Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
MSG
Verizon Center
Caps Center (their old arena)
Philly
Anaheim (lived in SoCal for a year)

EDIT: Can't forget the Mausoleum. My first game. Old man is an Isles fan and took me there for the game before I even identified with the Rangers.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Pretty cool stuff this year. I took a trip up to Western Canada this year because I always wanted to see games there.

I made the most of my move to Portland, OR and took the relatively short drive up to Vancouver to catch the game this year. That fulfilled a lifelong dream for me. I'm a huge fan of the Pacific Northwest, and also of Canada in general (what hockey fan isn't?), so Vancouver is basically heaven for me. I almost convinced myself to hop a flight out to Alberta to complete the western Canada trip, but I couldn't pull the trigger.

My list is as follows now:

NYC - MSG
NJ - (all of them back to Brendan Byrne)
Boston - TD Bank
DC - Verizon Center (ugh)
Montreal - Bell Centre
Ottawa - Corel Centre
Vancouver - Rogers Arena

I still can't believe that I never made it out to the Mausoleum or down to Philly, but I'm not really an arena "ticker". I made trips to all of the above either to visit friends/family or because I had a desire to visit the city itself, the Rangers just helped me time my trips :nod:.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
How could you not recommend The Pit?

I didn't think the arena was that bad. The in-game stuff on the jumbrotron is overdone everywhere. Crowd definitely seemed into the game. I was there the night Eric gave Marc the concussion. Rangers won in a shootout.

Yes, the Pit has excellent BBQ and the like. It is in downtown, near the new outdoor amphitheater.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Cool, will need to check it out. Anyone else on the board flying down to NC for the NYR vs CAR game in March?

I'm giving some thought to driving up from Charlotte, but we're trying to save up for a trip to Canada in June. My daughter is a soccer player and wants to go to a Women's World Cup game. Applied for passports yesterday.

VTPete22

May 13, 2013
New York
I'd like to amend the question and ask people include:

-When they saw them play
-If the Rangers had a lot of fans/what percent
-How the atmosphere and fans were as well

Wish my list was as impressive as some of the ones I have been reading.

1. MSG IV (Pre, During & Post Renovation) - Probably 30 games total, been to at least 1 game a season since the early 90's. Also went to the 1994 ASG with Richter winning the MVP. Obviously mostly Rangers fans, and outside the Islanders fans would say the Montreal fans traveled the best.
2. Nassau Coliseum - 3 times. The only one I really remember was the first one on March 5, 1994, when the Rangers won 5-4. Best atmosphere for any hockey game I've been to. I'd say there was a 50/50 fan split.
3. Brendan Byrne/Continental Airlines Arena - 2 times in the early to mid 90's. 60% Rangers fans.
4. Capital Centre - 1 time in the early 90's. 25% Rangers fans. The Caps fans at this time were great.
5. Verizon Center - 1 time in 2006. It honestly felt like I was the only Rangers fan there. Definitely a big change in the Caps fans since the first game, most of them were fairweather fans by this time.
6. RBC Center - 1 time in 2008. 50% Rangers fans, a good handful of them were transplants from the Metropolitan area. Loudest arena and nicest fans by far, however most of the Canes fans didn't fully understand the game.
7. Yankee Stadium - Stadium Series game vs. the Devils in 2014. Technically an away game, but 60% Rangers fans. Best part was all of us trying to sing the goal song without the music and serenading 'Fatso' with the MARTY chants.

wango55

Apr 19, 2012
The Nutmeg State
MSG
Nassau
The Rock
Philly (Wells Fargo Center)

Naturally, Philly was the least friendly/hospitable place/place I received the most threats in, wearing a Rangers jersey.

Xellent

Jan 11, 2011
Switzerland & Texas
At the Bosshard Arena in Zug, Switzerland a couple of years ago. I know it was the pre-season but it was truely a gong show.

Now where else ... sadly. One day I'll make it to see them at MSG. One day...

slicrick

Sep 2, 2014
Vancouver
Vancouver at Rogers arena twice, two blowouts lol

Oct 18th 2011, NYR 4-0
Dec 13th 2014 NYR 5-1

Cool to see Lundqvist get a shutout in person, friends in 2011 were talking about how bad Brian Boyle was and he scored that game haha

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
Using names at the time

MSG
CAA
Prudential
Yankee Stadium
Sommet Center
Gaylord entertainment Center
United Center
RBC Center
GM Place
HP Pavilion (avatar is from row 1)
Honda Center
Staples Center
Saddledome
Rexall Place
Xcel Energy Center
Pepsi Center

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
MSG-NYR
NVMC-NYI
Izod Center-NJ
Prudential Center-NJ
Consol Energy Center- PIT
Nationwide Arena-CBJ

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I have watched the Rangers play in three different variations of the current MSG
Yankee Stadium
Old and new Devils arena
MCI center in Washington
TD Garden
Heading to Nassau Collesium for the first time on Tuesday.

I have been wanting to see a game in Montreal for some time. Hope to get there soon.Future road trips on the table are Pittsburgh and Columbus
I would also like to go to LA, San Jose, and Florida to see them play.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
I have seen them play at:
NY-MSG and Yankee Stadium
NJ - Meadowlands and Newark
LI - that dump in Uniondale
Philly - the old Spectrum and the new arena
Boston - the old Boston Garden, haven't been to the new place yet
Montreal - the old Forum/I've seen the Bell Center from the outside but haven't been in it
Washington - the Capital Center/not the new place
Atlanta - this one was very peculiar. I went to Atlanta in October of 2000 for a sports weekend. Saturday night Rangers/Thashers, Sunday Giants/Falcons. Anyway, it was the home opener for the Thrashers and Messier's return to the NYR. I was able to walk up to the box office an hour before faceoff and buy center ice seats in the lower level. I said to myself "this franchise doesn't have long for this town with this kind of fan disinterest". Not claiming to be a prophet, just a no-brainer from what I had seen that night.

As you can see I've been to a lot of the older arenas. As a single guy, it was easy for me to make these road trips. Got married in 2004 and became a dad in 2006 and that changed everything (for the better I might add). Although, now that my son is almost 9 and has been playing travel hockey for a couple of years now, we're planning a trip perhaps for next season to Toronto on a weekend when the Rangers are up there so we can see the game and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad