Where is Lieweke in all of this?

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fraud of all frauds.

Gtfo and don't let the door hit you blah, blah.

FAILURE and QUITTER is your legacy round these parts.

He had one goal: ensure that the Raptors and FC do better than the Leafs. He's definitely succeeded in his goal.

Sure, TFC hasn't panned out perfectly, but he made sure that the Leafs would be the undisputed world's worst sports team for a very long time.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Where is Leiweke in all of this?

Picking his nose in his office, daydreaming about 70 degree fahrenheit sunny weather!

Loser is what loser does! Quitter!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Fire Burke because he was too out spoken, Then hire Leiweke.

Well done board(Bell and Rogers).

It is hard for me to fanthom Leafs being successful with Bell and Rogers running this team.

The best chance this team has is to have one owner, keep the hands off approach. Hire the most qualified CEO to run this ship.

Leafs were probably the best under Stavro. I miss those days.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
It is hard for me to fanthom Leafs being successful with Bell and Rogers running this team.

The best chance this team has is to have one owner, keep the hands off approach. Hire the most qualified CEO to run this ship.

Leafs were probably the best under Stavro. I miss those days.

Not necessarily.

He was using the Leafs as a primary source to keep his fledgling Knob Hill Farms afloat. Also....Wayne Gretzky.

The best would be owner would of been Anne Murray as she was apparently try to buy the Leafs from Ballard during the mid to late 80's, but alas...he rejected it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not necessarily.

He was using the Leafs as a primary source to keep his fledgling Knob Hill Farms afloat. Also....Wayne Gretzky.

The best would be owner would of been Anne Murray as she was apparently try to buy the Leafs from Ballard during the mid to late 80's, but alas...he rejected it.

Can Robert Kraft buy the Leafs?

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Can Robert Kraft buy the Leafs?

I don't know. But if David Thomson would of waited just a little bit longer instead of buying the Jets, he probably would of made a legitimate offer to the OTPP and we might of had a hardcore Leaf fan running the entire MLSE conglomerate instead of the present faceless powers that be group.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
"Hi Toronto, where do I find cobbler for my $2000 boots?"

- Bernedette Leiweke and her first question to Torontonians on the Toronto Star's Q & A page.

If I had $2,000.00 boots I'd want to know the name of a good cobbler too.

Props to the woman for using the correct naming convention too.

Torontonians aren't exactly salt-of-the-earth types, so begrudging her for that type of comment is a great example of the pot calling the kettle black.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised judging by Tim and Burkes board relations that Burke didn't say to them ---you'll never fix this ****ing team because you're to ****ing stupid.

I could just see Tim doing the same. Ferguson said the board likes to get their fingers in it and Cherry made some ho hum ho hum comments about I believe the Leafs senior staff.

Leafs need 1 owner determined to win or a president and GM to carve his team without any static in the room.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Sitting back saying "I told ya so" - I firmly believe he wanted to trade Kessel and Phaneuf and wasn't allowed to.

I doubt the fraud label - one day the truth will come out and we will likely not hate Tim but MLSE for not allowing the proper moves to be made.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Sitting back saying "I told ya so" - I firmly believe he wanted to trade Kessel and Phaneuf and wasn't allowed to.

I doubt the fraud label - one day the truth will come out and we will likely not hate Tim but MLSE for not allowing the proper moves to be made.

Yea, I believe so as well. He came out and said that there are talented players with character issues. Though he wasn't mentioning our team, I believe that was what he insinuated. He back-tracked later though. This team should have been gutted in the 2014 aftermath of the collapse. Lieweke has been successful up until this point and I believe he is handcuffed by the higher-ups.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
MLSE is paying a lot of money to a lot of people who they don't currently employ and to a few who are employed, but don't do much currently.

Pocket Hercules

Jun 19, 2008
York Region
If I had $2,000.00 boots I'd want to know the name of a good cobbler too.

Props to the woman for using the correct naming convention too.

Torontonians aren't exactly salt-of-the-earth types, so begrudging her for that type of comment is a great example of the pot calling the kettle black.

So out of all of the questions she had for the people of Toronto, the first one she asks is the name of a good cobbler in town?

Lol, keep telling yourself that. She could have easily found this info out by schmoozing along side her husband at an MLSE event or even on the internet. Instead, she chooses a forum that gives people a sense of the kind of person she is and come across as a pretentious snob by asking such a silly question.

Perception is truth.

Also, like how you say Torontonians are not salt-of-the-earth people in general but forget to mention that the primary reason he's leaving is because she feels that "It's too cold up here!!!!" which makes her much more grounded in reality than the rest of us, right?...:shakehead

It's FRIGGIN Canada for crying out loud woman, is she so ****ing daft and out of touch to not consider any of this before her husband accepted the position?

And she's from Denver as well where it snow alot...which makes her even more of a hypocrite. Good riddance.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Better yet where is Nonis and Shanahan?. Loss after loss they continue to be silent.

Nonis is probably already secretly working for Burke!

Shanahan probably has his head shoved squarely up his ass, EVALUATING his next bowel movement!

Useless is as useless does!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Tim Lieweke is not a hockey mind. [his words] and he made a lot of suggestions that was counter-intuitive to what Lombardi wanted to do (including hiring Sutter).

I'm not going to discount your feelings. But I also remember he was adamant that the team was fixed, and that Nonis was the best person, and that (before the collapse) how we were lucky to have Kessel + Dion signed to fair market value and they would lead us to places.

he's also NOT the GM. so it's not like he could if he wanted to.

people can say whatever they want: Tim Lieweke could have fired house, (and didn't) he could have hired a president earlier, etc. he isn't lily white in all of this.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
This board and this town is so frugal.

Do people even know what his role is?

He's done an amazing job on the Raptors and just made some amazing deals with TFC and improving the stadium with his influence. He's not the GM of teams, it's not his responsibility to make the team amazing. All he can do is use his influence and power to help assist the GM in improving the team which he has done a fantastic job with the Raptors and TFC.

With the Leafs I feel like its not as easy with those two teams as there is far more politics behind it.

People laughing and bashing him our ridiculous. "The leafs suck and its all Lieweke,s fault, rabble rabble rabble." This town is so bad sometimes. Caryle is gone so next up everyone projects their negative energy to Nonis and Liewere. We run everyone out of the city. The media, the fans, the politics and the team are stuck in a ridiculous cycle of negativity. Why the hell would anyone ever want to come here?

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Remember when everyone here was fawning over this suit?

:laugh:

It was even worse than the adoration Burke was getting. At least he was a hockey guy even if he did end up doing a terrible job. Never understood it.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

He's done an amazing job on the Raptors and just made some amazing deals with TFC and improving the stadium with his influence. He's not the GM of teams, it's not his responsibility to make the team amazing. All he can do is use his influence and power to help assist the GM in improving the team which he has done a fantastic job with the Raptors and TFC.

With the Leafs I feel like its not as easy with those two teams as there is far more politics behind it.

People laughing and bashing him our ridiculous. "The leafs suck and its all Lieweke,s fault, rabble rabble rabble." This town is so bad sometimes. Caryle is gone so next up everyone projects their negative energy to Nonis and Liewere. We run everyone out of the city. The media, the fans, the politics and the team are stuck in a ridiculous cycle of negativity. Why the hell would anyone ever want to come here?

Sure, blame the fans! All we do is turn our money over to MLSE year after year, and, what do we get in return? A GARBAGE product on the ice!

We, the fans, haven't been given much to cheer for since May 2nd, 1967. 1967 folks!!!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It has been widley speculated he was one of the main reasons the team signed Clarkson - ie told Nonis to sign a big named free agent that off season

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

He came in running his mouth about what he was gonna make happen, then leaves 2 years in cause he can't handle a little cold. He didn't get run out. He chose to leave.

You're damn straight I'll rip on someone who goes back on their word. Especially when they talk suck a big game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad