Where have you seen the Rangers play?

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
I've lucked out and managed to get in some games while on the road for work. My favorite experience on the road, outside of the outdoor games, was in Prague. The natives were amazing, food/beer cheap and everyone and their mother stopped to take pictures with our group of about 16.

MSG
Yankee Stadium (outdoor series)
Citizens Bank Park (Flyers/Winter Classic)
O2 Arena (Prague/Lightning)
Prudential Center (Devils)
Continental Airlines (Devils)
Nassau Coliseum (Isles)
Consol Energy Center (Pens)
Wells Fargo Center (Flyers)
Verizon Center (Caps)
TD Garden (Bruins)
St. Peterburg Times Forum (Tampa)
BB&T Center (Panthers)
Bridgestone Arena (Preds)
United Center (Blackhawks)
Kiel Center (Blues)
Jobing.com Arena (Coyotes... I forget the name at the time)

I have Colorado and Buffalo lined up for later this season with a slight chance of getting in the Wild as well.

pavelich

Jul 16, 2009
I am so sorry.

:laugh:
I remember going down the escalator after the game and my son, who was six at the time, was a little teary. I told him, first of all at least that didn't happen vs the flyers, devils or islanders. Second, if you told me before the game we'd lose 6-5 in a shootout I'd have probably taken it!

Also the noise when the Canadiens scored to tie the game, Kovalev I think, was the loudest I've ever heard at a sporting event. Only thing comparable was when Smarty Jones hit the top of the stretch in the 2004 Belmont.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
MSG
Brendan Byrne / Continental Airlines Arena
Spectrum
Whatever the name of the new building in Philly
Nashville
Carolina
Columbus

Favorite away game experience was definitely Nashville. Awesome pregame/post game bar hopping.

I ran into most of the team at a bar after the game on their annual Fathers Trip last year. Definitely got an appreciation for how big Boyle and Nash are. Spent a good bit of time talking to McDonough, Staal and Stepan.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Madison Square Garden
Brendan Byrne (Meadowlands) - Devils
Philadelphia Spectrum - Flyers
Capital Centre, Landover, MD - Capitals
ESA/RBC Center/PNC Center - Hurricanes
Philips Arena - Thrashers

The one thing I hate about the Thrashers leaving Atlanta is the cheap tickets and a 4 1/2 hour ride down I-85.

I HATE going to Raleigh and that kindergarten classroom they call a hockey arena. It's great for NC State basketball, but for hockey, unless you're 11, it SUCKS!

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
MSG ( season tix since 1980)
Nassau Coliseum (Isles)
Brendan Byrne / Continental Airlines (Devils)
Citizens Bank Park (Flyers/Winter Classic)
Yankee Stadium (outdoor series)
Wells Fargo Center (Flyers)
Verizon Center (Caps)O2 Arena (Prague/Lightning)
Prudential Center (Devils)
Bell Centre ( Canadiens )
Air Canada Centre ( Maple Leafs)

On my list for next year
Staples Center in LA and Honda Center in Anaheim ( Daughter moved to LA last May )
Tampa and Florida Panthers

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
MSG
Nassau
Yankee Stadium
CAA and PruCenter
Philly
Staples Center

Coming soon:
Nashville - side note, anyone seen a game there? Looking for some recs in the city as well.

Vidic15*

MSG
NVMC
MGM arena Las Vegas. Last years preseason game vs the Kings

ptvnsx

Jun 29, 2004
Jersey Shore, NJ
In order of favorite to least favorite besides the older Caps Arena, was to young to remember.

Renovated MSG
Montreal
St. Louis
LA
Boston
Columbus
Anaheim
Continental

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I HATE going to Raleigh and that kindergarten classroom they call a hockey arena. It's great for NC State basketball, but for hockey, unless you're 11, it SUCKS!

Just bought my flight and ticket to the game in March at PNC. Never been down there. Why do you hate it? Too much cutesy, childish non hockey stuff during the stoppages?

Do you recommend any thing to do before/after the game around the area?

skymachine

Aug 2, 2005
New York
Some impressive lists here. Here's my list:

MSG (first game in 1995, most recent was 12/23 vs the Caps, the Nash delayed hat trick game)
Continental (few times)
Prudential (4-5 games, most memorable was the first NYR-NJ game there ever which was a win and the Rangers in 2008-09 climbing back from a 5-1 deficit to tie it, only to lose 8-5. Crazy game to be at).
Wells Fargo Center (2 games, both in 07-08, both wins including a Valiquette shutout)
TD Garden (2 games - one in 2006 and the other 2007, both shoot out wins)
SAP Center (this Saturday will be my 3rd Ranger game there. Was at the Hertl 4 goal game. Yea.)
Staples Center (Game 2 SCF. Unreal experience but devastating loss, will make all other Ranger losses I attend more bearable in comparison).
Pepsi Center (Shootout loss in April 2014)

nyrfan519

Jan 10, 2009
Pretty cool stuff this year. I took a trip up to Western Canada this year because I always wanted to see games there. And obviously it had to be the Rangers on a road trip there. So with that:

MSG
NJ (Prudential)
Carolina
Atlanta
LA (Staples)
Anaheim
Vancouver (Rogers Arena)
Edmonton
Calgary

And I'll be going to San Jose this Saturday.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pretty cool stuff this year. I took a trip up to Western Canada this year because I always wanted to see games there. And obviously it had to be the Rangers on a road trip there. So with that:

MSG
NJ (Prudential)
Carolina
Atlanta
LA (Staples)
Anaheim
Vancouver (Rogers Arena)
Edmonton
Calgary

And I'll be going to San Jose this Saturday.
Damn, you went all the way up to Edmonton? :laugh:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
i've seen the Islanders play in more arenas :help: i've only seen the Rangers at home. but my girlfriend loves hockey almost as much as i do, so we'll be trying to get up to Boston and out to Pittsburgh. probably Florida too.

judging by what you folks are saying, most of these buildings are nice and fun to be in. i need a drivers license :laugh:

Last edited:

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
I'd like to amend the question and ask people include:

-When they saw them play
-If the Rangers had a lot of fans/what percent
-How the atmosphere and fans were as well

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Just bought my flight and ticket to the game in March at PNC. Never been down there. Why do you hate it? Too much cutesy, childish non hockey stuff during the stoppages?

Do you recommend any thing to do before/after the game around the area?

Yeah, it's non-stop sensory overload. Way too much non-hockey stuff. They started the "cheerleaders" concept, and it's gotten worse from there. It's also not a very friendly arena (not so much from the Hurricanes fans, but the arena staff). They treat everyone like a criminal entering the place. That said, now that the Hurricanes are just plain bad, and the ticket prices have been jacked through the roof for that market, there will be a lot more Ranger fans in the building and the nonsense from the jumbotron and the in-game marketing morons is lessened.

As for the area around the arena itself, there is virtually nothing. There is one bar/restaurant (Backyard Bistro), the NC State football stadium, a few office buildings, a gas station, and a Wendy's. Most Hurricanes fans tailgate, and on March 20th, there's a good chance the weather will be nice enough just to do that. You have to drive to the arena, and you may get stuck parking on grass/mud.

Downtown Raleigh has improved greatly since I lived there. There are plenty of decent bars to go to after the game a few miles to the east in downtown(just don't keep your jersey on...a lot of them have dress codes). That is the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament, so you'll probably have some crowds at the sports bars, especially if State, Carolina, or Duke is playing. If you do drive, be careful. They are ******** with their DUI enforcement down here.

If you're coming with family, the State Museum in downtown Raleigh is pretty decent.

I also highly recommend Amedeo's Restaurant on Western Boulevard. It's not too far from the arena. Not the best Italian you're ever going to have, but it's good for the south, and having adopted NC State as my college team, great atmosphere.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, it's non-stop sensory overload. Way too much non-hockey stuff. They started the "cheerleaders" concept, and it's gotten worse from there. It's also not a very friendly arena (not so much from the Hurricanes fans, but the arena staff). They treat everyone like a criminal entering the place. That said, now that the Hurricanes are just plain bad, and the ticket prices have been jacked through the roof for that market, there will be a lot more Ranger fans in the building and the nonsense from the jumbotron and the in-game marketing morons is lessened.

As for the area around the arena itself, there is virtually nothing. There is one bar/restaurant (Backyard Bistro), the NC State football stadium, a few office buildings, a gas station, and a Wendy's. Most Hurricanes fans tailgate, and on March 20th, there's a good chance the weather will be nice enough just to do that. You have to drive to the arena, and you may get stuck parking on grass/mud.

Downtown Raleigh has improved greatly since I lived there. There are plenty of decent bars to go to after the game a few miles to the east in downtown(just don't keep your jersey on...a lot of them have dress codes). That is the first weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament, so you'll probably have some crowds at the sports bars, especially if State, Carolina, or Duke is playing. If you do drive, be careful. They are ******** with their DUI enforcement down here.

If you're coming with family, the State Museum in downtown Raleigh is pretty decent.

I also highly recommend Amedeo's Restaurant on Western Boulevard. It's not too far from the arena. Not the best Italian you're ever going to have, but it's good for the south, and having adopted NC State as my college team, great atmosphere.

Thanks for the tips.

Looking forward to crossing arena #25 off my list. Still have ARI, DEN, WPG, FLA, and TBL left to do and I'll have all 30. :yo:

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I'd like to amend the question and ask people include:

-When they saw them play
-If the Rangers had a lot of fans/what percent
-How the atmosphere and fans were as well

When I went to CGY and EDM last season in March. I was surprised at the amount of Rangers fans in attendance. I struck up conversations with a few asking where they were from, thinking that they had made the flight from the NYC area to Alberta, CA. Turns out most were from Canada. Big fans of Gretz and Messier and became Rangers fans during the 94-97 years.

On the flight to Calgary, there were at least 10 NYR fans that I was able to pick out (Rangers hats, jackets, etc). Ran into the same 10 on the way back to NYC from Alberta.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Haha yeah...Edmonton is not a very nice city. And it seemed especially sad with how bad the Oilers are. But Vancouver and Calgary are awesome cities.

The Calgary area is especially awesome if you take a side trip to Banff and Lake Louise. That area is so amazingly beautiful. It's just 1.5 hours from Calgary to Banff and 2 hours to Lake Louise.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

How could you not recommend The Pit?

I didn't think the arena was that bad. The in-game stuff on the jumbrotron is overdone everywhere. Crowd definitely seemed into the game. I was there the night Eric gave Marc the concussion. Rangers won in a shootout.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
MSG
NYI
NJD (old)

That's all.

My goal in the past was to do a Florida trip and hit up Miami and Tampa since they used to always play them in successive games. Unfortunately that hasn't seemed to happen in recent years anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad