Speculation: Where is Matthew Tkachuk?

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Bennett originally looked like he'd be a better than ppg player on the panthers but that was just him having the opposite of a slump. Hes playing the same way he was then, just not getting as lucky. Tkachuk was playing much better last year. Its not just shots not going in. Hes doing hardly any of the things he did last year. Whats bizarre is you seeing the ghostly shell of a stud player and not understanding why hes not producing.
I can tell by a mile that Bennett is not playing at 100%, Bennett was knocking people off, highly aggressive and always in position to score, he is under performing this year, I believe he is not fully healed, and his numbers will improve. We have enough data to know, this is not the Bennet we know.
Katchuck is in the same place where Bennett is, he not fully healed, he is not as aggressive and pesky as last year, annoying goalies and starting brawls for no reason, he also avoiding situations where he can be injured, like around the net.
Katchuck is a committed competitor and he will find his way back.
We can say the same of Montour, Ekblad looks more ready than him.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Aside from Reinhart and Barkov, isnt everyone else producing below than they did last year?

Maybe it's not the players and the actual style of play. Tkachuk is having a down production year, but he actually looks better in the D Zone. If you expected a PPG or around 60 points Bennett then you are probably the same person that expected ERod to score a lot of goals lol. Bennett is known for his two way play and physical presence, he still does both.

Just ask Domi

Reactions: Laus723

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Aside from Reinhart and Barkov, isnt everyone else producing below than they did last year?

Maybe it's not the players and the actual style of play. Tkachuk is having a down production year, but he actually looks better in the D Zone. If you expected a PPG or around 60 points Bennett then you are probably the same person that expected ERod to score a lot of goals lol. Bennett is known for his two way play and physical presence, he still does both.

Just ask Domi
Bennetts actually not all that great defensively. Hes obviously better offensively than what hes shown this year but hes a fast ~50 point guy that makes defensive mistakes due to below avg. hockey IQ and some good defensive plays due to speed/toughness.

I can tell by a mile that Bennett is not playing at 100%, Bennett was knocking people off, highly aggressive and always in position to score, he is under performing this year, I believe he is not fully healed, and his numbers will improve. We have enough data to know, this is not the Bennet we know.
Katchuck is in the same place where Bennett is, he not fully healed, he is not as aggressive and pesky as last year, annoying goalies and starting brawls for no reason, he also avoiding situations where he can be injured, like around the net.
Katchuck is a committed competitor and he will find his way back.
We can say the same of Montour, Ekblad looks more ready than him.
Yea thats what im saying. Tkachuks clearly injured. Hes not having an unlucky shooting % or a slump. Thats nonsense. Hes playing terribly because hes hurt. And its concerning that hes this hurt, this long.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He took the Jimmy Buckets comparisons to heart. He’s clearly coasting through the regular season—will skyrocket to MJ levels of dominance come playoffs.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Just ask Domi

Tkachuk looks like he’s a different player this year and it has nothing to do with the system.

He’s clearly not at 100%. There’s no other explanations.

Since the team is winning, I’m not so worried yet. But we’ll need him in the playoffs.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think it's obvious Tkachuk is injured. He did some thing with his brother a while back where they were fighting for a faceoff, and the first thing Brady asks him is if his sternum is OK for this.

Guy ain't 100%.
I agree, he’s probably been told that he can play but has to not endanger the sternum area until… January? March? Who knows.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I just dont understand the 'still injured' excuse. Does he have limited mobility? Or what? Hes still playing and being rough out there, getting into scraps..

He got all of his goals by deflections or banging home a clean up goal. Nothing that id think limited motion would affect, he scored the ot winner in the finals JUST AFTER being injured. And that was a vintage tkachuk goal...but nothing of the sort so far. Its either he doesnt really care as much because its the regular season or something else mentally.

Whatever it is he's been disappointing. Hope its just temporary

• Haha

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
He’s probably trying to protect it as much as possible. I mean he still mucks it up sometimes but way less than he did last season. And he’s not taking a beating in front of the net like last season either.

But we’re winning kinda without him so that’s good.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I think it's obvious Tkachuk is injured. He did some thing with his brother a while back where they were fighting for a faceoff, and the first thing Brady asks him is if his sternum is OK for this.

Guy ain't 100%.
He os definitely hurt, but he is still making those passes ready to be scored on, his IQ is off the chart, but jebos mot the same guy from last year.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
He’s probably trying to protect it as much as possible. I mean he still mucks it up sometimes but way less than he did last season. And he’s not taking a beating in front of the net like last season either.

But we’re winning kinda without him so that’s good.
He does not go on front of the net because he does not want to be hit with a stick on his back, he knows he can't go into his office yet. He may not be ready this year for that, there is no rest to be had.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
According to MoneyPuck, he's the unluckiest player right now this season...Goals above shooting talent is sitting at -7.2. I'm not worried about him. At this point last season, he probably had way more points and we had less wins. The focus should be on the standings.

Also, Lundell is pretty high on the list too at -4.5

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
According to MoneyPuck, he's the unluckiest player right now this season...Goals above shooting talent is sitting at -7.2. I'm not worried about him. At this point last season, he probably had way more points and we had less wins. The focus should be on the standings.

Also, Lundell is pretty high on the list too at -4.5
Its not luck. They havent been playing. Theyre basically not even on the ice. Theyre ghosts. And when they do shoot, they arent good shots. Its not like when you watch tkachuk and lundell, that you think, man they should have 15 goals by now. They have exactly what they should have based on their level of play. I dont care about lundell much, but Tkachuk isnt healing and its definitely worrying as our future is pretty much tied to him and barkov. Lundell doesnt have an excuse. Hes just not an nhl player offensively. And i dont see him on a checking line. So who knows what we do with him but tkachuk is extremely worrying.

• Haha

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Burn your jersey @Idiot Stick to free him from the curse
he sucked when i got it so only thing left to do is double down and get another one
1682903865922.gif

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Guy behind us at the Edmonton game claimed to be related to someone on the team (didn’t catch who). Said that Chucky still dealing with his injury.

Grain of salt but if he *is* related to someone probably good insider info.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
His shooting percentage is way down from previous years. No worried at all. Even if he has a down year, we’re sitting in a playoff spot and have a top defense. Rather he struggle now and get rolling in May and June.

Same story. Injured ghost.
So we should trade him? He’ll never come back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad