OT: Where should I work on January 13th?

Where should I work on January 13th?

• Gillette Stadium - Foxborough

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Centre Bell - Poutineville

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
have to make a decision by tomorrow on where I will be working on Saturday night.

Do I want to work in a potential ice storm in Foxborough or do I want to be inside a hockey rink with the thoughts of smoked meat dancing in my head?

The next weekend promises the same question assuming the Patriots beat the Titans.

Where should I go????? Please vote.

upload_2018-1-8_13-18-41.png

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd go to Hab-land but it's easy for me as I don't really care for football. (Except on Super Bowl Sunday for the beer and food).

Reactions: BruinsFan1990

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I'd go with Montreal Fenway. You've paid more than enough dues to the ice gods so far this winter. :snow:

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I always stay local over traveling during winter months just because you can easily get stranded somewhere due to bad weather...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Montreal or Foxboro really shouldn't be a choice. Montreal every time.

Reactions: BMC

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
have to make a decision by tomorrow on where I will be working on Saturday night.

Do I want to work in a potential ice storm in Foxborough or do I want to be inside a hockey rink with the thoughts of smoked meat dancing in my head?

The next weekend promises the same question assuming the Patriots beat the Titans.

Where should I go????? Please vote.

View attachment 91901
Whenever you can go to Hab land and have the Bruins potentially beat-up on the habs....you do it!;)

Reactions: BMC and TCB

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Being as objective as I can be:

Patriots:

There are 8 regular season football games at home in a year. There are, at most, two playoff games at home (assuming the NFL doesn't go plumb loco and schedule the Super Bowl in Foxboro), and even getting both of those two games at home is extraordinarily rare.

The Patriots are nearing the end of the Brady Era. While my thoughts on the Patriots aren't exactly "Bruins board friendly", I can respect that this is a unique time in the Patriots history. I don't think anyone alive right now has seen or is going to see anything that matches it in New England Patriots football in their lifetime.

Bruins:

There are 41 regular season home games, and up to 16 playoff home games, including the actual SCF. We get 4 games against Montreal every year. But the only thing that will make next Saturday more interesting than an average game is that A) I'll be HUNGRY for hockey after a week off, and B) It's Habs-Bruins. The Habs are at their nadir, and that will be a joy to watch, but it's not going to feel like a game that counts. Are the Habs really going to make the playoffs? No. Are the Bruins going to make the playoffs and play the Leafs, either as the second or third seed? Yes. The suspense just isn't there.

Plus, going to the Bell Centre means yo have to hear that organist play "shave and a hair cut" right before every damn faceoff. Is there a 25th Amendment analogue in Canada?

So, yeah. I'm not a football fan in the least. I love hockey. But I'd be packing my stuff and heading to Foxboro.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
How many more years is there going to be a Patriots dynasty to cover? How many more opportunities are you going to get to cover a regular season game between the Bruins and Habs?

Easy for me to say as I don't have the weather conditions to contend with, but I'd choose the former.
I like this line of thinking.

But If your anticipating a Patriot game next week. Hab land this weekend patriots next weekend.

Edit: The more I think about it,that is a tough decision. Watch the Bruins bury the Habs even more into submission or watch a dynasty in what maybe their last Hurrah.:dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Bruins are solidly in a playoff spot and Habs are solidly out so while Bruins/Habs games are always an event in the grand scheme the game is relatively meaningless. Patriots playoff game trumps a 1 out of 82 NHL game. But I will be inside sitting on my couch not in the elements like you will be.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Unless it was a SB or even the AFC Championship, I'd always pick the indoor gig.

But that's just me.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
How many more years is there going to be a Patriots dynasty to cover? How many more opportunities are you going to get to cover a regular season game between the Bruins and Habs?

Easy for me to say as I don't have the weather conditions to contend with, but I'd choose the former.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
ice storm vs. smoked meat

I think you have already made your decision :sarcasm:

It's supposed to snow/mix in Montreal as well on Saturday so the weather won't be much different. Are you planning on driving to Montreal and back? I've been on plenty 5-6hr drives to Montreal and back. The worst was when it was snowing non-stop from Montreal through Vermont and New Hampshire. A 5-6 hour trip turned out to be a 7-8 hour trip going 30-50mph in traffic and road service because of road conditions. I don't think there's supposed to be a lot of snowfall/ice which shouldn't make the drive as horrendous as I experienced but just my $0.02. Driving to and from Foxborough shouldn't be as bad.

If you're not worried about your commute to each game, like Mr. Make-Believe and others have mentioned, how much importance do you put on the Patriots game vs. the Bruins game? Postseason vs. Regular season? How many more seasons do the Patriots have left in them vs. the Bruins?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
ice storm vs. smoked meat

I think you have already made your decision :sarcasm:

It's supposed to snow/mix in Montreal as well on Saturday so the weather won't be much different. Are you planning on driving to Montreal and back? I've been on plenty 5-6hr drives to Montreal and back. The worst was when it was snowing non-stop from Montreal through Vermont and New Hampshire. A 5-6 hour trip turned out to be a 7-8 hour trip going 30-50mph in traffic and road service because of road conditions. I don't think there's supposed to be a lot of snowfall/ice which shouldn't make the drive as horrendous as I experienced but just my $0.02. Driving to and from Foxborough shouldn't be as bad.

If you're not worried about your commute to each game, like Mr. Make-Believe and others have mentioned, how much importance do you put on the Patriots game vs. the Bruins game? Postseason vs. Regular season? How many more seasons do the Patriots have left in them vs. the Bruins?

Made the drive more times that I can count.

This year for the first time in 20 years flights to Montreal are now doable as Westjet is now flying the route ending Air Canada's monopoly.

Reactions: Absurdity

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'd go with Claude's first game against the B's. And besides, there's likely to be a great pre-game ceremony honoring something very important to hockey history you'd hate to miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad