Where does Crosby Land in All-Time Playoff Points?

Where does Crosby Land in All-Time Playoff Points?

• Total voters

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
1-You make it sound like that's not actually adding to his legacy. Or would he look more impressive as a player if he only made it 4 times in his career?

2-You might want to look at the guys at the top of the list and how many games they've played. It's not like Crosby has played 200 games and everyone else on the list has played 50.

True and comparison across eras isn't worth it. Crosby is the best playoff performer in the league since he started playing. Tons of players have great runs and then go missing but Crosby and even Malkin have been consistently good. PPG+ in the playoffs is ridiculous in today's NHL.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
never really care for Playoff questions like this because they're too dependent on things outside of the player in questions control

passing Kurri is possible,but it's also very possible his team loses in the first round a bunch through no fault of his own(or even misses the Playoffs entirely) and he doesn't even pass Jagr

gut feeling is somewhere in the middle and he ends up around Anderson but who knows

pretty much no way he catches Messier though,way too far behind and he's 30 now

Even if the Pens got eliminated in the first round every single season from here on out, you're still looking at him averaging somewhere between 6 to 8 points (most series likely go 6 or 7 games), so if he plays until he's 38 or 39, that's another 48 to 64 points, which would put him between 3rd and 4th.

If the Pens DO make it past the first round multiple times, I think it's almost a given he passes Kurri (barring some injury that forces him to miss games, obviously).

True and comparison across eras isn't worth it. Crosby is the best playoff performer in the league since he started playing. Tons of players have great runs and then go missing but Crosby and even Malkin have been consistently good. PPG+ in the playoffs is ridiculous in today's NHL.

Which is why I find it hilarious when HF does polls and asks who you'd take for a playoff run, and Crosby's name isn't at least in someone's top 2 or top 3 of who they'd take.

The "knock" on him is always the whole "LOL he didn't deserve the Conn Smythe in 2016", except it ignores the fact he STILL finished second on his team in scoring. So even in a year where people think he "didn't deserve" the CS, he was still a big part of his team winning.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
1-You make it sound like that's not actually adding to his legacy. Or would he look more impressive as a player if he only made it 4 times in his career?

2-You might want to look at the guys at the top of the list and how many games they've played. It's not like Crosby has played 200 games and everyone else on the list has played 50.
Ya but NHL.com is running articles saying that Crosby's numbers are rivalling Mario's numbers in the playoffs.

What would Mario's numbers be if he had 150+ playoff games like Sid?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ya but NHL.com is running articles saying that Crosby's numbers are rivalling Mario's numbers in the playoffs.

What would Mario's numbers be if he had 150+ playoff games like Sid?

So because NHL.com likes to exaggerate things to generate click bait on their articles, you responded to that poster (who didn't even mention a comparison to Lemieux)?

I mean, I'm not surprised. But come on, the poster simply said it's impressive where he stands given the era he played in. Trying to diminish that point because of something that wasn't even that person's point is idiotic.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
Holy shit those Gretzky numbers. Insane.

Sidney has a good chance to surpass Kurri

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
So because NHL.com likes to exaggerate things to generate click bait on their articles, you responded to that poster (who didn't even mention a comparison to Lemieux)?

I mean, I'm not surprised. But come on, the poster simply said it's impressive where he stands given the era he played in. Trying to diminish that point because of something that wasn't even that person's point is idiotic.

That's a pretty serious charge you are leveling against a poster who has an impeccable record of objectivity on HF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad