Where does Ryan Nugent Hopkins slot into your team?

Slot RNH into your team

• Total voters

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
#1 Center, leads the league in scoring, and we easily win the title.

He immediately becomes the best player in the history of the Green Acres Sabres! :thumbu:

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I find it funny how many fans put RNH as a 3C when he’s out scoring their current 2C.. Scoring isn’t everything, but RNH is good on both sides of the rink.

I’d consider putting him either as 2W with Horvat, or moving Pettersson to Horvat’s wing and playing RNH as the 2C.

He’s too good to be a 3C, someone would be moved to wing.

And I find it funny that he's outscoring Horvat who you literally just refused to put behind RNH. I mean I hear ya but there does come a point when you need to consider playing on a bad team as a positive, at least from a raw stats perspective, especially because he gets to reap the benefits of top powerplay time to the tune of 16 points. Tons of players in the league benefit statistically from crap teams playing minutes they wouldn't get otherwise.

Without derailing this to RNH vs. Kadri, which I'm not doing, Kadri went from 3o plus goal scorer on a good team to a dude with a terrible stat line on a stacked team, opportunity might not be the name of the game but its up there.

Having said that RNH is a very good player but I don't blame people for taking players with a worse statline this year over him.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Just like in Edmonton, every team would have him in your top 6 or play him on the wing. He’s way to talented to be on the third line, and is solid on both sides of the puck. I would say for over half the teams in the NHL he’s a very good 2C/1C on some.

The only teams that would run an Edmonton situation, wing/C, are ones that have 2 ppg centers, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Toronto etc.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He'd be a Winger on the Canucks. Horvat and Pettersson have 1-2C locked down. RNH isn't going to unseat either. And he's not the type of player who makes a modicum of sense in the Bottom-6.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
On the Flames, depending on how the Flames made lines, he'd either be 2C or 3C. It'd really be a 2A and 2B situation with Backlund.

I voted 3rd line for Flames only because I think Peters would keep Backs on the 2nd as the shutdown guy. Either way, it'd be a 2a/2b with the 2nd and 3rd lines probably getting the same amount of minutes.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
He'd probably play on Backstrom or Kuzy's wing.

Can he win FOs? If so the Caps might use him the way the Flyers use G.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Only teams where he isn't at least 2C are Edmonton, Toronto, Tampa, Capitals, and Pittsburgh. And even those teams he would be a top line winger.

RNH really flies under the radar on this site, excellent 2-way player who is on pace for 75 points this year, and the most impressive part is that many times he generates offense singlehandedly with 2 bum wingers.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Mika Zibanejad is just short of a point per game so I doubt he takes his spot. Hayes is beasting it too right now but he is on his way out at the deadline. RNH would easily be 2c after the deadline.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I don’t think he’d play C on the Rangers, we’d probably make him either Zibanejad or Hayes winger until Hayes gets traded at the TDL
Pretty hard to compare him and Hayes though

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
2c on the jets

Connor scheifele wheeler
Laine rnh ehlers
Little as the 3c
Lowry as the checking line

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
For half the games sure, other half of the games the Sens would choose matchups.

Either way, 1a and 1b aren't a matter of who covers who, it's confidence when you need them. Take Montreal, if there's 2 mins left in a close game and the other team uses a timeout then Domi isn't the one who gets sent out, Denault is.

This is kind of odd reasoning. Usually people consider the 1C the more offensively inclined one. Is Danault out there with 2 min left when down by a goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad