Where do you see the Habs placing next season?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Atlantic is going to be the best division next season.

They likely don’t make any big moves because of this so somewhere 4-5 in the division

Reactions: Bruhin

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Last place and we finally land a first overall round pick. That would make some people mad.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Tampa Bay
Boston
Toronto
Florida
Montreal
Ottawa
Buffalo
Detroit

Unless the Panthers turn back into a pumpkin, which doesn't seem likely but has happened before, the Habs are probably going to struggle to make the playoffs. They're going to need a big year from the kids, which could also happen.

At least the Leafs seem poised to lose to the Bruins in the first round again. That's always funny.

Reactions: abo9 and DaveG

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Winning the Cup (if they pull it off) will help legitimize the Habs again and they'll draw the pieces they need. It's all up to how MB runs it.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Like the Leafs winning the regular season division, the Habs successes are currently a product of the all-Canadian division. Like the Leafs, once COVID blows over and things return to normalcy, the Habs will return to mediocrity.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Not sure how you can even answer this before the offseason happens.

Do we re-sign Tatar, Danault, Armia, etc.? Do we add anyone significant in FA or trade? What do other teams in our division do?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Strong 5v5 play for past few seasons but poor special teams killed them in standings. Efficiency ratio below 100. Probably get in as long as they can keep that at least average.

Strong special teams have been a big part of their 7 game win streak. Another PP goal last night closing out the Jets. I think they have scored one in almost every win. PK ranked #1 at 90%.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
As a Montreal fan, what we're seeing right now is pretty much the best hockey Montreal can play with such a roster - give or take a better offensive contribution from Anderson and the defense. I don't believe it's sustainable over a season, so hopefully they ride this as far as they can. I accept and embrace that next year we'll have a lottery pick. Regardless of these playoffs there is bit of dead weight to clear on the cap, and a true blue chip offensive prospect/young player to add to our next gen (we were so close to the Perfetti pick last year :().

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Who knows? They've been the most confusing team all year. It's tough to say whether this is a stepping stone towards breaking out, or the moment before it all falls apart.

Depends alot on Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi, and Romanov.

Reactions: HabsQC

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Changes are coming next year. I think Danault and Tatar's contracts are up, and they will probably lose someone good in the expansion draft given their team makeup.

It's hard to say until that dust settles, but assuming they go back to the old division format, they will probably have a tough time making the playoffs.

Tampa, and Toronto should continue to be locks. I'll say boston is a lock until they show they aren't...... And I haven't even talked about Florida yet.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Bad/mediocre teams win a playoff round or two all the time. There's a team almost every year. See Ottawa in 2017, Vancouver last year, etc. Heck, even the Habs upset Pitt in the play in round last season. Getting hot for 2 weeks that just happen to be playoff time doesn't mean a team is all of a sudden good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad