Speculation: Where does Hamonic go?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Day 1of NHL free agency is over but there are still some interesting names out there, Hall, Hoffman, Ganlund, Pietrangelo Toffoli etc.

But one interesting name is Travis Hamonic a lot of teams could use him, Toronto, Vancouver, Boston, Columbus Winnipegjust to name a few.

Hamonic is a good player and whoever gets him might get a bargain if he sits a couple more days

Where does he land?

Last edited:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm guessing that Winnipeg is waiting to make a deal for one of Vegas' d-men (Schmidt preferably) or Savard from Columbus if either team signs Pietrangelo. If that doesn't happen, I can see us circling back on Hamonic. He probably wants to stay in Western Canada but those teams are pretty much all full now.

Also, Tanev is gone.

Nov 24, 2006
Day 1of NHL free agency is over but there are still some interesting names out there, Hall, Hoffman, Ganlund, Pietrangelo Toffoli etc.

But one interesting name is Travis Hamonic a lot of teams could use him, Toronto, Vancouver, Boston, Columbus Winnipegjust to name a few.

Tanev is a good player and whoever gets him might get a bargain if he sits a couple more days

Where does he land?
Wasn’t sure if this was a typo... but Tanev signed in Calgary already.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm guessing that Winnipeg is waiting to make a deal for one of Vegas' d-men (Schmidt preferably) or Savard from Columbus if either team signs Pietrangelo. If that doesn't happen, I can see us circling back on Hamonic. He probably wants to stay in Western Canada but those teams are pretty much all full now.

Also, Tanev is gone.

I know I didn't mentioned Toffoli not Tanev

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
all the teams that could use him no longer have room.

So maybe a 1-2 year deal on the cheap?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Hamonic is a good player and whoever gets him might get a bargain if he sits a couple more days

Where does he land?

Hamonic is no longer a good player.

He is a warrior for sure but that doesn't mean he is good

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Sure he is, one poor season doesn't change that he is a top 4 guy and might be hard at a bargain price if teams wait.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sure he is, one poor season doesn't change that he is a top 4 guy and might be hard at a bargain price if teams wait.
He was bad the first season, average the second and terrible the third. Isles fans also said he was not good before they traded him. We just didn't listen. His good guy image fools people with his on ice performance.

Ask flames fans, nobody missed him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

He's still a capable D man and could absolutely help Toronto or Boston or Vancouver, Winnipeg even Buffalo

There are a lot of teams Hamonic could help

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I’ll bet the Canucks are in on him. They offered 2x4 for Tanev, probably a similar offer to Hamonic.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'd take him on the Jets for $1M for 1 year but if he was willing to accept that and the Jets were willing to offer that, it would've already happened

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
GMs are clearly being more stingy with their money this season. Hamonic is probably going to be squeesed pretty tight.

He might have to take whatever job he can get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad