Where is Lieweke in all of this?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Does this guy even exist anymore? Its like he just hired Shanahan (who hasn't done jack **** himself) just so that he doesn't have to show his face any more or take any ownership to anything that happens

Remember when he guaranteed the team would never collapse again? This guy is a ****ing leach just collecting his paycheck. He might as well just leave

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Foot 3/4 out the door. He probably doesn't want to comment on this mess like he did with the guarantee last year. Plus this is Shanahan's team now.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Lieweke had one goal when he came to Toronto: make the Raptors and Toronto FC more popular than the Leafs.

Gotta admit, he's achieved his goals admirably.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Does this guy even exist anymore? Its like he just hired Shanahan (who hasn't done jack **** himself) just so that he doesn't have to show his face any more or take any ownership to anything that happens

Remember when he guaranteed the team would never collapse again? This guy is a ****ing leach just collecting his paycheck. He might as well just leave

You know what guys And girls?

The more I think about it, the more I am really starting to think that this team is a major reason he is leaving.

I think he's finally coming to the realization that the Leafs are a lost cause and he wants to skip town before his reputation as a miracle worker goes up in smoke.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You know what guys?

The more I think about it, the more I am really starting to think that this team is a major reason he is leaving.

I think he's finally coming to the realization that the Leafs are a lost cause and he wants to skip town before his reputation as a miracle worker goes up in smoke.

considering he was the brainchild who gave Nonis 5 years and declared the team fixed after being on the job for a month. :nod:

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He's an overrated piece of **** egomaniac.

He had nothing to do with the kings winning the cup.

Did he draft Doughty,Kopitar, and Quick?

Nope, he was in the right place at the right time.

Now gtfo Tim.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
There is nothing any CEO or President can do to make the Maple Leafs a successful franchise so long as the dysfunctional clowns in the Board are making decisions.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
not sure what you want him to say, it came out in the fall he was leaving so why would he bother talk about it? he even said there were some character issues again in the fall with this team but no one believed him.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He's got one foot out the door.

Why does it matter what he's upto? Will him coming out and spewing words fix anything lol?

Shanahan's ship now.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
Lieweke actually did an amazing job with the Raptors, and did everything he could to bring in big name players for the FC, which he did. The Toronto FC didn't live up to the hype, even with the added players. The Raptors are thriving, and Raptor games are like an event in the city now.

He never really got a chance to do anything with the Leafs because he focused on the other two teams first, as they needed immediate help and the Leafs were on the up at the time.

He lost interest in dealing with the headache that is Rogers and Bell before he even had a chance to really do anything with the Leafs.

The guy will be a huge loss for the Raptors, and would have most likely done some big things for the Leafs.

If it was up to him, Kessel would have probably been traded on day 1.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
He came from LA, arguablt the model organization at the moment. They built their team by acquiring extra draft picks for like 5 straight drafts, building a well structured defensive team, traidng away one-dimensional players, and drafting an absolute stud 2nd OA.

Then there's the Leafs... looking for the quick fix, built primarily around one-dimensional and/or lazy players, very limited focus on drafting as theyve consistently traded picks, etc. If Leiweke can do one thing for us before leaving, I hope that its help sell the idea of a major focus on drafting like LA did, and i hope he hired Shanny because Shanny had similar ideas to what helped bring LA success.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He came from LA, arguablt the model organization at the moment. They built their team by acquiring extra draft picks for like 5 straight drafts, building a well structured defensive team, traidng away one-dimensional players, and drafting an absolute stud 2nd OA.

Then there's the Leafs... looking for the quick fix, built primarily around one-dimensional and/or lazy players, very limited focus on drafting as theyve consistently traded picks, etc. If Leiweke can do one thing for us before leaving, I hope that its help sell the idea of a major focus on drafting like LA did, and i hope he hired Shanny because Shanny had similar ideas to what helped bring LA success.

the man came in here in April.
saw 7 games of playoff hockey
thought we were fixed.

and went on his business.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
There is nothing any CEO or President can do to make the Maple Leafs a successful franchise so long as the dysfunctional clowns in the Board are making decisions.

What if the CEO steps in and make just one trade - of the entire franchise, lock, stock and barrel for a better one! The whole Leafs organization plus a billion bucks for who cares?: the At Louis Blues! Or a billion and a half for the Tampa Bay Lightning! Not just the players but the management, trainers and the whole crew! It doesn't matter who the trading partner is-- it would likely improve the Leafs!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leiweke has nothing to do with the Maple Leafs anymore. That's why he hired Shanahan.

Leiweke is purely focused on fixing TFC (again), before he leaves.

Ace88*

What a coward. Get lost Tim, take your rude, snobby wife and go back to California where you belong.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Fraud of all frauds.

Gtfo and don't let the door hit you blah, blah.

FAILURE and QUITTER is your legacy round these parts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad