Where does the Canucks forward group rank?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Just let the season start Vancouver fans, you're going to drive yourself crazy posting all this shit haha.

It's pretty much the same top 6 as the last few years. Garland is a nice add but if they've improved that much and the whole team is ready to shatter personal bests, just sit back and enjoy it. No one outside Vancouver is gonna just pencil in everyone breaking their own records.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Just let the season start Vancouver fans, you're going to drive yourself crazy posting all this shit haha.

It's pretty much the same top 6 as the last few years. Garland is a nice add but if they've improved that much and the whole team is ready to shatter personal bests, just sit back and enjoy it. No one outside Vancouver is gonna just pencil in everyone breaking their own records.

No record breaking needs to happen here

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Look in the top 5 scoring thread haha. Guy put down personal bests for 4 out of 5 guys and its just Vancouver fans saying too low for three pages.

Pretty sure some people are hoping they'll lead the league in goals.

I looked only to find out you are gaslighting me

Feb 19, 2018
Bottom 6 is league average. Not going to hurt them and not going to win them games so I think we can be comfortable rating them on their top 6. I’d put these teams ahead in top 6 talent

Tampa (great bottom 6)
Edmonton (below average bottom 6)
Colorado (great bottom 6)
Toronto (average bottom 6)
Winnipeg (average bottom 6)
Boston (average bottom 6)
Penguins (below average bottom 6)

A couple others are certainly debatable, but I think its fair to put canucks forwards around 10th in the league
Tampa has been gutted

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I am certainly questioning why I would ever accept the word of a clearly biased person on a hockey forum.

Ya that's just weird. Some deep introspection is required.

Vancouver fans trying to convince everyone else how good their team is is already crossing an annoying threshold. Toronto and Edmonton aren't that desperate for approval.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Ya that's just weird. Some deep introspection is required.

Vancouver fans trying to convince everyone else how good their team is is already crossing an annoying threshold. Toronto and Edmonton aren't that desperate for approval.

Every fanbase that has something to be excited about must piss off bitter flamer fans

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Probably one of the most polarizing line ups in the league, They can be a top 10 team or they can be a bottom 10 team. On paper they have a top 10 offensive group

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Without Pettersson and Garland? Not great, but I'm betting they'll bounce-back, and I think most people who understand hockey would bet the same
Garland wasn’t on the team 2 years ago if you weren’t aware. Pettersson played about half the games last year as well.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I think some people are being unfair - it's not the best forward group in the league but they're certainly not 20th (be serious) or lower either.

I think most teams would be happy with those top 3 lines, with the exception of the powerhouses in the league. 4th line isn't amazing but Motte is great and for just over a million a healthy Sutter is serviceable.

You could make the case for them being anywhere between 8th and 15th. The D is another story.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'd say between 10th-15th. Really depends if Pettersson takes that next step. Right now he's an average 1C, but he's shown flashes of being better than that.

They've got a solid top 6 - I think their 2nd line could end up better than their 1st honestly. Hoglander and Garland are both absolute buzz saws with plenty of speed and skill, and Horvat is one of the better two way centers in the league. Could be really tough to play against. I'm not as high on Miller and Boeser as others - on a top offensive team ideally they slot on your 2ns line, but they're still good enough to play where they are slotted.

Their bottom 6 is not too bad, but a lot depends on Podkolzin's transition. Dickinson, Highmore, and Motte are pretty underrated as far as bottom 6 players go, they all skate very well.

With Hughes on the backend, this team should score plenty of goals (especially playing in such a weak division), but they'll have to figure out how to keep them out too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad