Where does MacKinnon rank among centers?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I would take Mackinnon with 6,3m over McDavid with whatever he's gonna get dont remember but it was such an absurd amount of money.

This year you do that every day, and probably twice on Sunday.
That all being said, we're not sure what Mack is. Is he this guy? Or is he the decent player from years' past?

If you're getting this Mack from this on out... yup. Easy. 6 million goes a long way, these guys are playing pretty equal this season. 6 Million's enough to get a top UFA or top line winger.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
This year you do that every day, and probably twice on Sunday.
That all being said, we're not sure what Mack is. Is he this guy? Or is he the decent player from years' past?

If you're getting this Mack from this on out... yup. Easy. 6 million goes a long way, these guys are playing pretty equal this season. 6 Million's enough to get a top UFA or top line winger.
They are? Ones vaulting his team into the playoffs the other can’t keep his from sinking...

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
At his current level he is definitely top-10 center in this league, just barely outside of top-5. He still has a lot to prove but he is in right way.

At his CURRENT level? He’s the best player in the NHL. The kid can literally have a goal on almost every shift. Can other teams slow him down? Will he cool off? Those are the questions really.

But today there’s not one player I’d rather have on my team. McDavid possibly but I don’t believe any player is worth that much of the cap. Literally the only question we ever had was can his hands catch up to his skating. Will the game ever slow down for him? And it really has. It’s scary to watch. Without Mackinnon the Avs are bottom 3 team this year no question. They’re in his backpack.

My actual top 5 centers.

McDavid
Crosby
Mackinnon
Kopitar
Stamkos/Tavares/Giroux

But to me Mackinnon is closing the gap. The kid has very few things he doesn’t do at an elite level.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Passed his rookie season point total last night too. Hopefully that argument would’ve been dead anyway, but still glad the off-season stat watchers won’t have that technicality to fall back on.

mattcookefan

Nov 6, 2013
Matt Cooke's house
Yeah it's a pretty dumb list. It's all situations points per 60 which is a really weird metric when you consider players that PP/PK.

5v5 the list would look like this.
1. Mackinnon
2. Kucherov
3. Marchand
4. Barzal
5. McDavid
That makes a lot more sense lol. Anything with mcdavid off the top 5 is just bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad