitation, whatsoever. We'll be able to catch the second half on TV after the Bruins victory and, assuming a Patriot victory, I'll be back at Gillette the following Sunday. Don't know how many Pats playoff games you've done, but I don't think this will be one of the greats, where years down the road folks are still talking about it, either.
You will have to let us know how it was at a game there.
Going to a game at Montreal is also on my list.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08SeaBass08

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
go to montreal this weekend and foxboro the weekend after. I'm confident about another chance at foxboro. If this Titans game is a memorable one in the Pats dynasty it will be for all the wrong reasons.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Fenway I'm surprised you have to work at all with all your money.

My wife, son and myself had to follow an army convoy into Montreal during the '98 ice storm and were stranded there for 4 days. It was a fantastic 4 days. 20 years ago now.

Looking back on the 1998 ice storm 20 years later

A good friend of mine in Chateaugay did not have power for 16 days. She said the only time she laughed during that period is when she heard that the Quebec government demanded help from FEMA :laugh: It was astounding how badly Hydro-Quebec was prepared for that. They didn't lose a few towers along the grid - they lost ALL OF THEM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad