Speculation: Where is Matthew Tkachuk?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
IMG_0337.jpeg

1 goal in 9 games and does not look like himself? What’s going on?

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He’ll be what he do when Benny get back. The shots is there. The man’s might be adjusting to scar tissue wiggling around in his chest or build back confidence in his body. Heck, maybe it do still hurt. They is no reason to think he won’t get better. My bad for brevity, typing from phone, must spitfire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Idiot Stick

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
There's no way he's healthy. I watched a lot of the Flames 2 years ago when they had that insane line with Gaudreau and Tkachuk, and obviously I watched every Panthers game last year. He looks like he's at maybe 80%.

Like, the production isn't there, but he's creating a ton of scoring chances. The entire team except for Reinhart is having a problem finishing this season. We'll see what happens.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Wasn't sure where to post this but I wanted to share this highlight video of Tkachuk in the first 3 rounds of last year's run.

There are a lot of plays included that ultimately didn't result in goals. I think y'all will like it

And since I don't want this to be completely unrelated to the topic... Tkachuk is nowhere near as engaged physically as he usually is. Granted this was playoffs, but I think the point still stands.

Ultimately, I'm not too worried about Tkachuk, as even a snakebitten version of him is hovering around a PPG atm.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Notably Kulikov still has 0 posts. Then again, to be honest, he hasn’t been even close to a post.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I'm not concerned since he's clearly not at 100%.

On the other hand, I'm a little bit concerned about how long will it take for him to be 100% if he keeps playing.

I know we already have many injuries. But wouldn't be better to have him misses a 12-15 games and have him at 100% for the rest of the season instead of having him at 80% for 82 games?

He still has 10 points in 11 games though. It tells a lot about how good he is.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm not concerned since he's clearly not at 100%.

On the other hand, I'm a little bit concerned about how long will it take for him to be 100% if he keeps playing.

I know we already have many injuries. But wouldn't be better to have him misses a 12-15 games and have him at 100% for the rest of the season instead of having him at 80% for 82 games?

He still has 10 points in 11 games though. It tells a lot about how good he is.

Some injuries just need time more than bed rest / rehab to heal properly. As long as he doesn't aggravate things, it should be fine.

Reactions: sinDer

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Just like with everyone else, I’m not going to judge anyone too harshly on offense until our D is healthy. Having Bennett will obviously be a big boost for them too. Should play Verhaeghe and tkachuk with Barkov in the meantime

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
The other thread got closed but Benny is moving around pretty good via Max Ivanov’s IG story.

It would be great to see all three at next Friday’s Ducks game. Haha

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Just like with everyone else, I’m not going to judge anyone too harshly on offense until our D is healthy. Having Bennett will obviously be a big boost for them too. Should play Verhaeghe and tkachuk with Barkov in the meantime
Idk, not sure I wanna break up that first line. The Barkov - Reinhart - Rodriguez line is our most consistent offensive threat and overall best line most games.

I know we wanna get Verhaeghe and Tkachuk going, but if we put them with Barkov that 2nd line will be even more unbalanced. Rodriguez - - Reinhart with Lundell or Luo.... I mean, pairing our hottest goalscorer with 2 offensive duds is a good way to kill his hotstreak.

Besides, Tkachuk is starting to pick it up offensively and physically.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Idk, not sure I wanna break up that first line. The Barkov - Reinhart - Rodriguez line is our most consistent offensive threat and overall best line most games.

I know we wanna get Verhaeghe and Tkachuk going, but if we put them with Barkov that 2nd line will be even more unbalanced. Rodriguez - - Reinhart with Lundell or Luo.... I mean, pairing our hottest goalscorer with 2 offensive duds is a good way to kill his hotstreak.

Besides, Tkachuk is starting to pick it up offensively and physically.
Yeah thankfully the Rodrigues-Barkov-Reinhart has been fantastic so far, so I don’t mind not breaking them up. I just figured Verhaeghe-Barkov-Tkachuk would make a hell of a line until bennett is back and obviously luostarinen-Lundell-Reinhart have had continuity for the past couple years.

Either way, they’re getting it done as a team right now. 7-2-1 in our past 10 games and top-10 in the league in points per game percentage. And despite only 2 goals, tkachuk still has 11pt in 12 games and probably not even 100% right now, which is incredible all things considered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad