Where is Lieweke in all of this?

Trigger96

Mar 3, 2006
What is management going to say that we don't already think we know or that they haven't said already? At the end of the day they aren't the ones failing on the ice. Is it their fault Bernier let in a goal from centre ice? it's the same pressure from fans and media that led to Toskala getting scored on from centre ice as well. The team can't stay focused because there is too much negative attention on them. They are playing like a team jinxed right now and they don't seem to be able to handle adversity in this market. Even when they were winning everyone was telling them how bad they were playing!

My theory is the whole Jersey throwing and 'fans salute' has jinxed this team. The hockey gods have spoken and every game is getting weirder. I mean how can a team go from 8 wins in a row to 8 losses in one season??? And you act like it's managements fault? if you were management you would feel just as helpless as the rest of us fans! Managers ARE fans after all!

What? you want an apology over, and over, and over? It just sounds like you are looking for something to bash about them. Why would an executive set himself up for that? It's a no win situation. The media just looks for something else to twist and dig up that negatively affects the team.

If you ask me, the media needs to be kept away from this team so they can get focused back on being a hockey player.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Tim should be known as a hero around here. He came in and did what most great CEO's do, jump ship when **** looks bad.

I'm sure he's got a great golden parachute, and to answer Daisy's question about his wife being rude, well he's ****ing rich. So there's a good chance of that. :naughty:

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
If you ask me, the media needs to be kept away from this team so they can get focused back on being a hockey player.

Maybe the players need to take a page out of Marchand Lynch's book.

"Phil. What seems to be the problem with this team's inability to score goals"

"Well, uhh, you know, I'm only here so I won't get fined, eh?"

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
What is management going to say that we don't already think we know or that they haven't said already? At the end of the day they aren't the ones failing on the ice. Is it their fault Bernier let in a goal from centre ice? it's the same pressure from fans and media that led to Toskala getting scored on from centre ice as well. The team can't stay focused because there is too much negative attention on them. They are playing like a team jinxed right now and they don't seem to be able to handle adversity in this market. Even when they were winning everyone was telling them how bad they were playing!

My theory is the whole Jersey throwing and 'fans salute' has jinxed this team. The hockey gods have spoken and every game is getting weirder. I mean how can a team go from 8 wins in a row to 8 losses in one season??? And you act like it's managements fault? if you were management you would feel just as helpless as the rest of us fans! Managers ARE fans after all!

What? you want an apology over, and over, and over? It just sounds like you are looking for something to bash about them. Why would an executive set himself up for that? It's a no win situation. The media just looks for something else to twist and dig up that negatively affects the team.

I agree, Toronto media and its fans negative energy has affected the positive energy of the players.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
...hmmmmmmm............

A new hockey book says the NHL's Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs almost traded cities in the early 1980s.
The biography of one-time Oilers owner Peter Pocklington says the scheme called for the entire team to move to Toronto to play in Maple Leaf Gardens.
The Leafs, in turn, would have found a home in Edmonton's new arena, which at that time was called the Coliseum.
In the book "I'd Trade Him Again," Pocklington says Leafs owner Harold Ballard was having financial troubles and made the proposal in 1980.
Ballard also wanted Pocklington to pay him $50 million in cash.
Pocklington, who was vilified in Edmonton when he traded Wayne Gretzky in 1988, says he was all for the market swap, but Ballard backed out in the end.
"I was actually pretty excited," Pocklington says in the book, which hit store shelves last week. "I did the numbers. Christ, I would have made a fortune in Toronto."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00