Where does Dougie Hamilton rank among dmen?

Where does he rank?

• Total voters

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I see him as a poor mans seth Jones, poor enough that I have him just outside the top 30.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
25-30 I would say. Already been traded twice and he's young , right handed and talented. Something has to be wrong with him in some way.

Can't help but think about this time where I think flames TV guys were talking off the record about how dumb he was. Maybe he's just a good hockey player but a pretty stupid human being.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
25-30 I would say. Already been traded twice and he's young , right handed and talented. Something has to be wrong with him in some way.

Can't help but think about this time where I think flames TV guys were talking off the record about how dumb he was. Maybe he's just a good hockey player but a pretty stupid human being.
Never met the man, so I can't speak from experience, but he was the CHL Scholastic player of the year in 2011.

He's probably quite a bit closer to eccentric than he is to dumb.

Reactions: ESH and wintersej

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
40-50. Would like to see him prove he can handle more minutes before I rank him higher than that.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
the harder dman in hockey to rank.

really need to see him get bigger minutes to know for sure.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He's top 5 in ES points for the past 3 seasons which is pretty impressive. Top 20 if you include all situations. He's even top 10 in CF%. I voted him as a top 20 D-man but even that may be underrating him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think he's better than Burns defensively, but away from Giordano, his defensive on-ice numbers plummet pretty badly.

the harder dman in hockey to rank.

really need to see him get bigger minutes to know for sure.

He was 25th in the league in 5 on 5 total TOI last season... unless what you really mean is you need to see him on a PK.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I would say top 30. Not without his flaws but he is fantastic in the OZ. When he has a bad game he has a really bad game.

Somewhere between 20-35 to me.
Really hard to peg the guy. Without Giordano he looked bad, but he was also getting repugnant partners. Giordano is a legit 1D ranked between the 7-15 spot in the league.

Love his North/South transition, and I his willingness to shoot. When he has a bad defensive game, it makes you want to pull out your hair. A lot "Why the f*** did you do that?" moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad