Where do you see the Habs placing next season?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Bad/mediocre teams win a playoff round or two all the time. There's a team almost every year. See Ottawa in 2017, Vancouver last year, etc. Heck, even the Habs upset Pitt in the play in round last season. Getting hot for 2 weeks that just happen to be playoff time doesn't mean a team is all of a sudden good.

I always figured that the habs were better than what the stangings showed. After the team got put into a Covid protocol, they played 25 games in 43 days to finish the season.

Then they injected Danault, Weber, price, and Gallagher into game 1 of the playoffs coming off of injury, although Gallagher hasn't been himself, and Weber is reported to require surgery at the end of the playoffs.... But its still a sizable injection even if they didn't come back healthy.

Maybe that covid schedule kind of primed them for what was coming, because they have played 11 playoff games in 19 days as well.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
They will miss the playoffs without significant improvements.

Sanchise90

Sep 6, 2019
I don't think they make the playoffs next year. If you assume Florida wasn't a fluke this year, there's Boston, Tampa Bay. Florida and Toronto to deal with in the division plus there's a chance they lose Jake Allen in the expansion draft to Seattle...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
depends what the playoff format is, if they go back to the previous format, I'm not sure they even make the playoffs. Tampa, Boston, Toronto and Florida could all easily be ahead of them and if Ottawa continues to improve like they did this season, then they might even be a threat to finish ahead of the Habs.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Do you think this run is a fluke and they'll go back to getting spanked as a wildcard?

Or do you think the Habs will adopt this trap full time and cement themselves as a playoff competitor next season?

Yes, this clearly is a "fluke" for this team. Price is playing well but he hasn't played like this in many years. He's carrying them, and at the same time, their opponents so far have clearly crapped their own beds.

Look for hem to finish up in the bottom 10 next season. Maybe bottom 5.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Do you think this run is a fluke and they'll go back to getting spanked as a wildcard?

Or do you think the Habs will adopt this trap full time and cement themselves as a playoff competitor next season?
They'll miss the playoffs next year. This team is riding a hot streak. Dallas Stars 19/20 = Montreal 20/21

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Can we let this season play out before worrying about next season? There could be a few big(ish) changes in the offseason with a number UFAs etc. Hard to predict much just yet.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe a bubble team if the stars align and a few players take big steps but I do t see them getting in.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Somewhere in the 16 to 20th team next year. With toronto, tampa, and boston being the top 3 teams wont be an easy one thats for sure.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
2017 Senators all over again.

Beware Habs fans

The 2017 Senators had a better roster.

This roster won't make playoffs unless Bergevin adds some significant pieces to fill holes at LW/D.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Depends entirely on our 4 young guns,

Suzuki, KK, Caufield, and Romanov.

If they have good years I'll say 3rd-4th in the Atlantic. If they don't bubble team may not make it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Depends entirely on our 4 young guns,

Suzuki, KK, Caufield, and Romanov.

If they have good years I'll say 3rd-4th in the Atlantic. If they don't bubble team may not make it.
I think even with good years from all 4 of those players they still have some catching up to do to pass one let alone two of Boston, Tampa, Toronto, and Florida.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
We wont make the playoffs in a normal season. Our old dudes will be a year older. A couple rounds of winning is nice for our young guys but unfortunately likely detrimental overall since MB will keep a job

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, this clearly is a "fluke" for this team. Price is playing well but he hasn't played like this in many years. He's carrying them, and at the same time, their opponents so far have clearly crapped their own beds.

Look for hem to finish up in the bottom 10 next season. Maybe bottom 5.
At least they've demonstrated they can win a round..Really brings to light that some good regular season teams will just never get it done in the playoffs.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think that they will be a bubble playoff team next season..but who cares right now..Congrats to them on being the winner of the North Division.

Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->