Where O Where Is Our Next Franchise Defenceman?

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
We never had one.

None of our prospects are even close to be projected as elite blueliners. We are probably not getting one for the foreseeable future.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It be nice if Mcnally can develop into a Christian Ehrhoff type of player. That be golden.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Jordan Subban. Watch him surprise many. If not someone in this draft hopefully.

Anyways Subban can skate and has an NHL shot. He is having a hell of a season as well in junior. Give him some AHL time and he will be ready.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
He's in Nashville because the Flyers decided to offer him a giant ass contract instead of a 1 or 2 year deal that would've taken him to Free agency and would've put Nashville in a bind.

Hamhuis Weber
Edler Tanev

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I have really got my fingers crossed for Subban and Hutton! Mcnally seems to be having a really nice season as well (and he will be pro next year).

Decent prospects...but Norris trophy candidates?....I think not:shakehead

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Let's see if Eddy can keep his play up this year and reach an even higher level of play.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Rarely does a player get the label of franchise defenseman in junior. Most of the top d man in the league were getting lots of recognition when they were in junior. Subban is not.

What level of recognition in junior would be the cutoff that stops someone becoming a franchise D man?

It all seems a bit arbitrary to state someone WILL NOT be a franchise D man if pretty much no one can predict someone WILL be a franchise D man at the same age...

To get one of these guys you need an overachiever... for that to happen they need to do better then you thought...

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
My only fear is if Roland Mckeown turns out to be a stud and turns into another Doughty
As he's who LA took with the pick they got for Vey
And I really wanted RM :(

thething

Jul 28, 2014
My only fear is if Roland Mckeown turns out to be a stud and turns into another Doughty
As he's who LA took with the pick they got for Vey
And I really wanted RM :(

Yeah... Mckeown can't even dream of being like Doughty and he certainly doesn't have the potential to be like him. Vey is likely to have more of an impactful nhl career than him.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
What was the rumored deal again?

Tanev + Virtanen + Shinkaruk?

If so glad Florida didn't accept. Tanev is #3, soon to be #2.

Tanev, Shinkaruk and a 1st? Or was Hansen involved?

I don't believe both Virtanen and Shinkaruk were offered

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Tanev, Shinkaruk and a 1st? Or was Hansen involved?

I don't believe both Virtanen and Shinkaruk were offered

Uhm
We didn't have Virtanen yet
As he was a first
I believe it was shinkaruk + both 1sts though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad